Shorties? 5'-?

Options

Replies

• weightnomore33
    weightnomore33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5 ft 1.5 inches
    SW 176, Dr's goal weight 150, My goal weight 145, then we'll see. CW 163. Shall we do this together?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Wow--seeing some of these goals make me kind of sad.

And why`s that?

Because some seem unrealistically low --then looking at some of the profiles it seems like pro-Ana inspiration. That makes me sad.

I half wonder if my goal weight is "too high" because anytime the shorty threads come up, my goal is like 15 pounds heavier than anyone elses.. and I'm super small framed.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I'm currently around 103. My lowest weight was 88. Most of my adult life I was in the 90s. My highest weight ever was 112, which was caused by medication.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

And why`s that?

Because some seem unrealistically low --then looking at some of the profiles it seems like pro-Ana inspiration. That makes me sad.

I half wonder if my goal weight is "too high" because anytime the shorty threads come up, my goal is like 15 pounds heavier than anyone elses.. and I'm super small framed.

Don't let anyone else's goals make you feel bad about your own. Odds are you're being more realistic and taking YOUR BODY into account. These people who are aiming for the lowest "healthy" weight and they've been overweight their entire lives will be fighting the rest of their life to keep it off. Most will fail--these are the facts. Remember that and carry on with YOUR GOALS and ignore the others.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

And why`s that?

Hard to say without seeing you or knowing your health and weight history, but many Americans have a distorted view of what is a normal or normal-thin weight. The weight charts are often formulated from average American weights. Those aren't necessarily healthy weights.

I'm small-boned, too. I have thin arms, but the rest of me does not look super-skinny. I'm 5' 2" and in the low hundreds right now.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    Cheers to that. :)
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm kind of the same, i am between 5.2 and 5.3 and my goal weight is 120 :smile:
  • trophywife24
    Options

And why`s that?

Hard to say without seeing you or knowing your health and weight history, but many Americans have a distorted view of what is a normal or normal-thin weight. The weight charts are often formulated from average American weights. Those aren't necessarily healthy weights.

I'm small-boned, too. I have thin arms, but the rest of me does not look super-skinny. I'm 5' 2" and in the low hundreds right now.

My upper half is pretty "thin" (I kinda hate that word) but my lower half carries most of my weight. I'm a size 6 dress/jean and an S or XS top. I'm happy/comfortable/healthy and in the 120s. You'll have that.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    5'2"

SW = 184
    CW = 184
    GW = 126

126 is about 23 BMI so seems like a good place to aim for. Plus I don't want to be skinny - I want to be strong!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    5 foot - goal weight 119, feel free to add me :)
  • mslynn1007
    Options
    5'3 here
  • queentitania
    Options
    4'10.5" (yes, the half inch is important when you're pint sized haha). SW: 265, CW 154, GW 115.
  • CatLadyyy
    Options

And why`s that?

Don't let anyone else's goals make you feel bad about your own. Odds are you're being more realistic and taking YOUR BODY into account. These people who are aiming for the lowest "healthy" weight and they've been overweight their entire lives will be fighting the rest of their life to keep it off. Most will fail--these are the facts. Remember that and carry on with YOUR GOALS and ignore the others.

I dont completely agree with that... I have never been over weight.. and I dont "fight" to stay at the weight I am.. I eat 2000+ on weekends.. and 1400-1700 during the week..
    Options

And why`s that?

I dont completely agree with that... I have never been over weight.. and I dont "fight" to stay at the weight I am.. I eat 2000+ on weekends.. and 1400-1700 during the week..

Well then what I said clearly doesn't apply to you. There are always exceptions.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'1 and starting around the same. Have had my ups and downs but am trying to really get on it this time. Add me if you like! :)
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    4'11 here
    SW:133
    CW:120
    GW:110 (I would rather weight more with some muscle def. then be stick stickily. :)
    Options
    4'11 here
    SW:133
    CW:120
    GW:110 (I would rather weight more with some muscle def. then be stick stickily. :)

Awesome goal! Add me of you'd like/need support and/or advice.
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 cw 163...gw 135.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The wonderful thing about giving yourself a goal is that if you attain it, you can always give yourself NEW or different goals! We are all "vertically challenged" but we are all have different body types, shapes, ages, and histories. What works for one may not for another. At just under 5'1" I know 135 doesn't work for me but experience tells me 115 does. I remember getting down to 104 and my mother hadn't seen me for a while... when she saw me at that weight she literally started to cry because she thought I must be sick! I was gaunt... sunken eyes and cheeks... I thought I looked great, but after her reaction I asked my friends and family what they thought and they all agreed I looked much too thin. Other shorties look awesome at that weight! It's an individual thing. You know what works for you. If you are aiming for 110 and find when you get there that you want to lose a little more, go for it, as long as it's being done in a healthy way!
  • rosha267
    rosha267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow you girls look so amazing at 120! I'm 5'2 and when I hit 125 most of my family started making comments about how I'm getting really chubby. Granted I looked NOTHING like some of you. I'm finally starting to rethink my entire lifestyle. I was always told low calorie intake and plenty of cardio will make me slim and toned but I have no muscle definition in my upper body. I'm just concerned because my stats look really low compared to most of yours. I dont care about the number on the scale anymore. What are some of your work out plans to increase muscle tone? Particularly in the upper body?