Options

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone today? :yawn: :yawn:
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. The film my husband worked on was released on Saturday and has been selling quite nicely so we had a good weekend. The sun is shining bright here today- went to the gym this morning and plan on taking an afternoon walk once my little one wakes up from his nap.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Ok, I have a confession to make: I am having trouble keeping up with posting and my food diary. But I've figured out why! I have about 20 lbs that I want to lose, but I start to lose weight, and look good and then I guess I kinda give up! Help!!! Does anyone have any ideas of how I can keep motivated after I feel like I look good in the mirror, to keep that weight off and stay looking good??

Suggestions pleeeease! thankssss!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yellowhouse- That is great about your husbands movie. Glad things are looking up. It is nice that the weather is finally getting better so we can all get outside a little more.

Meags- I have struggled with this too. I am pretty happy with how I look right now so I have to admit I was slacking in a big way for a long while. I went from working out 5 times a week to 2 or 3 and changed my calories to 1 pound lose a week, in hopes of losing a 1/2 a pound. Anyways I realized I have a goal, and once I get there that is time to find a balance to maintain, but really I need to reach the goal I have set for myself. I also noticed that some of my toning was looking a little less toned, so even thoough I wasn't gaining it wasn't good.

Be happy you are happy with yourself. But make sure you commit to keeping yourself healthy. The rest will come. :smile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    LW 147.4
    CW 147

Remember that Chinese I ate on Sunday. Well I finished the leftovers Monday and Tuesday. I worked my butt off this week so I never went over in calories, but I am a total tool. My body is rebelling to the strange food by holding on to it forever I think. Sorry for the TMI but I am pretty sure if I had gone to the bathroom in the past 2 days I could be down more. :tongue:

Wishing everyone great weigh ins!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Lol Momto! I have the same issue with some foods. :blushing:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hola everyone! Quick check-in before I have to go give my first prostate exam!

LW: 143
    CW: 143

I'm pretty sure a miracle has occurred...I didn't gain anything after eating terrible for an entire week! Maybe I really have learned something about eating, and even though I ate not so good for me foods, I ate them reasonably and didn't gorge. Woohoo! It gives me hope for maintenance, because I was well over my 1400 each day.

Talk to you all later!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Wow Courtney...first Prostate exam...should I congratulate you or send you condolences?:laugh:

OK Ladies....
    Last week (I choose to pass but it was 138.2 to be honest)
    Before the showere this morning...135.6
    After the shower, make-up & hair... 134.8
    Which one do I use??? I weighed myself the same place, same scale and twice both times.....:ohwell:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    OK, I decided...I'm using 135.6:tongue:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Interview at 1:00 EST, keep your fingers crossed!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Mama, I would totally use the smaller one! lol But I'm bad like that. :wink:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Shannah - Good luck on your interview!
    Mama - Bodies are weird. I weighed in last sunday (I've taken to weighing in every day) at 280.4 and then monday at 278.4 It happens.

Today is good. I planned both lunch and dinner ahead and had a ton of calories open so I ate a good breakfast. :) And the only thing I'm "over" is Protein but that's normal. I eat a decent amount of meat. Mostly chicken though. No where near my fat intake for the day which surprised me a little.

The munchkin wasn't so good at school today so I'm frustrated. If I had come home with a note saying I had to be removed from the classroom because I was throwing chairs, my butt would have been raw. But nooo.... all I can do is restrict his television and make him color instead. Which obviously doesn't work because he hasn't gotten any better. Well he stopped spitting at his teachers....
  • busymom74
    Options
    Good job amanda! Keep it up! I've decided to take my own advise and start printing out and taping my food log to my fridge and cupboards so i can stop the snacking.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am so sorry that I have MIA lately.... This has been an incredibly busy last couple of weeks... I am sick today, so I stayed home from work... some kind of weird stomach bug... my daughter and husband both had it... Thought I was in the clear, but it hit me around 2:30 this morning...

SW 230
    LW 202.4
    TW 202.2
    GW 140'ish

I'll take a measly .2 lb loss :laugh: with the week I had.... AND I still can't exercise... my blasted sprained ankle... BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel... I can walk without limping now (mostly) and it doesn't kill me when I do the little alphabet exercise ...still is uncomfortable, but it doesn't put me to tears :happy:
    Anyway, so glad everyone seems to be having a great week!! Keep it up!! I will get around to my picture one of these days... I really don't feel like it today..... hopefully tomorrow...
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Amanda - Sounds like you have your hands full with that little munchkin! I'm sure you've tried just about everything (these included) but I'll throw a few things out there from my "teacher" days....

Sticker chart for good days
    Take away privledges (what your doing)
    ..Just realized it's been too long..I got nothing. Yes many people don't agree but sometimes I see nothing wrong with a good old fashion spanking (not beating). Obviously the child needs to respect adults more if he's spitting at them! How old is he? Has he been evaluated....maybe you already shared this and am just slow...sorry!

Best of luck...no stress like kids stress!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :flowerforyou: Thank goodness spring is finally here and it's starting to warm up! I've had a gym membership this whole time but didn't want to get out in the cold to get there. I think I will start going on my days off and do some light cardio and weights so I'm not exhausted when my belly gets huge!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Mama - He's 5 (just turned it in Jan). So he's still in PreK. But the biggest problem for him is the lack of consistent discipline. He usually is good for me (there are days he gets stubborn). But when "Ms. Amanda" leaves, it's free reign. And it's a reign of terror towards his older sisters. His parents are both busy doctors who are exausted when they come home, but they end up caving and giving him what he wants instead of dealing with discipline. Raising a child is work, and apparently their two girls (13 and 16) were little angels. Boys are a whole different ball game and they haven't quite figured out the rules yet.

We were supposed to all get together last saturday and do a rule list and consequences that everyone would follow through with... but his dad took him to the beach. Bad communication.

He's got a ticket box where he gets tickets for being good and eating his lunch with out issues, etc. He doesn't receive a ticket if he was bad at school, and I've taken nearly all of them away for his aggressive behavior at school.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Mama - He's 5 (just turned it in Jan). So he's still in PreK. But the biggest problem for him is the lack of consistent discipline. He usually is good for me (there are days he gets stubborn). But when "Ms. Amanda" leaves, it's free reign. And it's a reign of terror towards his older sisters. His parents are both busy doctors who are exausted when they come home, but they end up caving and giving him what he wants instead of dealing with discipline. Raising a child is work, and apparently their two girls (13 and 16) were little angels. Boys are a whole different ball game and they haven't quite figured out the rules yet.

We were supposed to all get together last saturday and do a rule list and consequences that everyone would follow through with... but his dad took him to the beach. Bad communication.

He's got a ticket box where he gets tickets for being good and eating his lunch with out issues, etc. He doesn't receive a ticket if he was bad at school, and I've taken nearly all of them away for his aggressive behavior at school.
    WOW, I'd say their is really nothing you can do if his parents don't follow through. Some kids do require more time & effort but I also know that parents get what I call "mommy memory" where you only remember the good stuff...like labor, few months later and it was nothing:laugh: My daughter was the harder of my two...my son was/is an angel....my daughter was a biter and basically hell on wheels (still is a little but we love her) and it took consistancy between both parents & teachers and of course patience....Best of luck! I hope his parents see that they are hurting him more than they are helpign him. My son is the same age and I would be mortified if he spit or threw a chair! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Meags- I have struggled with this too. I am pretty happy with how I look right now so I have to admit I was slacking in a big way for a long while. I went from working out 5 times a week to 2 or 3 and changed my calories to 1 pound lose a week, in hopes of losing a 1/2 a pound. Anyways I realized I have a goal, and once I get there that is time to find a balance to maintain, but really I need to reach the goal I have set for myself. I also noticed that some of my toning was looking a little less toned, so even thoough I wasn't gaining it wasn't good.

Be happy you are happy with yourself. But make sure you commit to keeping yourself healthy. The rest will come. :smile:

Thanks!! Yeah, it's definitely hard to maintain and get that last little bit off. I will keep trying!! :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options

Thanks!! Yeah, it's definitely hard to maintain and get that last little bit off. I will keep trying!! :)

I am really close to goal, so I am feeling tired too. I think the threat of gaining keeps me coming back. I am more lax with my entries, and I don't enter in every single thing I eat now. However, I like to use the site to plan my meals and make sure I am getting good nutrition. And of course to check in with these lovely ladies :) I don't care so much about weighing exactly 140 lbs anymore, I just want to look fit. Yet, I think once I do hit that elusive goal, I will be so proud of myself. I started something, stuck to it, and can now see the awesome results. If losing those last few is something that is important to you, then MFP can get you there!