what do you put in Oatmeal..

Options

Replies

• KidneyBean07
    Options
    I microwave it with light vanilla soy milk and then add a touch of brown sugar, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and cinnamon. Delicious!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I add unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon, plus nonfat milk. This is my go-to breakfast...
  • luvsbks
    Options
    I Tbsp of peanut butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Raspberries, pure maple syrup, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • sophididdlipops
    Options
    Banana and coco powder :)
  • momomig
    Options
    I could use some help as well. I truly hate sweet foods. Sugar, fruit, syrup etc just will not get me to eat oatmeal. Does anyone have recipe for savory, salty, NOT SWEET oatmeal???
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Stir a Tablespoon of brown sugar into 1 cup cut strawberries, let sit for a minute then pour over cooked oatmeal. The sugary strawberry-ness sinks down into the oatmeal, it tastes like a yummy fruit filled pastry (okay not a pastry but CLOSE!), and you get 2 cups fruit with it.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    first, I stopped eating rolled oats, and started eating steel cut.

I add pecans, blueberries, and cinnamon, sometimes a splash of 1% moo juice.

sometimes, I just eat it as is.

What's the difference in rolled and steel cut?
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, honey, walnuts, raisins, seeds, coconut oil! YUM! almond or soy milk!
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of milled flax seeds, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder & 1 banana
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it.

I always put pumpkin spice in it. It doesn't taste as good without it anymore. I often slice up a banana and add that (after cooking the oatmeal). If I'm making overnight oats, I usually add dried cranberry.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and chopped walnuts

or

Dried bananas, toasted coconut, and toasted almonds

Yummy!!!
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Milk, vanilla flavored soy or whey protein powder and a banana.

Milk, peanut butter, chocolate whey protein powder, hint of Hershey's chocolate syrup. (tastes like reeses peanut butter cup)

Milk, cinnamon, chopped walnuts, maple syrup, sweeten with stevia
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    One the few occasions I have it...

Whey protein, sliced banana and some kinda nut crushed on top. And dark chocolate.
  • wanda9501
    Options
    Apples, raisins, agave nectar.....

Just started cooking it myself (us to eat instant) and love all the ideas. Thanks for posting the question.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and bananas is something I always loved.

lingonberry jam from trader joes is my new favorite add in.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    1. sweetener and cocoa
    2. brown sugar
    yum!
  • JenPentelei
    JenPentelei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1/8-1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 granny smith apple pealed and chopped up, cinnamon, nonfat milk, stevia to slightly sweeten. Im a breakfast person so the loaded oatmeal works well for me. if that is too many calories-just use water and lean toward the 1/8 of a cup of nuts or leave them out all together
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries! They defrost from the heat of the oatmeal (granted you mix them in after you've heated up your oatmeal), and they help provide a naturally sweet taste with a little tartness. :o)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I grind flax seeds to put in. I also put in 1/4 cup of pecans, half a banana, some berries or Chukar Cherries, cinnamon and a 1/3 cup of 1% milk. I don't use 1/2 cup per serving but 1/3 cup of oats per serving since I put so much in.