Girls, would you be worried?

Options
I'm a 23, almost 24 year old healthy female (generally, haha). And when it comes to my time of the month, I could usually arrange a calendar around it and know what day it is. Meaning, I'm usually on time. Last year in August I had a LEEP procedure, but made a full recovery.

However I have not had my time of the month since the beginning of September, and it was a light, short period. I've felt "PMSing" throughout the months. Moodiness. Headache. Bloating. But there has been nothing. Not even a tinge.

I started panicing that I could be pregnant. I hadn't had sex since August 25th, but it was unprotected and I'm not on birth control. So I've taken two different tests.

Always negative.

Has anybody else ran into this? I did move back in September, started working a lot of hours, and stopped working out nearly as much due to how much I work. Could it be stress related? I know I should check in with my doctor, but I honestly cannot stand going to them unless I'm on the floor gasping for my last breath.

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor.

This. Medical issues are for your doctor, not chat rooms.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Oh my god that's over 4 months. Your poor thing you :smokin:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor, dude.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    It absolutely could be stress related, but you should probably see your doctor to make sure everything is OK....
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    yeah i would go to the doctor
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Since I know what a LEEP procedure is and at least one reason why they do them, I would ABSOLUTELY see your doctor ASAP.
  • Neequie
    Options
    Coming from a woman that has had problems, GO TO THE DOCTOR! Could be nothing, but then again....and Im not just talking pregnancy! The soner you know is always good on all counts!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Definitely see your doctor.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    I think it's probably stress related, but that alone should be a cause for concern. As everyone else says, go to your doctor!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There is no reason in the world for you to not be making a doctors appointment.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Seriously go to the doctor. Could be something or nothing but it's best to check
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Period talk.

1816723_o.gif
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My monthly's always been pretty regular as well so yes, I would be really worried if it stopped and hadn't come back for months. I've had months where I've barely spotted but at least that's something and it always comes back with a vengeance the next month. Could be your diet, could be stress, could be whatever you had treated via LEEP has come back or the procedure caused some problem.

Go to the doctor...
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Since I know what a LEEP procedure is and at least one reason why they do them, I would ABSOLUTELY see your doctor ASAP.

I second this...go, go now. It could be something bad or it could be nothing at all but you need to figure it all out sooner rather than later
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Go to your gynaecologist
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Only time I skipped two periods was last year. I'm same as you, clockwork and always on time.

I had started to workout really hard, upping my activity level. I'm sexually active, so of course panicked and did several pregnancy tests, and all were negative. During this time I too had the PMS feeling, bloating, etc all the time.

I rang my Dr, who just told me to be patient and put it down to a lot of physical activity. I do believe that some female athletes skip periods completely due to the enormous amount of stress they are putting on their bodies with training etc.

But you've not had one for quite a few months, so I would advise you to go and see your Dr :/ - It's strange for periods to go from clockwork to non-existent, suddenly.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yes. Yes. I know I need to go to a doctor. But I wanted insight from others who have maybe had this happen before, so I could be a bit more prepared to talk about it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The problem is that the cause can be virtually anything. so my experience and its outcome may not really help you at all.