How do I????

Options
For some reason, I'm going through a chocolate snack phase. Kit Kat's, Butterfingers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Rolo's...things like that. I've never been much of a chocolate eater but it's gotten a hold of me lately.

I'm not gaining weight but I'm not eating as healthy as I want to be either. Any suggestion on how to control or eliminate this craving?

Thanks!

Replies

• dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    some people suggest eating dark chocolate, since it is a healthy chocolate and can help curb the craving, but since it isn't as sweet it doesn't seem to make you want to gorge on it. I have found for myself that the more i give into those cravings the more I want to continue to eat them so i limit myself.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I eat the special K bar with choc drizzle.. 90 calories and I don't feel so bad... But I only eat 1 lol!!
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling :( I'm a bit like that at the moment, not with chocolate tho' just food in general.
    I know this seems a bit weird but have you looked up chocolate companies and what they do?
    I found some stuff about chocolate out, through a conversation I had with my drama teacher. I'd start with 'why boycott ...' and then your favourite chocolate brand e.g. Mars, Cadbury etc. Some will be fine and ethical but some of the stuff some chocolate companies do put me off a lot of their products and it's stopped me eating as much chocolate, which cannot be a bad thing :D
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I'm going through a chocolate snack phase. Kit Kat's, Butterfingers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Rolo's...things like that. I've never been much of a chocolate eater but it's gotten a hold of me lately.

I'm not gaining weight but I'm not eating as healthy as I want to be either. Any suggestion on how to control or eliminate this craving?

Thanks!

Chocolate protein shake.
  • pig2twig1992
    Options
    low calorie hot chocolate! sometimes I put sugar free marshmallow in there to make it extra special :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Don't buy any and don't eat any. The craving will go away.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Nutella and a banana! That's my go to sweet treat :)
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Maybe it's your time of the month ? I always crave chocolate more around this time, lol

all joking aside, I usually have some dark chocolate stashed away in my desk and I eat a couple squares a day. It's enough to satisfy the craving for me :)
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free hot choco. Does the trick while being filling also.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Every now and then I will eat a Clif Builder Bar - 20g of protein. They give me the 'candy bar' feel. They are higher in calories, but I usually only allow myself one after a very hard workout. (Or, if totally swamped during lunch at work - I have used it as a meal replacement a couple of times, but very rarely.)
  • crystalmshultz
    Options
    For me I take 4 frozen bananas (throw them in the freezer after they are turning brown), 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, and a tablespoon of cocoa, throw into the food processor and viola- an indulgent dessert that is semi good for you :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Get GOOD chocolate. A really good dark chocolate with raspberry is my fav. Try different flavors or just add a dash of pb on your own. Plan in a small serving post-lunch and/or post-dinner. Enjoy it. Don't feel guilty.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The only solution for me is to keep it out of the house.

For less disastrous options, I keep 40 calorie fudgsicles in the freezer and 90 calorie Fiber One brownies in the cabinet (sometimes, but then I eat them quickly).
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options

Thanks!

Wow! That's amazing. Thanks! :drinker:

I shouldn't eat it, I know, but I never buy it. It's always offered to me though. Free!!!!! and I like FREEEEEEEEE
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One thing you can try is get solid Dark Chocolate of either 70% cacoa or higher. Dark Choclate is lower in sugar and has many very healthy things in it. Also darker choclate is strong and can be bitter so I don't find myself eating nearly as much as I do with Milk Chocolate. Good Luck!
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I shall try that one...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    coffee!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Wow! That's amazing. Thanks! :drinker:

I shouldn't eat it, I know, but I never buy it. It's always offered to me though. Free!!!!! and I like FREEEEEEEEE

Well...in that case...eat it...eats it all!!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Eat it...then work it off....

or

work out and then have a treat...

or

sew your mouth shut....