Replies

• tabnmyq
    tabnmyq Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hehe I was addicted the first day I went on it :wink:
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my "cut t-shirt scarf" as I type this :laugh: My husband looks at it this morning and says...I don't know that I like that - it looks like a cut up t-shirt...I told him to stuff it!!
  • mandilwebb
    mandilwebb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's just say if pinning was a work out then I would be ripped!

THIS. Exactly this! My husband calls me Pinterest Queen on a regular basis :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    ::raising hand:: Addict here. I use it to pin recipes and beauty/fashion stuff. Every week I make one new Pinterest recipe and have found so many that the family loves. Even found some that were complete duds. LOL.

I get on nightly during my wind-down time before bed.

But like someone else said, I think its funny when I pin a healthy recipe or a workout, then turn around and pin something with a gazillion calories.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Oh Yes! :tongue: I really Dig the workouts!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my "cut t-shirt scarf" as I type this :laugh: My husband looks at it this morning and says...I don't know that I like that - it looks like a cut up t-shirt...I told him to stuff it!!

OMG!!!! Too funny!!!!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I received the invite when the site first launched but never signed up because I knew what would happen... last week I finally signed up and I was right. Death to my free time...
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    I just recently started looking at Pinterest!
    Oh my - but there is a lot to see; just might go over my monthly internet allowance! hehe!

:love:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I once stumbled across a website that posted people's pinterest projects that didn't quite turn out like the pin. It was pretty funny. I can't remember what it was though......

Here's the one I knew about: http://pinstrosity.blogspot.com/
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options

I DID THE T-SHIRT Scarf too!!!!!

T-ShirtScarf.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    potential time suck that could be used for more productive things.

Except for the fact that I've found countless healthy recipes on Pinterest, learned how to clean the house with fewer chemicals and found some nice things to decorate my home. Plus, it makes for a nice distraction when traveling. We can't all work and workout 24/7/365.

AMEN SISTER!!! :smile:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i just went to a Pinterest party on Saturday!! LOVE it!
    What does one do at a Pinterest party? Did you make crafts from the site or something?

I love it too...I've found some cool *kitten* on that site! :love:

My BFF hosted. We brought supplies (if you wanted) and an idea to make something. She had food and wine. We started at 6 and ended at 1am. We made cards, ornaments, ruffled tree skirt, clay figures. We did have Pinterest open in case we needed it.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    *Waves* I'm not a very crafty person, but I use mine for recipes, oragnizing ideas, and science stuff. There's several things I've found on there that I use around the house that have been very handy. A while back, the "Crap Basket" pin was popular. I used that one and not only do I not know how I lived without it, I wonder why I didn't come up with it myself. Some of the things on there are brilliantly simple.
    http://pinterest.com/katiemae75/
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! :D
    doesnt seem to work on firefox for me any more though :( BOO!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I like it for the fitness inspiration mainly. (Although one of the people I've subscribed to is too much into running for my liking.)
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The demographic of this thread is interesting for Pinterest (I work in Marketing).
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think I have like 2,000 pins or something.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    The demographic of this thread is interesting for Pinterest (I work in Marketing).

:D Only two blokes including myself said they are on Pinterest. Oops.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Today I used a pin from Pinterest to make leg warmers out of sweaters for my 13 year old daughter for Christmas. Hubs said "Hands off mine!" (lol) so I went to Value Village and got some $3.99 sweaters, cut off the arms, hemmed them, added an elastic piece for under each foot, and voila! Saw them at a craft show this past weekend for $15/pair. LOVIN' the $aving$!
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I think that has to do with the fact that when someone hears Pinterest, they automatically think "crafts". But, anyone on it knows that it can be so much more. I know quite a few guys who are on it, but I don't think they would reply to this thread. I'm kind of a tomboy, so personally I like a little testosterone in my pin mix.