Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life...

Options

Replies

• tomosgirl
    tomosgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Each journey begins with a first step. Just take things one step at a time and you will find yourself happier, healthier and smarter along the way!
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Set goals and write them down. Not weight goals, those are the side effects. Things you want to do on a day to day basis, or new activities you want to take part in but can't or won't because of your weight. Like this walking and swimming that could be the first steps towards going to the gym, or hiking, rock climbing, whatever :)

Setting these goals will give a purpose and rewards and all sorts of nice subtle incentives to your journey. At some point you will question your choice of going through this hard change, and that list will help you kick your self doubts aside :)

Good luck!

I second this!! Welcome to the site :)
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh geez.. add me. Loved the reference, btw...fat, drunk and stupid...you are either an Animal House fan or an Artie fan...either way is a win-win.

Thanks! Yes both Animal House fan and big Artie fan as well. He is awesome. I met him once a few years ago and in person he made me laugh so hard. I told him I looked up to him a bit a big guy who makes people laugh, he thanked me, but seemed sad. I thought I annoyed him so I quickly left... looking back, it was during the time he was into his drugs/depression phase... so maybe he felt bad. Anyhow.

Keto diet is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aiHSPoto_YqsNTDvL-g60nytMnyH-CJcCbiAx1IEUYM/edit?pli=1
    :smile:
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    you can do anything if you want it bad enough!! good luck!!
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Before you know it...you'll be less fat, less drunk and less stupid! Welcome to the club!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Why Monday? I know it can be hard, but never put off tomorrow what you can kick *kitten* at today!
    I can only start things on Mondays. And the first Monday of the month is even better. But when the first Monday of the Monday IS the 1st of the month, then I have a huge "starting" dance and party! It"s better than New Years Day almost.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    No need to wait until Monday, start now and join us! We're here for you! :D
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's a song title, btw...I just started here a couple days ago.Hope it works! Good luck.
  • Mommyfate
    Mommyfate Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ya joined a wonderful site for support. And you're right, fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. I hear that 80% of weight loss is from a healthy diet, so don't worry too much about exercise until you are able to do it comfortably. Swimming is an awesome idea, because in my opinion it is really fun, so you can burn some calories without trying too hard. Walking also does wonders in the beginning. That's how I lost so much at first.
    Good Luck friend! And feel free to add me for support!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot the most important thing..Congrats for taking this journey for your health! This place has been great for keeping me accountable! I hope it works well for you, too.
  • faireplay
    Options
    Don't wait....start now, right this minute. Walking is your best friend right now. Even if you only make it half way down the block, eventually it will be 3/4 of the way and then the whole block.
    You can do this!
  • momskg
    momskg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, how's it going?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sounds fun to me.
  • alucardd20
    alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't know this topic was still active. Update, I've lost almost 70 lbs and this Keto diet is amazing. I am walking better, and even pulling out old clothes I used to fit into. Thanks everyone!
  • mommadaoust
    Options
    Hi, good for you for starting..... Today is day three for me and I have lost 3.2 lbs. We have a biggest loser contest in town but I think I like being anonymous and so I am not joining...... I have gained all my weight on a lot of booze (especially beer!), bad eating and no exercise. I know I am an emotional eater (drinker) and I am not very happy with my life right now. I think that if I dig my head outta the sand, start looking after myself that I could make my life better for myself and my family. (I have three kids and 2 are following in my footsteps. I was an overweight kid and it was horrible.) I am getting in contact with a counsellor for my emotions and have quit drinking......I haven't started exercising but I did find some old exercise dvd's. I wish we had a pool where I live because my knees are always sore. So I am dieting and will save to buy a gym membership. Good luck to you. Great job on the 70 lbs. Keep moving forward.
  • faireplay
    Options
    70 pounds! That is amazing. Keep up the good work!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Dude,
    Add me, I'd just join 6 days ago. We'll all help each other thru this tough time! As long as you are doing it, you are in the game.
    Namaste!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow 70 lbs. since November! That is terrific!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ShayNichols
    ShayNichols Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi !!!
  • billkidd
    Options
    Wow! This "topic" or "thread" - whatever it's called - caught my attention KWIK! I just got on line with myfitnesspal last night, and had used a Fitbit some time ago, but only found it again last night. Today is my 62nd birthday, and 37th anniversary in Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm a retired Army NCO (Signal & Quartermaster Branches) and a medically-retired psychologist (had a bunch of strokes,) Moved to Sierra Vista AZ almost 2 yrs ago from Boston to "walk in the desert and hike the mountains," but broke my leg a few months after getting here. I fell off a curb while looking at motorcycles. I'm a diabetic, and the damned thing has never healed completely or correctly. If there's anyone out there interested in picking up an old, fat friend, just give me a response/call/whatever!:smile: