What do you eat for lunch?

Options

Replies

• tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Varies, but my most common lunch is a multigrain breadroll with avocado and chicken and a little bit of hot sauce. And a can of coke zero. Noms!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I generally eat the same thing day in and day out for breakfast and lunch. For lunch it's a giant green salad with diced turkey breast on it.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hmm for lunch I have Natures own wheat lite bread with turkey slices- add mustard. A can of green beans. A piece of fruit. Almost everyday that I work. I have a nonfat sugarfreee yogurt and a small piece of fruit for an afternoon snack most days as well.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Salad and/or soup. Sometimes leftovers from dinner from the night before.
  • nsaxena24
    nsaxena24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My lunches vary a lot: leftovers, PB&J, hummus with crackers or veggies, chicken/egg salad on fresh spinach, tuna with crackers, cheese and crackers/fruit, greek yogurt with fresh fruit/granola
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    All the people who eat clean are gonna murder me, but I eat a lean cuisine every day for lunch.

Don't sweat this... it's all growing and progression! I used to have them every day for lunch too, and it helped me lose the bulk of what I'm down, but as time went on I did move to clean eating. I think it's just a natural evolution... as we get healthier we move towards healthier foods. Just listen to your body and you'll be just fine!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've really been wanting to mix things up for lunch (everyone else's sounds so good!) but haven't really got there yet.

I usually eat a sandwich (on whole wheat bread, 50 cals a slice) either turkey or ham (sometimes with sargento thin cheese), peanut butter and jelly or tuna. I've been on a tuna kick lately! With the turkey/ham or tuna I usually bring a pickle. And then i'll also have fruit or a 100 cal pack.

I'll do soup sometimes, either homemade or Progresso Light Chicken Noodle. Yum. It doesn't taste all salty and it's only 140 calories.

And sometimes I do a salad.

I want to try to do more chicken/veggies, different soups or salads. I eat a lot throughout the day. I do breakfast, 10am snack, lunch, 2pm snack and dinner. And I always feel like I need more calories for dinner so I try not to go too big on lunch. But on exercise days, i'll eat a little more!
  • yeah_im_that_girl_
    Options
    i eat chicken breast at almost every lunh. i have to get my protein! i also do sme type of veggies. mostly broccoli.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Homemade soup for me... I have about 3 types made up, and frozen and I just try and take out a different one each day for a bit of variety!

Fills me up and works a treat.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Whatever takes my fancy :-) most of the time however, prawn salad or a sandwich
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    I have a sandwich and just watch what i fill it with, usually I have tuna, egg, ham or chicken with some salad. :) Or I will have some toast and spread it with marmite or a thin layer of jam or philadelphia cheese.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Love spinach salads and soups!
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Salads. Lots and lots of salads. Any combo of romaine, spinach, peppers, tomatoes, cukes, onions, olives, cabbage, avacado, spring mix, mushrooms, carrots. With low fat dressing, of course.
  • Monie_LG
    Options
    It depends on the day, but the key is to have a good portion of veggies and lean protein. I'll have brown bread with my meal maybe once or twice a week and if I do, i make sure not to have any for breakfast.
    I'll have salads twice a week, usually with tuna. Twice a week, I also have either chicken or lean steak with veggies such as broccoli or cauliflower. Once a week, I'll have a sandwich with turkey or chicken and make sure to stuff in lots of lettuce and tomato.
    If I eat out, again I stick with lean protein and veggies!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat the same thing two days in a row unless I have a lot of leftovers. At least 3 days out of the week I'm eating leftovers from dinner the night before. Other days I'll have a big salad, or a sandwich wrap, or hummus with veggies. It really all depends. I like to keep it different because otherwise I get bored and end up going out. Today I'm having a big salad with cucumbers, sprouts, and 1/2 can of tuna.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch/brunch every day. Just put different seasonings on it, but 94% of the time its unseasoned, in its natural state. I love it, and it tastes amazing to me lol. I say find something and stick with it, consistency is key. Plus if you eat the same thing everyday you wont be worried about finding something to eat, and you can precook all your meals. If you want a lifestyle change then you can make it happen, right?

So... you eat the same thing every day, sometimes unseasoned... but what is it? lol just curious
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Often I cook a little extra the night before and have leftovers (either the whole dish or I just cook some extra chicken/fish, whatever the protein component is).

Otherwise:

A 100g tin of red salmon (skinless and boneless), an apple, some carrot sticks or some lentils and cooked veggies.

An omelette made with 2 eggs and whatever filing I have in the fridge.
  • 2012Jayanna
    Options
    Water, Veggie Salad ( Fat Free Dressing ) couple slices of chicken chopped inside. Good Luck
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    It depends; I usually have some fresh salad of some type consisting of greens or spinach, tomato, cucumber, red, yellow or orange bell pepper, maybe calamata olives and maybe some almonds, peanuts or ground flax seed.

If I'm just eating salad, I may add tuna, salmon, grilled chicken or some avocado

If not; I have a veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese (or veggie cheese) on on slice of whole grain bread
    or
    Home made black bean soup, turkey chili, butternut squash soup, cream of parsnip soup (you can make light with fat free half & half) or even home made chicken pot pie or regular chili

I try to keep lunch between 350-400 calories and that usually means the soup/stew is 1-2 cups depending on their specific calories.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I know I will probably get yelled at for saying this but I work during the days and usually forget to bring something with me. I cant leave on lunch so I either eat a yogurt that we have here or pick a piece of fruit.

There's nothing wrong with that so long as you don't overeat later to compensate. What matters is your overall calorie intake.

I dont I have a regular supper.