Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what do you put in Oatmeal..

Replies

• freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Almond butter ,raisin,stevia coconut, maple syrup,not all at one bowel
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    I put fresh berries (blue, black, stray or raspberries), with a little ground sugar, a dab or vanilla extract and 1 packet of stevia. Yummy.
  • Poopsnacks. Look for them in the freezer aisle.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    eat things you actually like

try oat bran tho, its way better and more protein/less cals
  • davidbur
    davidbur Posts: 11 Member
    Trader Joe's Berry Medley Frozen Fruit, Brown Sugar and Ground Flax Seed. :smile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Poopsnacks. Look for them in the freezer aisle.

Is that like scoobysnacks?
  • Poopsnacks. Look for them in the freezer aisle.
    Is that like scoobysnacks?
    Um, no.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Almond butter ,raisin,stevia coconut, maple syrup,not all at one bowel

Every once in a while a typo is too perfect to ignore. Thanks for making me laugh,

ps coconut is a great idea.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    yeah its a texture thing for me. I want to learn to like it beacuse its good for you.. thanks all who gave an actual response to my question.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    yeah its a texture thing for me. I want to learn to like it beacuse its good for you.. thanks all who gave an actual response to my question.

You're welcome :drinker:
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Maple syrup or Sriracha.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    i buy frozen blueberries by the gallon bagful. They go in oatmeal and Greek yogurt. I also like it with raisins and almonds.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    I absolutely love oatmeal just don't like it thick -- so I make mine drinkable and it's so delicious people who hates the taste and/or texture really enjoy it when it's prepared this way;

Add cloves nutmeg and cinnamon to boiling water let boil for a 2-3 minutes to bring the flavors together
    Then add your oatmeal -- stirring continuously as it thickens
    Add Carnation Evaporated milk I add 2-4 tbsp stirring for another 2-3 minutes
    Immediately remove from the stove pour into cup let it sit for a minute
    Add Almond Breeze -( Vanilla for taste) stir well ... Enjoy a nice warm cup of oatmeal !
    Sometimes I add a bit of honey if I feel the need for it to be a bit sweeter after adding the Almond milk -Used especially in the Winter to boost immune system and also for the antioxidant properties

Try it you'll absolutely love it -- (adjust my recipe to suit you)
  • sabrakay1
    sabrakay1 Posts: 45 Member
    1. Almond Joy oatmeal: chocolate chips (just a few), almonds, and sweetened coconut flakes
    2. Peanut butter
    3. Peanut butter and chocolate chips
    4. Different combinations of fruit and nuts
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    banana and peanut butter.

I sometimes add a a pear to it
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I eat the Quaker instant (middle finger primed for haters) weight control with 2% milk.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Cinnamon, chopped apples, raisins, and chopped walnuts. You can cook several days' worth and refrigerate in individual servings or all together. I sweeten with either Stevia, honey, or pure maple syrup. As another person posted, steel cut oats are better than oatmeal, but take longer to cook. Some nutritionists claim the steel cut to be healthier, but I don't know if that's true--just that I like the taste and texture of steel cut better. :smile:
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Brown sugar. YUP SUGAR! Lol I don't care how bad it is. It's yummy
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    i was going to get the steel cut oats but i am going to be making this at work and only have access to a microwave. steel cut oats dont do well in the microwave from what i hear..
  • wmlarson
    wmlarson Posts: 2 Member
    I microwave it for 1 minute in a bowl with just enough water to cover, then shake on cinnamon and ginger, then add a whole chopped peach or apple or 1/2 C pumpkin puree, then 1/2 of a vanilla yogurt. Almost every single morning. LOVE it, and it's so filling!