Losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds.....

Options
I have been losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds since September. Once I hit 20 pounds lost, I was thrilled and starting giving myself more breaks than I should have. Now I have gotten back into those bad habits and I can not seem to shake them. 20 pounds lost is HUGE for me.... esspecially doing it the right and healthy way. I still have 14 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight. This is the week that I start back 100%, no excuses!

Anyone else ever have this problem? How did you over come it and start moving forward again?

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Before I gained all of 60lbs back thaT I lost years ago, there was about a year that I gained and lost the same 20lbs back and forth at least 3 times over. It all comes down to consistency. Like you said, no more excuses! Every time you let yourself 'fall off the wagon', it's going to bite you in the butt. Commit to that different lifestyle, not just a change in diet while you're losing. Good luck!
  • mzmcole08
    mzmcole08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am currently having the same problem... Looking for the solution to get back to the highly motivated, take no prisoners attitude I had for the first 30...
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have seen the same 5-6 pounds lost since that time as well. I gain, I lose. I just keep trying over again until I get it right. Normally I would gain 10-15 this time of year so I take it a WIN/WIN for me.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat right now. I lost a total of 60 lbs, and now I am stuck at 184-187. I tried upping my cals and that is seeming to help a little bit, I was eating about 1000 cals a day, and now i'm trying between 1200-1300 and upping my exercise and it seems to be helping. So try and up your cals by about 200 and increase your exercise and see what happens.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's just because I've gotten lazy about it.
    When I do what I am supposed to, I'll lose it.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I fell off the waggon a little when my OH gave up ... it was difficult watching her eat all the tasty snacks and not have any. Also, I reached a weight that I was previously comfortable with, so I am a bit 'oh, what the heck, it's not too bad'.

What's helping is adding even just a little exercise into it. So instead of not being able to have any treats, I now go walking and riding and earn the calories, so it's a win win for me! Yey! :-) Don't give up, you have come too far to be going back!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yes I have lost and gained the same 3 lbs for the last few months now. Started with emergency gallbladder surgery and couldn't work out for weeks, then just after getting back into it I got hit with Bronchitis and couldn't work out again for 2 weeks. Just got back to it then my mom had a stroke and I've been out of state taking care of her and no working out again. The stress of all of these have also messed up my healthy eating habits. I'm actually surprised I haven't been continually gaining. I've been depressed and discouraged over what I am dealing with and in myself for letting them affect my weight loss journey. I do not want to undo all the good I have done in the last 6 months (down 36lbs). I need a way to get motivated again while still dealing with reality and all the things that life throws at me.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm doing at 8 week challenge to get that extra weight off. Hopefully it works! Its really hard so far lol
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If you've been keeping consistently to your calorie goals, maybe your body is happy at its current size?
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have been losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds since September. Once I hit 20 pounds lost, I was thrilled and starting giving myself more breaks than I should have. Now I have gotten back into those bad habits and I can not seem to shake them. 20 pounds lost is HUGE for me.... esspecially doing it the right and healthy way. I still have 14 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight. This is the week that I start back 100%, no excuses!

Anyone else ever have this problem? How did you over come it and start moving forward again?

wow... for a moment there i thought i had started this post! i guess it is a lot more common than i thought. i finally broke through to 22 lbs lost! lol doesn't seem like much but when i was bouncing between 17-20 lbs lost for the last 2 months, it seems like a victory to me. i finally decided to drink a lot more water and try to watch my sodium intake. it make come off slower for you since it looks like you are so much closer to your goal weight. i wish you luck!! :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Think about the fact that the closer you get to your goal, the harder it is to lose weight. 20 lbs is an excellent milestone (and congrats!!) but this is really the time to dig deep. The most important thing is to get those healthy habits established to make it a lot easier. Personally, during the week my diet and exercise are very good. I'm always under my calories and I make sure to get some kind of exercise every day. During the weekends, especially now that it's around the holidays, I let myself be a little more relaxed but I'm still really conscious of what I'm eating. I always ask myself "is this going to be worth it?". If yes, go for it. If not, maybe just hold out until you can say yes. I am losing an average of 4 lbs per month doing this (usually closer to 5), and I have 6 lbs til goal which I am expecting to take at least 2-3 months.

Find your motivation in your progress so far. Look at pictures of yourself now and when you started. 20 lbs is a lot! Don't undo all that hard work! Keep moving forward and if you have a set back, get right back on track the next day. When it turns into a 2, 3, 4 day set back, that's when it really hurts you. One day will not.

Good luck!!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I'm stuck around the same weight since the beginning of July. When I think I finally am past this plateau, I'm going up again :-/ I must say though that my body changed a lot these last few months, I even had to change pants because I lost a clothing size. So it's not all messed up, even if the scale doesn't move :-)
    I was quite fed up lately and because of this post, I went to check my weigh in entries over this year, up until last Christmas. I may seem stuck for ages but I found out that I lost over 12 lbs this year already (up to 20, depending on which weigh in weight I chose). This may seem very little for a lot of people around here, but for me it's ok. It's a loss, and since I work out with a personal trainer, I lost more inches than lbs. It's less than last year though (my first year with PT), so I guess I now need to start with changes in my food intake too, not only quantity wise, but quality wise.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    me too!! Maybe it's the time of the year? I did send you a friend request so we can at least support each other. If anyone else wants to friend me, please do - the more support all of us have the better!!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    I am still having this problem. I guess at this point I have convinced myself that I won't really lose anymore weight. I can see a difference in my endurance and strength. So I am pretty happy with how I feel regardless of what the stupid scale says. Though my husband & I got each other buddy trainging sessions at our gym so that might help out. Starts in January so fingers crossed! Best of luck to you!
  • bachoat
    Options
    I have done the same. It seems I have lost my motivation and self control. I have gained about 6lbs of the 18 I had lost. I am very aggrivated with myself. I have made really really bad choices lately.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Me as well. I lost 30, gained a couple ponds back and have been going up and down from 197 to 199 for two months. There are various possible reasons for this, but I'm not just sure which one(s) are a contributing factor(s).
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! I put the scale away for the whole month of December and started weight training. I think my body is comfortable where it's at, but I want to lose *at least* another 10 pounds to get at or under 140. Hopefully adding weight training will help with that. I'm trying to get my diet back in check too - the winter is throwing me off. I just want to eat and hibernate....
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Everybody wants a thrill . Payin' anything to roll the dice, . Just one more time . Some will win, some will lose . Some were born to sing the blues . Oh, the movie never ends It goes on and on and on and on. Don't stop believin' . Hold on to the feelin' . Streetlights people !
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem right now. Hit 70 pounds down then put back on 10 (crap I hate that). Now struggling to get that 10 back off and it just keeps yo-yo-ing.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem right now. Hit 70 pounds down the put back on 10 (crap I hate that). Now struggling to get that 10 back off and it just keeps yo-yo-ing.