My Friend Died

Options
Locked by request of the Original Poster

I am soo devastated! A dear friend of mine died a few days ago. It wasn't as if it wasn't expected as he had been suffering from pancreatic cancer for several years but I always had a bit of a crush on him. I am 78.. at my age it may seem ridiculous but it has affected me very badly. I have sunk into quite a bad depression and find myself crying at the drop of a hat. Perhaps it's just the jolting into the acknowledgement of our own mortality but whatever it is I just wish I had had the opportunity to put my arms around him.

Replies

• gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your friend's family. Be gentle on yourself while you grieve. hugs.:cry:
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry.... losing those close to us is devastating for so many reasons. I hope you can find comfort and strength through memories.
    Again, I am so sorry....
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • filangieri
    filangieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself as you grieve and, if you're feeling overwhelmed, reach out -- there are plenty of people who can help you.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss it's never any easier even knowing their in a better place. Just do your best to honor your friend and take care of yourself.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ???? I feel for you! Sense I'm almost 68 years I to have lost many friends and family! Going through grief is not easy. I hope you'll try to get through it all :flowerforyou:
    (((HUGS))))
    Nina
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hugs <3 hope you can find the comfort you need. know that he is free of pain and in a happy safe place.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.:cry:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Your friend is your Angel now, watching over you & giving you strength to live your life to the fullest. Im very sorry and I know how it feels to lose someone you love.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Try to remember the good memories and he will always be in your heart. He is looking down on you now, and dosent want u to be sad..........Prayers and Thoughts coming your way.......xxx
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is not ridiculous to feel the way you do. Age has nothing to do with grief. As you say he was a dear friend of yours, no doubt you have very many fond memories of him over the years. When I lose someone that I was very close to I often reflect on how lucky I was to have had that person in my life. And then when I think of that beautiful person when they were sick I am thankful that their struggle is over and they are in a better place. Take care, it is OK to cry and grieve...be gentle to yourself..
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a dear friend. I hope you have family and friends around to support you through this very hard time. It's nice that your friend is no longer suffering, but always so hard to let them go ((hugs))
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dear friend of mine 9 years ago and I still cry when I think of him. I was surprised by how much his death affected me and for how long. Be kind to yourself. Find a way to celebrate his life. And if you are Christian, have faith that he is now in a better place and someday you will be united again in Heaven.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Really sorry to hear; it is always difficult to lose someone no matter if they are related or not...it is how you feel about them. ((((hugs))) to you and I wish you peace and comfort.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So Sorry.. never easy to have a loved one leave us.. STAY strong and grab hold of support from friends and family
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry too. it's always hard when people we love leave our lives. he was just as lucky to have you in his life as you were to have had him in yours.

Let yourself grieve and then do something kind for someone in his honor.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, please take time and allow yourself to grieve. we all grieve in different ways but it is necessary to feel it. I am sending warm thoughts your way and hope you find a way to heal your heart. I so wish I could give you a hug to help you in this time of sorrow, it is never easy to lose a loved one. please seek help if you are feeling overwhelmed to keep yourself healthy. take care, and again my deepest sympathies.
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I am so very sorry for your loss! I will be sending positive thoughts to you from North Carolina :frown:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I pray that God will comfort you.
    God Bless.
This discussion has been closed.