Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• mewzalard
    mewzalard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 5 to do this evening. I sweat so much more with this level. the v-lift things hurt!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Got up at 6am to do level 2 day 2! I am so with you guys on this one! I really sweat, I had sweat dripping down into my eyes, I can't remember when that happened last!
    My legs burn so much on the squats with rowing like movement, and where you stand on one leg and raise the weights- oh boy!

Natalie is such a cheat! She makes me laugh (in between gasping for breath!), but I'm really enjoying it!

This morning after the workout I walked for 50 minutes and even tried running some of it when I thought no one was around!

This exercise lark is going to my head!! lol!

Keep it up buddy!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 30, done!!!

I'll be doing the Shred for 2-3 more days though!
  • bjgallawaycoleman
    Options
    After a rigorous starting and stopping routine I am on day 8 today. I am a little OCD about working out so I have done 5 days with 3 lbs and I am working on 5 days with 5 lbs then moving to level 2 with 3 lbs. The impending doom of level 2 has me nervous but I have already seen results. I lost 8 lbs and 6 inches in the first 2 weeks of doing the 30 day shred and mfp. It really works. I would love some motivation on this end too though some days it is really hard to want to do it.
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) I made it to day four of level 1 but then I got sick, and it totally derailed me. I am looking to start again tonight! I want to level one for the next two days and every day in December, level two every day in January, and level three every day in February. What do you think? Is this feasible, or pushing too much?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 30, done!!!

I'll be doing the Shred for 2-3 more days though!

Awesome!! Congrats on completing the program!! :flowerforyou:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Mrsgigagent, I don't think it's pushing too much but it's simply not realistic. Primo - you'll get bored doing same workout every day for a month. Secundo - your muscles need rest days to regenerate and grow.

My fitnesslife- thank you :) Are you alternating between levels now?
  • lollie676
    lollie676 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting my 30DS journey this morning, I can't wait to (hopefully!) see and feel the results. Anyone else just starting out? Need a buddy? Feel free to add me :)
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    May I ask how many rest days from the 30DS are recommended per week? I'm really new and kind of a goof at balancing things like this out :)
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    May I ask how many rest days from the 30DS are recommended per week? I'm really new and kind of a goof at balancing things like this out :)

Most people do shred, shred, cardio, shred, shred, cardio, then rest on the 7th day. BTW, congratulations on you weight loss. That is fantastic!
  • mewzalard
    Options
    yay lvl 2 day 7 done - yay! after a day of walking/xmas shopping. but i'm getting sick :sick: i really hope i can keep on without a big break...
  • KDiddy27
    KDiddy27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 5 of Level 1 tonight after taking a 2-day break because my knee was bothering me. It was tough after just 2 days off!

I also looked up a 5-minute stretching routine on YouTube because I don't feel like Jillian does enough stretching at the end.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I agree with the stretching not being long enough, I spend a bit longer stretching out and turn it into a longer session. By that time my heart rate is back to normal too.

Did Level 2 day 3. Sweat pant sweat pant ........
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Did my first day today :) IT'll be interesting to see what it's like tomorrow!
    Good job and good luck to everyone that's already doing it :)
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 10th day of level 3! I didn't take a before picture, but I did do measurements. I only lost about 3 pounds, but I lost 3/4 inch off my upper arm bat wings, over an inch on my waist, an inch on my hips, and 1/2 inch on my upper thigh. Not spectacular results, but considering I had to do the modified versions of almost everything, I'll take it. I'm just amazed I really made it through it.
  • KDiddy27
    Options
    Arrrgh! After completing Level 1, Day 5 on Friday, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder (not because of 30DS - it happened in the wee dark hours of Saturday morning) and have had to skip working out for 2 days because I have pretty limited range of motion. I think I can do it again today, although I'm going to have to be extra careful. :(
  • KDiddy27
    Options
    Day 6 completed! :)
  • mewzalard
    Options
    lvl 2 day 8 done ...but modified. I've gone and got laryngitis - blurgh! I did alot of walking on Sunday. I don't feel so great right now either.
  • I will be your buddy, count me in! I just completed day 6, level 1 yesterday and allready seeing great results!
  • KDiddy27
    Options
    Level 1, Day 7 completed. Level 2 is in my sights!