how?? do you do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    One word - crock pot! If you use it, you can do a workout the minute you get home while the kids are eating dinner. Then you eat & clean up. Boom; you're done!

If that's not an option, then you will have to make up your mind to get up earlier to do it. If you want it bad enough, you'll fit it in & mornings do get easier once you're in the routine. You can always go to bed 30 minutes earlier to compensate.

Good luck!
  • RichS6150
    RichS6150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's hard. Years ago I used to work out int he morning, before work. Yes, that means I was in the pool at 6 AM. With a new job and 1.5 hour commute, that is no longer possible.

I also have three kids (8, 8, and 6); however, I am married and that helps. Nonetheless, I took several years off from exercising because there was no time. I am just getting back to exercise. I try to run one morning on the weekends. During the week, I am planning on walking for 30 minutes at lunch. Even if it feels like I am not doing much, at least it is more than what I was doing.

BTW, a co-worker of mine just lost 60 pounds doing weight-watchers AND getting off the bus early and walking an extra mile AND walking briskly for 30 minutes at lunch. Walking really can do wonders.

Good luck.