salmon recipes ?? .. pics if possible pls! =]

Options
hi im think about making salmon and veggies tonight

i was think some soy sauce , honey & sugar , any lower calories ways u make it ?? im not to expierenced playing around w. salmon yet =]
thanks !! =]

Replies

• so_losin_it
    so_losin_it Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do a really easy salmon recipe that's fairly healthy and low in sugar. Just lightly spray/brush the fish with olive oil, squeeze some lemon on top, sprinkle dill & garlic salt. 350 degrees for about 30 minutes....serve with fresh lemon. My favorite side with salmon is asparagus. :)
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Dijon, garlic, salt, pepper, white wine or lemon
  • goblues2207
    goblues2207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    season - salt/pepper and then top with salsa - about 375 degrees for 30 mins.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just made salmon tonight. Lightly coat with olive oil, dill, onion powder, salt and pepper. 20 min at 400
    Zucchini/squash roasted with parmesan lightly with olive oil 20 min at 400
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I chop up a tomato and mix it with a tbsp of capers, a tbsp of lemon juice and some pepper. Then I put it on top of the salmon steak and microwave it for approx 5 mins until its cooked through. DELICIOUS
  • michelle1973nc
    michelle1973nc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Salmon recipe
    Rinse filets and pat dry with paper towels, sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder then place in the marinade for up to 4 hrs. I sometimes add more seasoning after I take out of the marinade as well.

Marinade (this is enough in a ziplock but if you use a glass dish or other you may need to increase amounts)
    1 T olive oil
    1 T soysauce (low sodium)
    1 T brown sugar
    1 T water
    Then I grill, broil or bake it (depends on the weather and how fast I need it)

I prefer it grilled or broiled because the high heat makes it a little crustier on the outside, whereas, when baked it is the same soft fish texture throughout.

Usually, on low broil about 4 inches from element a filet <1inch thick takes about 10 min.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i use a mix of dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, dill, pepper. delicious!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Get a cedar plank for grilling. They sell them at places like Home Depot and Lowes back by the grills. They are seasoned and ready to use. You let it soak in water for a while and then just place the salmon on the plank in the grill topped with some Johnny's Seasoning Salt and grill it:) It's simple and gets a nice smokey flavor.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I usually season the salmon with creole seasoning, then pan fry it in a bit of olive oil and butter, and at the end pour a little maple syrup on it and let it carmelize. (real maple suryp, not Mrs Butterworths)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    bumping....................... I just started liking haddock, salmon and tilapia. Now I want it all the time! More recipes please :)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    can you use that cedar plank in the oven also with the same results?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Salmon is a beautiful piece of fish, I don't ruin it with tonnes of sauce or dressing.

Just a little evoo and butter in the pan (hot) and fry skin side down. After a couple of minutes turn it over and reduce the heat to medium for a couple more minutes.

A small squeeze of lemon juice and that's it! Maybe mix the juice with a little more evoo and some capers for an extra little kick of flavour.

It will go nicely with a light tomato salsa, or even a mango & avocado salad. Just choose flavours that are not too overpowering :)
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon with about 1 tsp of grated ginger, 1/4t sesame oil, and a bit of garlic salt, and I bake it on a lightly oiled baking sheet at 375 for about 15-20 mins.
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like this sauce for salmon: make a paste with 1 clove garlic, minced and about 1/2 tsp kosher salt (mash garlic and salt with the side of a knife). To that add 1 tbsp Creole or Stoneground mustard, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 2 tsp. fresh dill and a drizzle of olive oil. Top salmon with this and either bake or grill. ( will top about (4) 5oz salmon filets)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sophieabq
    Options
    Google Ellie Krieger Sweet and Spicy Salmon. This is the ONLY way I'll eat my salmon, it's amazing!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    A dab of dijon or spicy mustard mixed with a little brown sugar (to taste), smear on the top of salmon, then bake.