Replies

• Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    the rabbit or a detachable shower head

Okay, this wins over shoes.

kdVhE.gif
    Hahaha.

Depends... what kind of girl is she? The gift totally depends on what she's into or like. My husband can win my love with video games and other nerdy things, haha.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Take her eye shopping. See what she gravitates towards. Don't buy anything in front of her. Buy it when you are alone, and surprise her, showing her that you remembered.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    Tickets to a concert or show.

she just got us tickets to a nice play. I've already had flowers sent to her work and that played out real nice ;) I'm thinking pj's or a person on my wall said nice gloves and scarf. I think both are nice and different ideas. Thanks all :)
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    Step one: cut a hole in a box.
    LMAO....she has has the personality to find this funny as well
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    LADIES HELP!! whats a nice gift for a new girlfriend other than flowers?

For a new girlfriend, you most certainly don't want to overplay it with the gifts.

What does she like? Do you mind sharing a snippet of a cross-section of her interests?

I recall reading some article, but just a few months ago now, which actually stated that wives would much rather their husbands gift them with gift cards and what they'd actually stated the men wanted from their wives was way more wholesome - anything to do with their hobby.

The article also stated that the girlfriends/wives also preferred money. Cuts down on the returns.
  • Blondie_05
    Options
    listen to her.......is she talking about a certain author she likes..? buy the latest book or gift card....a certain nail place or spa place...? ..get her a gift card to that place - - the gifts that show you are REALLY listening to her are the greatest gifts.

Agreed!
  • etynda6116
    Options
    listen to her.......is she talking about a certain author she likes..? buy the latest book or gift card....a certain nail place or spa place...? ..get her a gift card to that place - - the gifts that show you are REALLY listening to her are the greatest gifts.
    so true, we always want to know he is paying attention!
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Like I always say...Cant go wrong with gold!! lol
  • Choccies and roses.

Old'un but a good'un.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    theres a place called edible arrangements, and they make amazing bouquets of chocolate covered fruits in all type of different shapes....or if theres anything in particular shes interested in, all girls like some materialistic item, but sentimenal value is worth a lort more!!!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Gift certificate for a massage, manicure/pedicure, or hair salon. I LOVE getting these because I don't have money for that kind of stuff, and even if I did I would feel guilty for spending it on these things. But I definitely enjoy them.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    You can buy her a star. Its relatively inexpensive too. I bought one for someone for their bday and it was pretty cool.

:O thats awesome!
  • apanda4
    apanda4 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    maybe some perfume
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    black lace lingerie from victoria's secret. oh wait that may be for you. lol. seriously jewelry is always a great avenue. what does she like? figure it out and get something nice that shows you have taste. if you do a good job next you will be buying that black lace lingerie.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

This. As the commenter states, it shows you are really listening to her, which she's apt to like (who doesn't like feeling they're listened to). Also, it's more likely to be something she'll actually like--if a guy got me a piece of jewelry, a handbag, or a pair of shoes, without my input, more than likely, it would be something I wouldn't like (plus I'm not particularly "into" any of the above anyway). Also, I'd avoid jewelry personally, it's a little too "long-term" for me. A book she'd like, or a gift card to a spa or whatever that she likes doesn't have the same connotation IMO.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    the rabbit or a detachable shower head

Okay, this wins over shoes.

kdVhE.gif
    Hahaha.

Depends... what kind of girl is she? The gift totally depends on what she's into or like. My husband can win my love with video games and other nerdy things, haha.

Yeah. Cause some girls totally hate those things I listed above.............said by noone.......ever
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    A macaroni picture frame with a picture of you two in it...
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Don't set the bar too high. Concert tix? Spa day? Gift cards? Yea it's nice and all but then you might feel like you constantly have to one up the previous gift.

Nothing wrong with a single red rose, a card, a book.....something small you remember her talking about liking or wanting that would totally shock her you remember that part of the conversation.

^^^This. Especially the part where it's something you remembered from conversation. Far more meaningful. Also, since the relationship is new, some generic, relatively inexpensive ideas would be tickets to a show, like other posters suggested, perfume, flowers and/or candy, a service from a salon or spa (facial, massage, manicure, pedicure, etc). Save jewelry and shoes for when you're more serious and know her longer.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I just went on a date with this guy for the first time. On our first date he gave me Brighton earrings. He noticed that I love Brighton jewelry I thought that was sweet. I guess what I am saying pay attention to what she likes.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    LADIES HELP!! whats a nice gift for a new girlfriend other than flowers?

A picture book from Barnes and Nobles nicely wrapped..