Worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    The daily cavity search.

It's been officially changed to seeing a naked Santa...worst part of my job..lol
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    not being able to leave the house or free myself for even 5mins. (im a SAHM and I homeschool)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    - Having to deal with programmers and CAD engineers in India.. while I am in Canada
    - people who take my stapler.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Dealing with lying cheating dishonest co-workers. Yup, I'm actively job hunting
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Staring at my database for hours on end. I'm fine with computer work but I hate my database.
  • BoricuaGabe
    Options
    Having to sit down all day. I like moving around way too much to be sitting down for 9 hours.
  • DoingitWell
    Options
    when I have to go in for a UA and the lady taking the cup get's all mad when I don't wipe it of tighten the lid. then she gets all mad when I do put the lid on at all and spill it on her, it's obviously an accident, calm down!

Aha!!! It's not an accident...But why do they look offended when I start to dry heave?
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    During the week isn't so bad but the weekends are horrible. I have a duty phone on me 24/7 and it's the worse when it rings with people calling off work.
  • katies71123
    Options
    The chic that sits right in front of me who constantly eats at her desk...with her mouth open. She's "getting serious about losing weight" but eats ALL DAY long and chews with her mouth open. EWWWWW! Its super fun to listen to chomping all day, every day!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YESSS!!!!! Drug screens and anything dealing with urine (are you a Phleb too?) especially pouring off 24 hour urines into the smaller containers for testing. I work for LabCorp but I'm stationed in a doctors office so I don't have to deal with drug screens except for on Friday because my doctors office closes half a day so I have to go to the main PSC in the afternoon and deal with them there. However, in the doctors office I have to deal with urine (UAs and cultures) on a daily basis anyway.

To me the worst part is when a patient brings in a room temp stool sample first thing in the morning- pick up isn't till lunch time and even double bagged some smells are uncontainable. Not only the smell itself but the self concious feeling that all the patients whose blood I'm drawing are going to think that *I* am the source of the smell (my draw area is small and confined :/ ) LUCKILY I don't get too many
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Um, I don't know, really. I'm a student, so I consider my placement to be "work". I guess the worst part is trying to schedule things with residents/potential residents... Finding something that works for everyone and when a space is available to use.
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I work at a retail store's corporate office so dealing with the dummies can get on your nerves, but I love my job otherwise :smile:
  • DoingitWell
    Options
    YESSS!!!!! Drug screens and anything dealing with urine (are you a Phleb too?) especially pouring off 24 hour urines into the smaller containers for testing. I work for LabCorp but I'm stationed in a doctors office so I don't have to deal with drug screens except for on Friday because my doctors office closes half a day so I have to go to the main PSC in the afternoon and deal with them there. However, in the doctors office I have to deal with urine (UAs and cultures) on a daily basis anyway.

To me the worst part is when a patient brings in a room temp stool sample first thing in the morning- pick up isn't till lunch time and even double bagged some smells are uncontainable. Not only the smell itself but the self concious feeling that all the patients whose blood I'm drawing are going to think that *I* am the source of the smell (my draw area is small and confined :/ ) LUCKILY I don't get too many

No I'm a Probation/Parole officer. And they come in with every excuse in the book while they can't pee or while they "may" come up dirty.
  • nomadlady7
    nomadlady7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Working with people who are connected (empowered), but have no experience, yet they make the decisions. That and having most of my work cut so I have nothing to do. (When I asked for work was given a punishment assignment. I don't ask for work any more. I'll sit and play solitaire all day, even when my supervisor walks by.)
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The pathetic, stupid, bored, dumbass b!tch that sits at the front desk and contsantly walks by my desk to make sure I'm not on MFP since she got the privilege of using the internet taken away from us. :explode:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i work from home, so the worst part of my job is having to get out of my jammies and into sweats, and then walk all the way down the hall to my desk... sheesh.. :tongue:

seriously, i have one coworker who screws up my day on the regular, so cleaning up after him is the worst :explode:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The pathetic, stupid, bored, dumbass b!tch that sits at the front desk and contsantly walks by my desk to make sure I'm not on MFP since she got the privilege of using the internet taken away from us. :explode:

^^^Same thing about the same person :mad:
  • paramedicsarah
    Options
    Poorly children & bad car crashes...

Topped by poorly children IN bad car crashes...
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Not enough hours and a boss that always wants to rush home to his kids, so much that he doesn't care if things get done properly or not.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    showing up every day