Craving Chickfila

Options

Replies

• jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it, look at the calories, and start to look for exercises that will burn those cals off, then realize, oh my. got to work my butt off, not quite worth it, take a few weeks off from fast food

and then couple of weeks later, another craving, go for it, and the cycle continues.....but each time, its a longer cycle.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    The usual response to these things is to plan for it.
    Log it.
    Eat better the next day.

I agree, the more you deprive yourself of it, the more you want it. Get it out of your system, plan a light breakfast and lunch, exercise hard and enjoy a sandwich. :smile:
    ETA: Plus I looked it up and a small fry and a sandwich is 740 calories,, not to bad for dinner calories.

I was going to say that, by this time, you might find that it's too much when you actually try to eat it. Under your profile pic, it says you've been here two years, and your ticker says you've lost 0. I don't know what your story is. Maybe you just don't keep track of your progress, but if you haven't made a conscientious effort to log exercise and calorie intake for at least a couple of months, you're not givng yourself a fighting chance. It really does get easier! If you want the sandwich and fries, you could order it and split it with a friend (my husband and do that sometimes), or you can order it to go, eat half, and reheat the rest for another meal. Toaster ovens are great for that. Whatever you do, don't throw in the towel! You can do this!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Eat it, count it and move on.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you could make your own at home.

bake the chicken and use a whole wheat bun.

boom. healthy
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chick-fil-a! If I'm craving it, I'll bank some calories and treat myself.

I also make alternatives at home that are pretty good. Perhaps try out one of the many healthy faux chick-fil-a recipes on the net?
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Eat fried chicken, but not from Chickfila. :) I'm all for satisfying cravings, but not for supporting bigots.
  • LovetheNewMe
    LovetheNewMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Take 3 bites of my food I crave and toss it in the trash. It works for me, I do not believe in depriving myself of something I really want. this was not a diet for me but a life style change and I feel you should be able to eat what you want but within moderation and 80 to 90% of the time my choices are healthy but like everyone else occasionally I want some not as healthy.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't always crave Chik-Fil-A, but when I do, it's on a Sunday.

Please tell me someone already put that in meme format with the XX guy!

22139281.jpg

:)

YESS!!! :drinker:
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    I eat Chick Fil A all the time. There really are viable options there--just budget your calories accordingly.

You have to view this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. It's just not practical that you give up all the foods you enjoy--there's no chance for longevity in that.
  • dirteeed
    Options
    When I have a craving I try to think of how I will feel after I eat the fast food. Probably over stuffed, groggy, and gross. Is it worth it? Plus its just waisting money that could be saved for something else.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    you can always get it and eat it!!!! you know that is not many calories i am eating it tomorrow actually. I REALLY CRAVE chick fil a.. and the only way i get over it is to eat it. sometimes when i get it i ask myself why did i crave this it wasnt that good... but usually not with chick fil i I LOVE IT! :) just eat it. eat half in the afternoon and half in the evening.... :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Just make sure you tongue kiss a girl in front of all their employees before you order.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you could always go grilled chicken from chick fila ..that is pretty freaking good...you should probably avoid any fried foods except for like twice a year..that is what i do ...I love freaking fried chicken but I only let myself have it twice a year...funny, I really do not miss it that much ...there is always a better alternative that should satiate your craving and not blow out the cals....
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Just make sure you tongue kiss a girl in front of all their employees before you order.

Or just tongue kiss the cashier. As a a fast food employee, I encourage this behaviour at all restaurants.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!! I JUST NOTICED a advertisement for chick fil a just above the post befor i exited!!!! subliminal messages AFFECT THE HUMAN BRAIN ALOT!!!!! wow.... is this why i am craving it to?... sometimes the eye doesnt notice things but the mind does!!! wow.. maybe its because u see advertisements about it... on here!!!
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    giving in to cravings once in a while won't kill you :)

For instance...I just had garlic parmesan fries for dinner. and they were delicious. I feel much better now than if I'd just kept trying to avoid them
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    my son calls it chick-a-fe :)
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    go get one tomorrow and exercise a little bit more or prepare a healthier version of your craving, instead of fried chicken prepare it baked with whole wheat bread
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The usual response to these things is to plan for it.
    Log it.
    Eat better the next day.

This. And make a slightly more sensible choice. Kids meal, 4 piece nuggets, with the SMALL waffle fries. It won't be a great meal, but it will scratch the itch and not absolutely murder you in calories.

Then go run. Or whatever you prefer for exercise.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have been craving chickfila for over three days now. When I do there, there is only one thing that I get and thats a fried chicken sandwich and fries.

I know I don't need it. How do you get over a craving that you have had for more than three days?

It depends. Are you into clean eating and no processed foods? If yes, it's a no brainer. That stuff is garbage. If you're about losing weight but eating anything you want as long as it's in your daily calories, then go for it. Have it for lunch tomorrow and fit it in your daily intake.

What is the problem?