December Cycling Challenge

Options
Wow! If I weren't the one starting this, I would think that December and cycling were contradictory words.

We are back for another month of cycling. All are welcome to join. We have some really experienced cyclers who are able to put up huge numbers and we have others who are just getting their feet wet in the cycling waters. Whatever level you are at is the perfect level to join up.Even if you don't consider yourself a cycler, if you put your foot to a pedal you are welcome to join.

Some people post their mileage, others their minutes. However you want to post is fine.

Now, get on that bike, You know that you want to.

Replies

• carolmsb
    carolmsb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Okay, I took the clothes off my stationary bike. As a newbie to this whole experience-I'm going to pledge only 20 miles for the month. I'm going for success and trust me, 20 miles is going to be a challenge.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am in... Goal is 250 miles.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Not sure of a total - I'll just do the best I can with what the weather allows me...

1/12/2012 - 49.5km - http://app.strava.com/activities/30400463
    2/12/2012 - 103.8km - http://app.strava.com/activities/30569711

total 153.3km
  • Katherine1211
    Katherine1211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay, I took the clothes off my stationary bike. As a newbie to this whole experience-I'm going to pledge only 20 miles for the month. I'm going for success and trust me, 20 miles is going to be a challenge.

I'm right there with you! :smile:
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Im in...between daughter, work, tennis and general life, Im only gonna aim for 50 miles.

exercise.png
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    I would like to do 200 kilometers, but I think that's unrealistic with my schedule this month. So, I'm gonna go with 150, and do the 200 if at all possible. :drinker:
  • Cougar7279
    Options
    I'm in! It's wet and nasty here in Portland during most Decembers. I both ride and use my spin bike. When i ride outside, I go by both mileage and time in the saddle, but on my spin bike, its purely time... We are all at different points in our journeys, with different goals. And I do a lot besides riding... But I'll shoot for 100 outside miles and a minimum of 20 hours on the spin bike... Are we to log progress here? Regardless of your levels, anyone who is serious about total body fitness, good health and proper nutrition can feel free to add me...
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Not sure of my miles this month as I have got loads of long days in work before Christmas but I will give it a shot, thanks for doing this thread again as it really gives me a good shove on the days that I just can't be bothered:happy:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    01/12/12 - No ride
    02/12/12 - No ride

Total (so far): 0km (0 Miles)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You can do it:wink: and welcome
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options

I'm right there with you! :smile:
    Hi Katherine welcome to the challenge you too can do it :wink:
  • EweCreekCottage
    Options
    I'm in! It's wet and nasty here in Portland during most Decembers. I both ride and use my spin bike. When i ride outside, I go by both mileage and time in the saddle, but on my spin bike, its purely time... We are all at different points in our journeys, with different goals. And I do a lot besides riding... But I'll shoot for 100 outside miles and a minimum of 20 hours on the spin bike... Are we to log progress here? Regardless of your levels, anyone who is serious about total body fitness, good health and proper nutrition can feel free to add me...
    Cougar I would like to add you I am looking for more cyclists. I am at 40 days of a new lifeway and nutrition wise and being here at MFP but I started riding in early OCT so I am serious but just starting and learning alot as I stumble along.

OK fellow pedal pushers I am in for 120 - Nov brought me my first 100 at 106 when my original goal was 60 - our weather outlook looks good but this month I am adding walking and water aerobics to my exercise regime so I am just going for 120.

DEC 2- 1:45min
    AVS 6.8
    12.08 Miles (farthest I have gone at one time so far)
    Weather- warm overcast breaking to partly cloudy no wind winding up to steady 10mph at end of ride

RANT- This *kitten* with massive legs in full riding gear was riding our neighborhood same time I was- and kept skimming by me his wind moving my shirt the 4th time I told him what I thought of him I was hoping he would stop and I was gonna kindly remind him of proper road etiquette and that I am not responsible for holding my line if he doesn't give a heads up he is coming but he just kept going my husband was proud of me lol.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I didn't get my 200 goal for November but am going to try again for Dec. I will shoot for 200

12/1 - 16.0 miles - on stationary bike - 54 minutes - 17.7 ave.
    12/2 - 47.6 miles - on stationary bike - 2 hrs 54 minutes - 16.4 ave. Rode the entire length of the Steelers game.

Total for Dec. - 63.6 YTD-
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This challenge has helped me ride lots of miles, way more that I would have otherwise,but I do bot think I have had a month yet that I made my goal :( This month has darkness, cold and snow so I am setting a nice, reasonable goal of 40 miles.

Happy December cycling everyone!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    12/1--16.5 miles outside
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    Count me in.
    I was about to set myself a 200km target but I just looked back at Endomondo for November and I'd managed over 550k for that. That was a bit of a surprise!
    The reality is though that its getting more cold and miserable outside (it cant get any darker, I hardly see daylight as it is) and I have a house move and Christmas to attend to over the next 3 weeks. A more realistic target may be 300km
    Good luck everyone.

I forgot to include progress so far:
    01/12 - 25km
    02/12 - 40km
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    In- shooting for around 250 miles this month.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in, not setting myself a target because it's December and there's a lot on this month. I think it's going to be mainly commuting rides but I'll try and get a couple of longer distance ones in...

02/12 9.2km

MTD = 9.2Km
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm determined to get some commuting miles in - to at least counteract a fraction of the naughty calories I will no doubt consume! First chance to ride this week will be Thu - bring it on!!
  • maxroadrash
    maxroadrash Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In