People lying about fitness diary.

Options

Replies

• johnnlinda
    Options
    Maybe she is wearing a hrm all day and using that. I burn between 800 and 1000 for my hour workout. I workout pretty hard though. But I don't keep it on all day, just my workouts. I did wear mine all day and it was 5000 plus for 10 hrs. I bet that is what she is doing.
  • __F4t2f1t__
    Options
    Just Break Up!

That's getting old
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Post her name on every subcategory on this website so that we may all mock her. Find out where she lives and send an angry mob to her house. She is sabotaging the fitness goals of everyone on this site!
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    As far as I know..and I might be wrong..but what someone else logs does not effect your logging. I might be giving a wild accusation, so don't quote me on this.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :yawn:

*twitch*

*twitch*

2! 2 Twitches! AH HA AH HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!
    31011491_9733.jpg
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    some people log their entire daily activity has a calorie burn, since they chose "sedentary lifestyle" but they really work retail, they will log 5 hours of retail work ... it's just their way of doing this.

and if they are lying it's only themselves they hurt, not you, so don't let it bother you!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM at the mall yesterday for 5 hrs (300 mins) burned 2000 calories.
    Does her excessive entry vs anyone elses lack of entry really mean diddly squat in the scheme of your whole life?
    I think not.:noway:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You could just ask them.

Or send this to them in a PM every time they're incorrect:

3006939_o.gif
  • AmyAliEsq
    AmyAliEsq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hahaha YES! Definitely a charity walk:)
  • JamLillywhite
    Options
    Maybe she lives on an escalator

hahaha
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Post her name on every subcategory on this website so that we may all mock her. Find out where she lives and send an angry mob to her house. She is sabotaging the fitness goals of everyone on this site!

We should totally turn that into an opportunity to burn calories!

AngryMobFunRun_1024_thumb.jpg
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    What if she is a waitress? Or some other job that requires walking all day? What if she has no car and errands are done on foot? People have so many different life experiences. Don't judge others. We all get to the finish line in our own way. Or NOT.. but either way does it effect you?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

We should totally turn that into an opportunity to burn calories!

AngryMobFunRun_1024_thumb.jpg

I'm in as long as the t-shirt is awesome.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    She prolly doesn't know that MFP already calculates your regular activity.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. With that said there may be a day where they truly are involved with something that keeps them moving for 5 or 6 hours and they feel like keeping track in their log, but 23 hours?
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
    burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
    Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

Could it be that they are using a fitbit, or armband that supposedly integrates with MFP, and there is a bug in it where its sending the cals burned as the mins. so instead of 1430 mins, thats supposed to be 1430 Calories?
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I've been adding friends, and there is one girl on my thing that has to be lying about her calories burned.

This was one of her things:
    burned 4112 calories doing 1430 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace"

1430 is almost 24 hours, and that just isn't possible, I'm sorry.
    Another one was for 550 minutes which is almost 9 hours, which could be possible but it's very unlikely.

Why would you lie about your amount of calories burned it just doesn't make sense to me.

makeyoufeel.jpg

I honestly don't think I have ever laughed so hard. So cute looks like kermit lol:laugh:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Instead of posting a public thread about it, why don't you just ask her?

yups.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    So, maybe she hiked Mt. Everest
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Instead of posting a public thread about it, why don't you just ask her?

This.
This discussion has been closed.