How do you cook your pork chops?

13»

Replies

• With cheese.

this guy lol
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Cast iron skillet, super high heat, bit of butter (olive oil won't work - you need a higher flashpoint).

Sear them both sides (about 10 minutes). This causes the maillard reaction, which is what makes meat in your fave restaurant taste so damn good.

Then transfer them to the oven and bake em covered the rest of the way.

I do the sear as well,but I use a vegetable oil, and then I pour liquid in the pan, white wine, sherry or broth, cover the pan reduced the heat and let them cook the rest of the way.

03e50a0a.jpg

That's how the chops above were cooked.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Baked in the oven with a few squirts of spray butter, salt pepper, and Steak and Shake seasoning.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Oven "fried".

Dip in egg/milk, then bread crumbs (italian seasoned are the best), then bake in the oven on a pan sprayed w/non-stick for @ 25 minutes. One of my favorites, and very easy. I love them grilled with dry BBQ rub, too.
  • Marinaded with some Panang Thai curry paste, then grilled and served with steamed pak choi and steamed brown basmati & wild rice.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    I haven't made these since starting MFP so don't know what the calorie count is - huge??
    Delicious tho :-) Don't know if you get Ginger Beer in the US? It's non-alcoholic, a soft drink. You can get low-cal versions so that might make it better.

Pork - Chops in ginger beer
    30g butter
    4 pork chops, trimmed, or use pork steaks
    1 large onion, sliced
    125g celery, sliced
    2 carrots, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup flour
    2 cups ginger beer
    1 beef stock cube in 4 tablspns boiling water
    juice 1/2 lemon, dash Worcestershire sauce, s & p
    1 425 g tin tomatoes or 250 g fresh toms peeled, seeded & chopped
    Cook chops or steaks in butter until golden brown. Put into casserole. Add vegetables to pan, fry until tender. Add flour, stir constantly 1 minute. Gradually stir in ginger beer and stock, bring to boil, stirring constantly. When thickened add seasoning & flavourings, and tomatoes. Pour over meat, cover and cook 180o C for 45 minutes.

Ohhhh
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Marinate in equal parts honey, Dijon mustard and apricot preserves/jam. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for a tenderloin, less for chops. Super yum.
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 448 Member
    We are a big fan of grilling them too, and stuffing them is even better. (Stuffed w/dried tomato, and cheese, or minced herbs and garlic, in a bit of butter,) Tyler Florence has a great recipe for Smothered pork chops--not particularily low cal I'm sure, but super tasty.
    My husband cooks the Tyler Florence recipe.....you are right, it is super tasty!
  • bump
  • GallyX0
    GallyX0 Posts: 8 Member
    I apologize if you're looking for healthy recipes...this one isn't, but I love it to death.

Nashville Hot Chops:
    ***Caution, This is HOT, like make your lips tingle, work up a sweat HOT!***

Prep:
    You need -
    Corn Meal
    Cayenne Pepper
    Brown Sugar
    Butter Milk
    Salt and Pepper
    Fat (bacon, lard, vegetable oil, etc.)

Make a dredge of corn meal, salt, black pepper, and cumin if you like it.
    Dip the chops into dredge, dip them into the butter milk, dip the chops in the dredge a second time.

Now either bake or deep fry them to your preferred done-ness.

If you baked them, save the fat drippings. If not use lard, bacon fat, or vegetable oil (obviously the richer fats are more flavor full, but harder on the waist line.) You should have about 1/3 cup fat. Add 1/6 cup cayenne and 1/6 cup brown sugar to the fat, mix thoroughly. Coat the chops in the above mix. Enjoy!

If you like hot as heck food, this recipe is awesome for chicken too, and you can add flour to the dredge if you like chunkier fried chicken.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Attached to the pig. I split him down the front, dump out the entrails and wash him down, put him spread eagle on a couple of landing mats and spread hot oak or hickory coals under him for about 8-12 hours. Then I just pull the chops out and omnomnomnom...... (Countryboy secret.....the best part of a pig for pickin is the tongue....) True Story.

lol true country boy cooking... and I have no doubt it tastes awesome.
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    In a crockpot with fat free cream of mushroom soup and some fresh mushrooms. I feel like I also add milk, or chicken broth but cant remember. Google Smothered Pork Chops in Crock Pot :) They come out so tender
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    in a crockpot with sauerkraut and apples.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    smoke em
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Recently I've made mine in the crockpot. I cooked them on low for 8 hours with a can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup. They were very tender and the cream of mushroom makes a nice gravy. They were not high in calories at all.

This is how I do mine, in fact, had them last night and they were delicious.