4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• treich65
    treich65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using mfp for 2 months now. am 5'1 and started at 190 lbs and have lost 19 so far my goal is 130 I try to get to the gym about 3 times a week (not real good at the exersise thing) became more motivated when my blood work came back not so good just had a dr appt.a couple days ago my dr was really happy with my results said she can't wait to see me in 6 months at my next appt. k over thanksgiving i didn't lose but didn't gain either feeling so much better helps keep me motivated
  • MusicMom211
    MusicMom211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It looks like there are lots of us out there in the same boat! I am 5'2" on a good day. I have been tracking with MFP for about a month and am losing slowly but surely! I'd love to have more friends to encourage each other.
  • longhorngirl131
    Options
    Hi, I am 5' 2" ish and I fluctuate between 165-170. I was 155 before and became 140 in 2010, but gained it all back and some more in 2011. I cant fit into any of my cloths and feel tired and weak all the time. Please add me if you can, I would like to have some friends. Thanks.
  • Lady_Pieface
    Lady_Pieface Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm five two, and started at two nineteen...I'm down to one ninety five, which I did not think was possible!!

I chalk my success so far up to my support system. I know that sounds totally cliche. But it's true. If I don't log in for a few days, or I'm feeling down about how the weight isn't coming off fast enough (because getting fat was so much more fun, and took a lot less time, it seems), I know I can check in and talk to people who feel the same.

I sound like a greeting card. Ick. But I am sincere :)

Feel free to friend me!
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm five two, and started at two nineteen...I'm down to one ninety five, which I did not think was possible!!

I chalk my success so far up to my support system. I know that sounds totally cliche. But it's true. If I don't log in for a few days, or I'm feeling down about how the weight isn't coming off fast enough (because getting fat was so much more fun, and took a lot less time, it seems), I know I can check in and talk to people who feel the same.

I sound like a greeting card. Ick. But I am sincere :)

Feel free to friend me!

I read this as you dropping from 219 to 95 lbs and got really panicked and worried for you!
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome. I'm 5'0" most days... Sometimes I'm a little shorter, but I don't really cop to it. I started at 152 lbs. I'm now down to 130 lbs. My goal is 115 lbs. I am on the second half, and I'm a little worried about learning to maintain once I get there. First, though, as I keep reminding myself, I have to get there.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" I started in at 201 back in April and am down 41 pounds so far. I would like to get down to around 115-120. I havent seen much change in my belly area, mostly my face, arms and breasts. Feel free to add me. Please leave comment letting me know you are a fellow shorty
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WE"RE NOT OVERWEIGHT....WE"RE UNDERTALL!!!:laugh:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with my fellow shorties!!! How's everyone doing?!
  • monkeys_mom
    monkeys_mom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doing good over here.

I've started regularly doing cardio/lifting weights for the first time. I've lost 5 lbs that I've been yo-yoing for the past 5 months, and took an inch off my waist. How I wish I had started earlier in my weight loss, but such is life.

6 ish lbs left to goal weight, then I want to work on body fat. I'm aiming for body fat of 18% (I'm right around 20 to 22 right now).

I finally feel like I'm getting the results I want. I weighed the same six months ago (roughly) but have lost 7 inches off my waist due to sits at first, bowflex half way, and now cardio for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Feeling very.... motivated/satisfied!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 my heaviest was 202 before I got on here. I want to weigh 115. The last time I was that weight I was 10 or 11. I'm 164 now.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 my heaviest was 202 before I got on here. I want to weigh 115. The last time I was that weight I was 10 or 11. I'm 164 now.

My aunte is 5'2 and 95 lbs she doesn't look good at all. add me if you like.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I always get frustrated because I am only 5'2 every pound shows, but you have to also remember every pound lost shows as well. A 10lb weight loss on us shorties is much more noticeable than someone that is over 5'5 or so!
  • imcool19
    Options
    I'm pretty short too haha 5'2"
    I lost only a few pounds but people have definitely noticed. It's a little crazy
    I think because we're kinda short, our weight loss is more apparent!

20577300.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently weigh 221. I started out at 227, the highest I've been (I hit around 225 in my freshman year of college). I've been able to get down to about 205 before, but it's never stuck. I tend to be lazy, even though I'm now trying like mad to get myself to be more active. I'm on week 2 of my restart (I stopped around June/July and just abandoned the site and my diet a while).

The one thing I really need to stop is night snacking, and snacking on a lot of junk.

My ultimate goal weight is 130 or less (my WiiFit says I should be at about 119.5lbs, but that just seems too low right now)!
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WE"RE NOT OVERWEIGHT....WE"RE UNDERTALL!!!:laugh:

Agreed!!!

I'm 5' 1 and 3/4" tall. I've been weighing in between 115-117lbs which is in normal range but instead of trying to reach a number, I'm shooting for definition. I go to the gym an obligated twice a week for back to back Zumba and strength training classes and then the 1 or 2 other gym visits are for whatever strikes my fancy that day (usually cardio and yoga). I've never had real definition and would love to try something other than the one-ab look.. lol

My heaviest was 123lbs about 4 months ago and lowest adult weight would be about 102lbs when I was severely depressed 4 years back and in a horrible relationship.
  • Keegan4895
    Keegan4895 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this topic! I am 40, about 5'1 and weigh about 212. It's so depressing! I would, like most people my height/weight, like to lose about 80 pounds to be in the 130-135 range. I was never overweight growing up. Having my babies, living overseas (military wife) with no support, and then being a military wife not ever having a good circle of friends, eating became my friend! My husband retired in 2009 so we are settled now. I need to get in shape. I know my weight is probably embarrassing to my 16 and 15 year old sons, because I'm the "fat mom". They never say it, but I know *I* think it! I was on this site several months ago but fell away. Am ready to start some changes as soon as we get back from our Christmas/out of town trip to see in-laws in a couple of weeks. This will coincide with everyone else's New Year's Resolution at the YMCA/gym (ha!) but I am hopeful I can stay with it. My short term goal is to be comfortable on the airplane when we take our yearly trip to Oregon (we live in FL) to see my mom. I hate that trip because I'm so fat and the seat is so uncomfortable, lopping over into my son's seats...so, that's my short term. Long term is to be fit, healthy, and looking good. :)
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 39 and also vertically challenged. I'm about 5' 2"ish (maybe 5' 2 1/2"). I originally weighed about 225 but when I started my most recent round of weight loss I started at 163. I have been dieting and on this site as of today for 110 days, I think. I am down to about 128 or 129 and my goal weight is 115, maybe 118. I have "during" pics on my profile if you want to friend me although I'm nearly 10 lbs. less than the most recent progress picture. I started out wearing a size 12/14 and I currently wear a 2/4/6 depending on the clothing. I also workout quite frequently.

The good news about being the height that we are is that when you lose weight it's more apparent than someone of taller stature, lol! Don't let anything discourage you because you can do this. I am a firm believe that there is no food that is as good as the feeling you get when you think you look good!! You got this. This site is such an amazing tool and the folks are so supportive.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like. Good luck!!
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    HI. I am 5 ft (or just about), and 34 years old. In Feb of 2011, I decided I needed to lose weight and get healthy. I weighed 188 lbs (that was not my max weight, but where I started at that point). At first I did weight watchers, exercised (using the elliptical machine) and tried to eat healthy (more fresh foods and less processed). I lost 20 lbs by May 2011. It took me another year to lose another 20 lbs. All together, I lost 40 lbs and went to 148. I hadn't seen that since college. I added running to my exercise in the April 2011 and gradually was able to go from running nothing to 3 miles (and running races). I also added weights to add muscle strength. Last Dec, I started MFP because I was getting frustrated with weight watchers. The key for me is to change things up with my exercise, and how I count my food. If you can, make your lunches for work - I make alot of soup - fills you up and counts as liquids too. I also make salad every night in conjunction with whatever else I eat for dinner. Don;t be too hard on yourself, you are bound to goof or plateau, and know that you just have to stick with it, it is not going to come off over night. I have gained since the summer (but that is a longer story) Good luck!
  • cbk93
    cbk93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm a shorty, too! I stand tall at 5'2" :smile: I'm 38 with 4 kiddos. I began my weightloss journey nearly 3 years ago at 170. If I don't run and cross train, I stay around 118, otherwise, I stay between 125-126.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!