Calling all runners...

Looking for runners who can help me get back into it :)

Please add me!

I'm looking to run a 5k next year for autism awareness!

Replies

• zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    I'm a beginning runner but part of my goal is to do the Autism Speaks run here in St Louis next year!
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    My son has autism so I think that's GREAT!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Do you know about couch to 5k programme. I've just finished it I'm now I'm doing a programme to get me up to 10k. Can't believe I can now run 4 miles without dieing
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    C25k is a GREAT program, and they have an amazing iPhone app (free) that will tell you when you start running/walking and you can play your music from the app. Highly recommended.
  • amuseboucheUK
    amuseboucheUK Posts: 28 Member
    I'm using RunKeeper (iPhone app & on-line) ... it logs running and walking via GPS but you can also manually enter the route online as well as swimminf, skiing, hiking and a host of other activities ... you can make "friends" there too for encouragement and competition ...
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    wellcome have your trid parkrun its a 5k run every saturday starts about 9am and they have them in most areas have a look at there website and see what you think good luck
  • VarnerChic
    VarnerChic Posts: 35 Member
    You can do it! I just started running in January of this year and LOVE it. I didn't use it, but a lot of people swear by the C25K app. I love races. I'm too slow to place (although I'm getting faster), but the causes are great and it's worth doing for that reason alone.

Feel free to add me for more support and encouragement!