Has it gone away?

Options
2»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think the body changes much faster than the brain does. I still think about this kind of stuff on a daily basis and I have to actively tell my self I am full of **** or else it bothers me. I think it just takes time :smile:

Whenever I look in the mirror my "fat" brain constantly wants to pick out some flaw or imperfection and that is just the wrong way about it. I try and train myself by noticing things I like or things that have greatly improved and let the "fat" brains opinions roll off my shoulder

Um, I'm usually not this bold (and I'm totally NOT a cougar), but your "fat brain" is an @sshat. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with those pics of you... Seriously. Nothing.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think the body changes much faster than the brain does. I still think about this kind of stuff on a daily basis and I have to actively tell my self I am full of **** or else it bothers me. I think it just takes time :smile:

Whenever I look in the mirror my "fat" brain constantly wants to pick out some flaw or imperfection and that is just the wrong way about it. I try and train myself by noticing things I like or things that have greatly improved and let the "fat" brains opinions roll off my shoulder

Um, I'm usually not this bold (and I'm totally NOT a cougar), but your "fat brain" is an @sshat. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with those pics of you... Seriously. Nothing.

Glad someone said it! Agree.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think what I was trying to say is it really doesn't matter what you look like. My body has changed so drastically in such a short period of time that my brain is still kind of confused. Especially in like social settings I still feel like the "fat guy" sometimes. My brain spent about 80 percent of my life governing a body that was obese so now that I have changed it sometimes feels like there is a miscommunication with what I and others see and what the brain thinks. If that makes any sense? I know it sounds weird but I am trying to explain how it feels. I can understand where the OP is coming from thats all.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yep, because no matter how much by body changes my face is still the same!
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think that everybody assumes that once you hit your goal weight all of your confidence issues magically disappear. Human beings are self reflective creatures and will ALWAYS have insecurities of some sort, that is just how we are built. Being at your goal weight doesn't mean you won't worry or be insecure sometimes, it's normal :smile:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I'm with this lady! You are looking good!
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think that everybody assumes that once you hit your goal weight all of your confidence issues magically disappear. Human beings are self reflective creatures and will ALWAYS have insecurities of some sort, that is just how we are built. Being at your goal weight doesn't mean you won't worry or be insecure sometimes, it's normal :smile:
    This is an excellent point. I have friends who have never been heavy, but they have other insecurities. Being fit isn't a magic bean to Happy Land. I don't mean that to be depressing; it's just the reality of it.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think what I was trying to say is it really doesn't matter what you look like. My body has changed so drastically in such a short period of time that my brain is still kind of confused. Especially in like social settings I still feel like the "fat guy" sometimes. My brain spent about 80 percent of my life governing a body that was obese so now that I have changed it sometimes feels like there is a miscommunication with what I and others see and what the brain thinks. If that makes any sense? I know it sounds weird but I am trying to explain how it feels. I can understand where the OP is coming from thats all.

Yeah, it does make sense. If look at photos, or even my live self on video, I think...I don't really look like that.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Insecurity is a war of the mind and not of the body. That is something you have to work through mentally rather than physically. Physical change can help by changing the reality of the matter but you honestly have to look in the mirror and focus on what is present before you rather than in the rearview seeing what once was. Best wishes on conquering this foe.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I suffer from over confidence. I think I look great everyday, but my BMI is in the obese range.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I think all you ladies should friend me so we can work on this....I see nothing best awesomeness.
  • saamantha
    Options
    I suppose for me it has to do with the mindset I had when I went into this. I have always loved my body. Sure, there have been days where a top doesn't fit the way I want it, or I look in the mirror and see a lump I don't like... But those are just days; one here, one there. 37lbs of fat gone, and I am just loving my body more and more. Plus, all of the changes health wise, the way I feel, the way I walk, the way my back doesn't hurt :P I am loving it all.