LADIES HELP!!

Options

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    listen to her.......is she talking about a certain author she likes..? buy the latest book or gift card....a certain nail place or spa place...? ..get her a gift card to that place - - the gifts that show you are REALLY listening to her are the greatest gifts.

This^
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Step one: cut a hole in a box.

LMAO totally made my day!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1333725709856_2976396.png
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with a gift card and a small gesture gift, like a cute bracelete or a spa gift basket! :)

This is what I'm doing for my friends: Bottle of wine, candle & bubble bath in a cute basket! I'm going to make peppermint truffles too.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you are needing to ask this question, me thinks you are not ready for a girlfriend.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The best gift for a new girl is your time and attention. Open the door for her, pull out her chair, and show her your momma raised you right.
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    jewelry, pay attention to what kind - gold vs. siver...
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    the rabbit or a detachable shower head

Lol, I was going to say oral, so... that too.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    A nice necklace or earrings or gift certificate at a spa to get a massage or mani/pedi.
  • awesome_inferno
    awesome_inferno Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    the rabbit or a detachable shower head

HAHAHA! Yeah that! :laugh:
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    A picture of the two of you in a frame - she will melt :)

From there, grab her flowers... I'd also add a cute teddy bear or something.

simple, cheap and thoughtful if you figure out her fav flowers
  • awesome_inferno
    Options
    Step one: cut a hole in a box.

LMAO totally made my day!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1333725709856_2976396.png

Unless your junk fit in a jewlery box! :devil:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    How new? For our first christmas my boyfriend got me gorgeous sapphire earrings... we'd been together almost 6 months already though.

The best gifts are ones that show you really get her personality... for example I'm a huge book nerd and once my boyfriend brought home a Kindle as a "just because" gift... it's still my FAVORITE thing he's ever given me! It was the old gen so it was on sale for super cheap but it's not the price that counts, it's the fact that he saw it and thought of me. Personal gifts are the best.
  • awesome_inferno
    Options
    I just went on a date with this guy for the first time. On our first date he gave me Brighton earrings. He noticed that I love Brighton jewelry I thought that was sweet. I guess what I am saying pay attention to what she likes.

He gave you jewelry on the first date? WTH?
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    jewelry ....bracelet, necklace or earrings You should know if she prefers gold (yellow or white) or silver before you buy though.

I agree. I'm very particular about jewelry, I hate yellow gold. But I also agree with others, the gift depends on how new the girlfriend. and the type of person she is.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    maybe I'm weird. My now fiance got me an ipod shuffle last year for christmas, and a hand mixer - we had only been together for a few months at that point, but those were things I asked for - and the ipod shuffle has been the best, I use it almost every day (at the gym!) :) this year, I think i'm getting some more kitchen stuff - a ninja, a cutting board, not sure what else..... and I also asked for a hoddie with thumb holes since I now run! :)
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Does she enjoy reading? If yes, then I suggest a kindle.
    Does she enjoy music? If yes, a CD of her favorite band
    Does she enjoy food? If yes, a nice dinner

:)
  • Msvtone
    Msvtone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jewelry is always nice. Kay Jewelers has the “Open Heart” collection.
    A weekend getaway… or a new purse, you can make it into a “gift bag" with little things she likes.. Perfume (body Spray), candles, minty lip-gloss, an a picture of you two framed :).. good Luck!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    shoes defiantly U can also get her bath salts or aromatherapy type items.......!
  • emotionalharlequin
    Options
    What is she into? Make it something she would personally like. For example, I know I would personally prefer a personalised swiss army knife from a new boyfriend rather than some flowers because the army knife would be longer lasting and have greater sentimental value.

(Btw, I'm not saying get her a swiss army knife, I just mean get her something she would like and get it personalised so it'll remind her of you.)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Gender stereotypes! My favorite!

I agree with the plenty (although not as many as I expected in four pages) of replies that suggest you find something in your girl's alley. If shoes and perfume really are her thing, than go with something along those lines. Flowers are over-used because they are generic, and for a good reason. However, if you take the time to actually listen to someone, it's much easier to find a personable gift, without resolving to follow along stereotypes of jewelry, candy, and gift cards.