What is your favorite place to visit?

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
Looking for people who love to travel. I plan to do a lot of traveling in 2013 and I could use some suggestions on places to visit.

Thanks

Replies

• run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a trip for 2013 too. Bumping for later...
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    L love traveling and do so extensively!! One of my favorite places is Hawaii...especially during whale season. So consistantly warm, great scuba...So much to explore with so many islands!! Seriously thinking of retiring to Maui!! :)
  • tawnyalopez
    tawnyalopez Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Budapest was my favourite city so far. I loved Prague, as well, but nothing compares to Budapest for me. I have been to a few other countries and loved every place for different reasons, but Hungary just did something for me that is hard to explain :) Have fun planning the trip. That is one of my favorite things to do!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Maui, Hawaii is one of my favorites. Also, I know Aruba has gotten a bad rap the last several years but it is amazing! US virgin islands, Sanibel Island, FL., the Fl. Keys, the Grand Canyon is unbelievable.
    Do you have certain things you like to do when you travel? Staying in the US? Outside the US? That would help give us more ideas for you.
    Happy travels!
  • tawnyalopez
    Options
    Another suggestion is the Andra Pradesh province of India... the food is amazing and spicy. Everything is colourful and busy. I live in Qatar so if sand duning is your thing, I have to make a plug for here since the dunes are fabulous in this part of the world.
  • tawnyalopez
    Options
    I haven't been to any of these places, but I will put them in the back of my mind for future reference. For US travel, I love Chicago.
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    I am very adventurous and willing to travel anywhere. I must admit its a challenge since most of my family and friends don't like to travel.
    Anyone know any good travel clubs?

Herb
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to do much traveling, but the one place that I have gone to many time and love is Niagara Falls. It's so beautiful and there is so much other stuff to do then just see the falls (even though they are amazing).
  • Topsking2010
    Options
    When is the best time to visit Niagara Falls?
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have been all over the country, and moved to my favorite place to visit, Myrtle Beach. Besides that I loved Yellowstone, all of Northern California. Sedona AZ, Key west FL. The extreme east end of LI both north shore and south.
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    When is the best time to visit Niagara Falls?
    Spring, I had one of the sweetest moments of my life there.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Tsitsikamma in the Garden Route of South Africa
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Vegas in the US. Singapore overseas
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Anytime is good to go there, although summer does have a lot more tourists because more people take vacations then. Make sure to get a passport and cross the border into the Canadian side, lots of fun things to do there. The Maid of the Mist boat tour takes you right up to the base of the falls (that's on both US and Canada side), and Journey Behind the Falls takes you through caves that come out right behind the falls (on the canadian side).
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    Skyline Drive/ Blue Ridge MT Pkwy in mid summer is breath taking.

Sorry Herb, I could talk all day on this topic.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Love London.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Diving in the Seychelles was my favorite, followed by my trekking trip to Nepal and Bhutan a few months ago.

Those are pretty far off the beaten path though!

Prague was amazing for Europe. I lived in London for 6 years, which was amazing too. France is certainly in the top 3.

US I would have to say something with a beach! Florida, Cali, etc

How could I forget, Thailand was crazy fun and cheap too (excluding airfare).
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I did a trip in the Yucatan, Mexico which was really nice. Once you get out of the tourist trap that is Cancun that is. Merider was a great city and the beach at Tulum was breathtaking, you can also see lots of great ruins and real Mexican food is even more delicious than the restarunt fair you get.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Maybe somewhere around Europe like Denmark , I'd recommend visiting Kronborg in Helsingør if you're interested in something historical but København is good too if you want something with a touristy feel.
  • chaosathena
    chaosathena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love London! I did a tour of the theaters there and had a great time. If you're looking to go to a beach, I recommend the South of Spain. I stayed in Cadiz, which is an awesome peninsula city, and we took weekend trips to other cities. I especially loved Granada because of the very cosmopolitan feel of it. Everybody loved my purple hair, lol! The Alhambra in Granada is easily the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

In regards to the question about travel groups, you should look up your local colleges! They have study abroad trips and pretty much always have trouble making their numbers. They welcome members of the community to take advantage of the deals, and you're not required to pay tuition or do any of the studying. But, you can come on all of the activities and enjoy all of the super awesome discounts and advantages of travelling with a group!