How obese is this- plz reply!

Options

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You are not obese at all. You are in a healthy weight range for your height. If you are feeling overweight, flabby then perhaps you need to do some lifting to help firm things up a bit but you do not need to lose any weight.
  • sunnyheart100
    sunnyheart100 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    go to on tool bar up above click apps and find BMI and it will tell you after you put in height and weight
  • LucyBWL57
    Options
    Hi I saw your question and thought that must be really tough that you feel that way about yourself right. I can relate to how it feels to not like how you look as I don't like being overweight. (Yes I know I am responsible for not doing the right things currently to fix it.) . We could tell you you are not overweight but you have to "know" it for yourself. I would ask that you consider talking to a counselor to be sure you are not having an issue with your body image. Take care of yourself.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Joined in December, only 6 posts. I'm suspicious.... particularly at the use of the word "obese" - you're clearly not obese by any measurements.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights and exercise. You sound like you have a body composition problem
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You are not overweight at all, as others have stated.

What I would do is try to get in as many fresh veggies/fruits as you can, and add more lean protein.

While you are legally an adult at 18, your body is still going through changes, probably causing you to feel icky. I went through that too when I was your age, and I wasn't overweight either.

Stay away from fast food.

Get some physical activity in - a combination of cardio and weight training will do wonders. Even if you have no weight to lose, it will make you feel good and give you self confidence.

Good luck!
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are obese...but with thebest will in the world I think maybe you are just craving attention....perhaps you need to focus on how you can be less needy rather that worrying about your weight...learn to like yourself...you are a normal weight....
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I also want to share that if I eat bad, I still will get that "I feel fat" feeling, even though I am clearly not.

Food choices dictate a lot on how we feel about ourselves, regardless of what we look like.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    At 1:55pm today you weighed 133lbs. You gained 4lbs in less than an hour. At that rate you are in big trouble.

I was wondering just how that works as well. LOL I'm sorry if you do feel over weight but something just isn't right with these posts/.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I also want to share that if I eat bad, I still will get that "I feel fat" feeling, even though I am clearly not.

Food choices dictate a lot on how we feel about ourselves, regardless of what we look like.

And this is a dangerous mentality.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You guys aren't getting it. I do GENUINLEY feel very overweight at the moment. I am NOT trolling. I just feel extremely overweight.
    Now that you have read the responses to this thread, you are aware that this feeling is not reflective of reality. It doesn't matter whether you "feel" obese because those feelings are objectively wrong.

So you don't feel obese. You didn't even know what obese meant when you posted this thread. Rather than coming up with labels for yourself, define how you actually feel.

What exactly are the emotions you're experiencing? Fat is not an emotion; you aren't "feeling" that. You might be feeling depressed, anxious, dissatisfied, self-conscious, or a thousand other emotions. Figure out what and write it down.

Once you know how you feel, you can work on identifying the cause. The fact that you believed it was being obese points to something physical about yourself that is upsetting you. Maybe you feel depressed or angry at yourself for eating an unhealthy diet. Maybe you feel self-conscious because you lack a proper workout regimen (which can result in a less-than-ideally-desired body shape even in normal-weight individuals).

If you allow yourself to engage in hyperbolic and unrealistic feelings about yourself, you will never get anywhere. Calm down, determine what's really wrong, and get to fixing it.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Good lord, not you again.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Too much salt / fat / empty calories leads to water weight gain, leading to the "I feel fat feeling."

It doesn't matter how much you weigh to experience this.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Come on!! I am 4'10" tall and would look fine at 120 pounds. I can't imagine you at 5'8" want to weigh 120 pounds.
    Options

And this is a dangerous mentality.

Sorry...I don't believe there in this concept of "eat[ing] bad" nor do I think we should feel anything about OURSELVES because of what we put into our mouth, especially not if we have succeeded by the important measures (i.e. health, clothing size, what we look like, and how we actually feel physically). Guilt and food don't mix in my opinion.
    Options
    Too much salt / fat / empty calories leads to water weight gain, leading to the "I feel fat feeling."

It doesn't matter how much you weigh to experience this.

No, everyone doesn't experience this. Maybe too much salt...but too much fat and too many "empty calories" have no impact on water retention for me. If anything empty calories = less bulk = flatter stomach and a thin feeling. High fat = less bulk = flatter stomach and thin feeling.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options

Have food in someone's stomach can make them feel fat. Or drink a lot of water or diet coke, it's a "feeling" doesn't mean it's real. You might be slightly bloated but it will be gone again.

Have you ever experienced grease stomach? It's a real physical thing I get (and almost everyone if they would admit it) when you eat too much empty calorie laden food (ie McDonalds).
  • tryingsohard187
    Options
    you are completley normal!
    either you're looking for attention...which you are not going to find it here
    or, you honestly beleive that you're obese...in this case you should go see a doctor because you could be mentally ill.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You guys aren't getting it. I do GENUINLEY feel very overweight at the moment. I am NOT trolling. I just feel extremely overweight.
    Now that you have read the responses to this thread, you are aware that this feeling is not reflective of reality. It doesn't matter whether you "feel" obese because those feelings are objectively wrong.

So you don't feel obese. You didn't even know what obese meant when you posted this thread. Rather than coming up with labels for yourself, define how you actually feel.

What exactly are the emotions you're experiencing? Fat is not an emotion; you aren't "feeling" that. You might be feeling depressed, anxious, dissatisfied, self-conscious, or a thousand other emotions. Figure out what and write it down.

Once you know how you feel, you can work on identifying the cause. The fact that you believed it was being obese points to something physical about yourself that is upsetting you. Maybe you feel depressed or angry at yourself for eating an unhealthy diet. Maybe you feel self-conscious because you lack a proper workout regimen (which can result in a less-than-ideally-desired body shape even in normal-weight individuals).

If you allow yourself to engage in hyperbolic and unrealistic feelings about yourself, you will never get anywhere. Calm down, determine what's really wrong, and get to fixing it.

wow this was a great response and just what I needed thanks :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 137 Ibs how obese is that? plz help!

if anything, you're not big ENOUGH to be on here...
This discussion has been closed.