Who has alone lost all thier weight following mfp

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Me! My friend told me she uses this website and loves it, so I checked it out and got really inspired. I fell off track a few times at the beginning, but as my friends list grew, I started relying on the support to carry me through tough days, temptations, etc. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I am 6 lbs away from maintenance and I plan on sticking around forever!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Me! Used it since day one! Just typed in on google and found it as I was fed up of how I looked! :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight on MFP, 50 out of my 60lbs lost. No idea what my old BF was at, but I've lost at least 5% bodyfat since being on here.

More than anything, the emotional support and constant fitness talk is what I crave. There's no one in my life right now who's losing weight, no one who wants to talk 24/7 about fitness.
  • sujenwujen
    sujenwujen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Me! I use MFP to track my food. I wear a chest-strap heart-rate monitor to calculate my calories burned when I exercise, and I input that into MFP. Surprisingly, the MFP estimates for cardio are fairly accurate, but I go by what the heart-rate monitor says just to be sure. I have a scale that measure body fat & bone density (it's got metal plates that you stand on barefoot, and it shoot electricity through you, like the hand-held thingys they use at the gym), and it calculate BMI (I think it's a little high on the BMI, but OK). I could definitely stand to gain some more muscle -- I tend to do cardio over weights -- but I don't think I've lost any muscle. I've mostly been losing all that extra flab! 32 pounds so far (since April). I've hit a plateau now that we've hit the big holiday food season, but I'm not discouraged. 18 pounds to go, and I think I'll get there by March or April of 2013!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This time around, it's been all MFP and it's been the best weight loss tool I have ever found!

I've always struggled with the same 10-20 lbs....up and down, up and down. I've always been active and worked out, but diet has been difficult for me. Not a fan of super clean eating. :)

I've tried Atkins, VLCD, Intermittent Fasting, Intuitive Eating, Vitamin B injections, etc. etc. etc. I would lose the weight with all of these only to gain it all back. Since finding MFP, I started with the recommended 1200 cals that they gave me. It worked great for a couple of months, but I found my weightloss stalled for weeks after that. Did some research on TDEE / BMR and have since upped my calories to 1430 and eat back my exercise on top of that. I eat what I want, when I want. The only thing I'm really conscious of is keeping my protein up to a 30% level. Other than that, I don't stress about fat, sodium, or sugar. I'm ALWAYS way over on my sugar!! I eat chocolate every night and have found that doing it this way has eliminated my urge to binge.

Since June I've lost 18 lbs, changed my body composition and am at 21% bodyfat. I'm in a size 4/6 and feel great! It really is simple. The absolute hardest part of all of this has been trying to stay patient and trust the process. :)
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I lost the pounds on another site, but I lost the body fat here. I am more toned, stronger, and feel better in general with my macros on target. I'm 40/30/30, so I don't go with the defaults here.
  • martintanz
    Options
    Pretty much. I started the day I got my new phone, and MFP was one of the first apps I put on my phone.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I started on another similar site to track calories and exercise. I switched to MFP because they had a larger food data base. Tracking calories and walking allowed me to lose 21 lbs so far.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I've lost a majority of my weight using MFP. I lost some doing weight watchers (just online program, not going to meetings) prior to joining mfp in July 2011.

SW: 303.4
    CW: 187
    GW: 160-170lbs.
    I'm 5'6'', 30 y/o female.

I work out 5-6 days a week, doing strength training, pitaiyo (blend of pilates, tai chi, yoga), running, walking, stair climber, circuit training, etc.

Running my second half marathon this Sun! MFP is a fantastic tool, but I have adjusted the calories MFP set for me. It notoriously sets everyone at 1200, and I hate that, I want to feed my body properly and lose weight, gain muscle - lose fat.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight so far with MFP and I wouldn't have lost a pound without it.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have used MFP since day one of my journey but I don't follow their recommended guidelines for calories and macros.
    Yep.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for as long as I've been serious about losing weight. I wasn't "overweight" to begin with, but I wanted to shape up. I'm a 23-year-old female, 5'4", and I started out at my highest weight-- about 140 (actually a little higher, even). I now weigh 125 and am hoping to lose 10 or 20 more pounds. I follow MFP's suggestions, but I don't care to go over on protein, and I make sure to exercise a lot so I can go over my 1200 calorie daily limit. I LOVE this website; I really think it has kept me focused in a way that no other app or site I've tried in the past has. The community is great, and more than losing weight, logging all my food and keeping up with my macros is helping me to be a "cleaner" eater. :)
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I discovered mfp on the same day I decided that I needed to take my life in hand.
    Been in here since end of my summer holiday, (photos are another spur LOL)
    Done the mfp for food logging, but more to advise choices, capture my bulk cooking ingredients so I can be sure of calories.
    Some days I think I may be obsessive.... But the scales, the clothes, the energy, all say obsess away!

Oh and my lovely supportive other half has list 21 pounds too.. little choice as I am the main chef. He he he
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I know my weight loss is not huge, but I did do it all with MFP. I got my first smart phone in July and said, "Hey! Let's get some apps! People love apps!" And the very first one that came up was MFP, so I downloaded it and started that day. I lost the first 9 lbs with mostly diet, and then the rest when I started exercising regularly. I would say I've definitely lost some fat, as pictures show a slimmer, more fit figure (I don't see it still, but in pictures, it seems to be there). I don't think I've added muscle, just toned up some from the exercise. I will continue using MFP to focus on adding more tone and definition; I hate that I still feel flabby.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I've only lost like 11-12 pounds in the year and 3 months I've been on MFP, but I lost it all on MFP. I really like the formula it uses, but I wish my body would let go of weight faster.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight using MFP, first time I have actively tried to control my weight and it's working well
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I wanted an easy way to track my food. I had decided my biggest downfall was mindless eating, snacking, drinking my calories, etc. A google search brought me here in July. Since 7/28 I have lost 31 pounds. It's all happened here. :flowerforyou:
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I started MFP shortly after I gave birth in May of this year. I believe it has been instrumental in reaching my goals so far. I had done Weight Watchers before and while it was helpful, it didn't really help me focus on macronutrients and the importance of exercise and such. The food database has been very educational and helped me make better food choices. The discussion boards have also been very informative. It does take some time to get through to the real good information on these boards sometimes, but I have found some really useful information.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    all but 6 lbs that i lost prior to mfp :)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I did.

I followed their calorie goals for about the first half, and always "ate my execise calories back", but I realized that I was losing faster than I was supposed to. I figured out what my non-exercise TDEE is from calorie data and weigh in results (about 400 cal/day higher than MFP's numbers) and set custom goals based on that.

Since then I've lost, maintained, gained, maintained, and lost at pretty much exactly the rate I expect to.

The only macro i pay attention to is protein. I ate 1g/lb LBW during my initial weight loss, and 1g/lb bodyweight since.