Fit Bit

Options
13»

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If your main activity is walking or running it's great. If it's classes at the gym, then your best bet is an HRM.

The fitbit is a pedometer only. It is very accurate. It will count steps and elevation. It uses math to calculate your TDEE.

It has some pretty awesome tools like the glucose and BP recording. It's sleep monitor is kinda cool too. The badges are fun.

I am very happy with mine. (Ultra) My husband has one too and the competition is fun. LOL.

I wear mine on my waist band or in my pocket. Or on the collar of my tshirt.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    This is great! I asked 'Santa' for a fitbit. I believe this is what I need now because I want to be able to track my whole day. I'm a SAHM so this will be good for me. I have an HRM - but I can't wear that all day. And that chest strap is just annoying now!!
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It helps keep me motivated. I accidently washed my first fitbit and the team at fitbit replaced it for me. Amazing customer service too.
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Now I am getting confused and conflicted, is this not going to work for my group exercise classes like pump, zumba and body combat? i want something that will track all of my progress not just my time at the gym. Feeling confused at this point.
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Now I am getting confused and conflicted, is this not going to work for my group exercise classes like pump, zumba and body combat? i want something that will track all of my progress not just my time at the gym. Feeling confused at this point.

I have both a FitBit and a HRM. They each do something different.

The FitBit will count your steps, floors climbed, calories burned (doing regular activities such as walking), sleep patterns, etc.. This is what helped me figure out what my TDEE was. I sit at a desk all day and even though I walk around, I am still pretty inactive during the day. It's not really made for figuring out calories burned doing any other exercise except walking/jogging.

I wear the HRM any time that I exercise. This is what tells me exactly (well, as close to accurate as you can get) how many calories I burn. So any time that I do C25K, 30 day shred, etc. I rely on my HRM and not my FitBit. I picked up a fairly inexpensive one at Target. It doesn't calculate the calories on the device itself, but I just go to a website and enter the numbers to get calories burned.

Hope that helps!
    Chrissie
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I have both a FitBit and a HRM. They each do something different.

The FitBit will count your steps, floors climbed, calories burned (doing regular activities such as walking), sleep patterns, etc.. This is what helped me figure out what my TDEE was. I sit at a desk all day and even though I walk around, I am still pretty inactive during the day. It's not really made for figuring out calories burned doing any other exercise except walking/jogging.

I wear the HRM any time that I exercise. This is what tells me exactly (well, as close to accurate as you can get) how many calories I burn. So any time that I do C25K, 30 day shred, etc. I rely on my HRM and not my FitBit. I picked up a fairly inexpensive one at Target. It doesn't calculate the calories on the device itself, but I just go to a website and enter the numbers to get calories burned.

Hope that helps!
    Chrissie

Thanks a lot! Sounds like I need both :) Maybe I will start with the HRM and see how that works out and then get the fitbit. I want them both, but I really need the HRM to get a calorie count on all my group exercises classes. Since I am going off of a guesstimate.