Females: Is it just me who gains during a visit from TOM?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm usually +5lbs! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, considering how many times this question is asked on this site by young women. What do they teach in health these days?

Not much! Lol x
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    I do, I get that super heavy feeling and weigh a little more. It takes me a couple of days after TOM goes away before I lose it so don't be discouraged if the weight doesn't fall off right away.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Anyone who calls it Aunt Flo had better either have young children or.... well, there's no or. Young children are pretty much the only excuse. Blood and tissue leaking out of your vag is not cute, nor does it need to be tarted up in any way to make it seem so. My portable baby factory is on it's maintenance cycle and I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.

And portable baby factory isn't cuting it up??? Really?
  • vcferlita1
    Options
    Me too
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    5-10lbs for me. I avoid weighing myself around that 28 day mark.

Incidentally, my husband refers to it as my 'undying time'.
  • Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I gain weight too. it's usually all water because I get the "salts". I just try to have maybe one or 2 salty snacks when this happens and I drink a ton of water. My partner says I look like I'm about 3 months pregnant for 3 or 4 days and then all of a sudden my curves come back :-)
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I packed on 5 pounds with my last one. i did have crucial cravings which I gave into and that hardly helped. This past one was one of my worst ever.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    And portable baby factory isn't cuting it up??? Really?

a portable baby factory is cute? The idea horrifies me.
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Only 2lbs heavier? you're lucky... I gain at least 5! Thats usually how I determine that my TOM is coming haha. Wait a couple days after it's over and you'll be back to where you should be :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I always gain during/around my period. It goes away.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Who's tom?

Your worst enemy.

I beg to differ. I'd better have my period than not to have it. Lol
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It is the only way I know when my wife is on hers. I have to butter the doorway from the hall to the ktichen so she can squeeze in to get to the cookies. Once I do that I hide in the basement until the screaming stops.

Lmao, poor guy!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    If you use the search bar and just see how many people post this question, then you will know.
  • debdelilah
    Options
    I always gain water weight during TOM, and usually lose it all at once after...It's normal...Don't do your weigh in until after - you aren't gaining fat - or even if you've been overeating, the vast majority of the gain the scale shows will be water, so gauge the gain from weighing yourself after it's been over for a day or two.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My TOM is never regular ... I spot nearly all the time through the whole month, sometimes heavy, sometimes not so I never know the " right" time to weigh my self so I've given up :grumble:
    But I was " normal" I could gain up to 7 lbs :grumble:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It is the only way I know when my wife is on hers. I have to butter the doorway from the hall to the ktichen so she can squeeze in to get to the cookies. Once I do that I hide in the basement until the screaming stops.

haha, disturbing?
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    My friend told me once that it wasn't uncommon for her to gain 7 lbs during her monthly. I usually gain around 1-5 lbs in waterweight during that time and then lose it right after. No big deal, don't get discouraged.
  • Tamara4Jesus
    Options
    Its natural that we do that. I'm almost ready to stop all together for good, but we want to eat more because its our hormones working. I hate it when happens.