How often / what day do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I randomly weigh myself once a month at my parents house, I refuse to own a scale because I tend to get discouraged. I use a cloth tape measure and track my measurements twice a month
  • spikethat
    Options
    every morning first think after i wake up and use the rest room! Sometimes if I am not confident in the day before, I will not weigh.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    daily, and it usually is within a six pound window or so.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Usually two to three times a week. I note my weight and my body fat percentage estimate.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I officially log it Sunday mornings. Once a week. Sometimes I get curious midweek and check it but I don't record it here.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, every wednesday!
  • mutleycakes
    mutleycakes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I aim to weigh myself once a week, usually thursday. But sometimes i pop on before i go gym so i can put my correct weight into the cardio machines fro calories burnt
  • NikkiDea48
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Wednesday mornings as soon as I get up. I only picked this day because it was the day that I started MFP and did my first weigh-in. I couldn't do more than once a week. The numerous weight fluctuations throughout the day/week play with my head and can do damage to my progress so I find that once a week is plenty for me.
  • sarahpetway
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I can't help myself. I like to see how the food I ate the previous night impacts my weight, but I try to only officially weigh in 1-2 times a week.

I do the same! Every morning works for me =) I also see how my food choices effect me on a day to day basis and that has a huge impact on what I put in my mouth!
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I've gone down to once a month. I think how often you weigh yourself should depend on how much left you have to lose. If you're down to the last ten pounds, weighing yourself every week generally isn't going to be that exciting because your body simply does not let go of fat that easily once you're in your healthy range.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Daily but that's cause I like to know which foods cause the water weight and which don't.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular time of day or week when I weigh myself. In fact at this moment I haven't weighed myself in over a week. I weigh myself once in a while, like at the gym before and after my workout or at home if I'm in the mood.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning before the shower. I know they say it should be just once a week, but I think of it as an EKG for my heath... why would I just check to see how I'm doing once a week?

Plus its a daily morning reminder that helps me stay on track.
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    My 'official' weigh day is Saturday mornings, but some days during the week I will weigh myself as well. Merely out of curiosity.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    when i first started i weighed in all the time. i'd weigh myself before i used the toilet and again after to see the difference. i'd weigh before and after meals to see how much i weighed with food. i'd step on the scale all the frickin time! mainly out of curiosity- i was never discouraged. but the longer i've been doing this for, the less i weigh myself. it has stopped being intriguing or exciting. i still celebrate the losses, but i step on the scales randomly these days. so, maybe once a month(ish). i always weigh in after exercise and after the loo. i want to be as light as possible, so empty and dehydrated works for me!
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Daily, so I can look at what i ate and see what is going on. It's more a trend tracking thing for me. I like pulling data points so I can see if lower my cals or increasing my cals or workouts is helping or hurting my long term goals.
  • goofyblonde
    goofyblonde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do once a week (on Sunday) and I try to do it first thing in the morning, so usually within an hour of waking up. I always do it before eating or drinking anything...
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Sunday, first thing in the morning...in the buff.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I got the Libra app and started weighing everyday to track my trend. Before that I was weighing once a month and when I get to my goal of 164 pounds I will start weighing once a month again.