Healthiest Starbucks options? NOT black coffee.

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
I'm never sure what to get from there anymore & standing in line checking the stats of each drink on MVP is a little embarrassing. So what do you like to get when you go there that is low in calories, sugar & fat? *OTHER THAN BLACK COFFEE* which is an obvious option.

Replies

• Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anything "skinny" on there menu is worth is as long as you don't do Venti. The skinny peppermint mocha grande is only 130 calories. Yummy!!!
  • addmorecloud
    addmorecloud Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I read online a nutritionist saying a skinny latte is fine as it's sugar free and a good source of protein.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    you can also ask for a misto, which is coffee and milk, and add one pump of a flavored syrup. tastes like getting the full deal latte, but is lighter and cheaper too!!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Skinny lattes sound perfect.
  • emmyelleNYC
    emmyelleNYC Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Americano Misto with sugar free syrup. Its basically the same as a flavored latte.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always order a tall cappuccino when I go in. All of their crazy lattes are tasty but just really desserts in a cup! Lattes are good too but I prefer cappuccinos since they're lighter on the milk.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Don't like starbucks, but I generally order skinny latte if I'm in the mood for something other than plain black coffee. I drink coffee because of it's flavor so I don't need/want to make it taste like something else to enjoy it. Plus the syrups are either full of sugar or made of sythetic crap this is equally as bad for you.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Soy latte or cappuccinos are pretty guilt free to me, no syrup or sugar needed.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Outside the box a bit, but I find local coffee shops taste better. I can actually drink a latte with no flavor added at those. Might be an option?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    go somewhere other than starbucks (gross), and get flavored coffee with splenda and skim or almond milk
  • loranch
    loranch Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Skinny latte and I like only one pump of flavoured syrup
  • blondeski
    Options
    In all honestly, they healthiest version is something that doesn't contain aspartame (which the sugar-free syrup in skinny lattes has). Go for non-fat milk but keep the regular syrup because your body will recognize the real sugar and not convert it straight into fat (like it does with aspartame).

As long as you're not drinking Starbucks lattes every day, you should be just fine. :)

ENJOY!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like to get their Pike's Place Roast with half and half (about 2 tablespoons worth). I will add a sugar substitute and sprinkle some cinnamon in as well for a creamy, low calorie treat.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Skinny vanilla latte. Yummy! I think there's 150 cals in a grande. You can also get it sugar free. If you want to sound cooler, you can get a non-fat cappuccino.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    keep the regular syrup because your body will recognize the real sugar and not convert it straight into fat (like it does with aspartame).

headdesk.jpg
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    A latte with skim milk. I don't add sugar. It has a naturally sweet taste.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing that drinking coffee-shop coffee really notches up the calories, but if you remember that the calories are in the milk, you'll be fine. I'm surprised that people are suggesting lattes because they have more milk than any of the other standard coffees! But you can still fit it into your calories easily enough, if you use skimmed milk. If I want something milky, I'll have a small, skinny cappucino. There's less milk in it than a latte as some of the milk is foamed. I sometimes have an Americano with a dash of milk, or a macchiato. The calories in those drinks range from about 60 - 80, down to about 10, so they are fine in moderation.

If you have a few calories to spare and like the taste, go for the skinny latte. If you don't have so many calories to spare, just go for something with less milk. I don't like sugar in coffee myself, but if you were having one of the drinks I mentioned and wanted to add a little sugar, you're only adding maybe 10 - 20 calories. (Just read that you didn't want sugar, so forget that!)

The ones to avoid are all the sweetened, creamy, fancy drinks.
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    skinny tall vanilla latte 90 cals :) xxxx

13357415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Soy latte or cappuccinos are pretty guilt free to me, no syrup or sugar needed.

I agree!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I always order a tall cappuccino when I go in. All of their crazy lattes are tasty but just really desserts in a cup! Lattes are good too but I prefer cappuccinos since they're lighter on the milk.

I frequently do the same.

Ordering a smaller size (ie - tall instead of grande) cuts your calories. I usually ask for less syrup than their standard recipe, and that cuts down on calories as well.