Pizza is NOT junk food

Options
12346»

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    with food? moderation is key. knowing when to stop is important no matter what you are putting into your body!!!! take that back... knowing when to stop AND stopping is the real key! lol!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    THis is how I roll!

XTRA thin crust with onion, green pepper mushroom and sausage!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Siciliano pizza + stone oven + tuna + garlic + sardine + a glass of red wine and james blunt's record at 21:00

People still listen to James Blunt? James Blunt still records music?

Hm. I'm dumbfounded.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    :wink: I personally feel like there is no "junk" or "bad" food. With moderation, anything can be enjoyed. Just not every day.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You're in self-denial.

i am in self denial about ooey gooey breadsticks that you dip in garlic butter....
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yeah... "healthy" foods or "eating clean" are very subjective terms. If you consider the individual ingredients in a pizza then some could be considered very healthy and others not so much. When considering a pizza as a whole, it's a good idea to think of it in terms of it's macro nutrient breakdown especially with regards to weight loss. In this case pizza would generally be considered unhealthy as it's typically high in carbs and fat, and relatively low in protein. However, if you consider a pizza as simply one part of your daily food intake and adjust the rest of your macro nutrient intake accordingly then a pizza can be part of a very healthy diet. This goes for pretty much all foods as well. This is how i think about my diet and it keeps me from having to restrict any foods from my diet.
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 slices yesterday- out of a cardboard box an into my oven then my mouth.. and check out my diary for yesterday the 4th of december.
  • anikisa
    anikisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Okay so pizza is junk food so is strawberry, yogurt, special k cereal, noodles, bread, chips, cookies etc. what do all these foods have in common? well for starters all of these products contain a form of sugar (do not believe me? look it up yourself) this sugar goes directly into your blood stream and causes your blood sugar to spike, and could potentially cause diabetes D: Also these products contain various things that are unrecognizable by your body. I am not saying never have these food just keep them to a minimun like do a 80% / 20%... 80% of your daily caloric intake is healthy whole grains ( by whole grains I do not mean bread or any form of it, but whole rice, quinua, buckwheat, barley, beans, etc.) fruits, vegetables, protein etc. 20% (or less ) of your calories could be a healthier junkfood :)A side note: Just because you are losing weight by eating junky food DOES NOT mean you are healthy. You are most likely starving yourself of all the nutrients your body needs. All in all if it is process then we should not be eating it :) PS I got a lot of my info from psychetruth channel on youtube look under Corina and nutrition (something like that )
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    : Also these products contain various things that are unrecognizable by your body.

pizza? no.... but thanks for playing
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I make my pizza crust from cauliflower, egg and parmesan cheese...........better known as the caulflower crust pizza.

My sister and I made home canned pizza sauce this summer, so we have a few jars in the cabinet for over the winter.

We top our pizza with onion, green pepper, grass fed ground beef and raw mozzarella cheese.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Yeah... "healthy" foods or "eating clean" are very subjective terms. If you consider the individual ingredients in a pizza then some could be considered very healthy and others not so much. When considering a pizza as a whole, it's a good idea to think of it in terms of it's macro nutrient breakdown especially with regards to weight loss. In this case pizza would generally be considered unhealthy as it's typically high in carbs and fat, and relatively low in protein. However, if you consider a pizza as simply one part of your daily food intake and adjust the rest of your macro nutrient intake accordingly then a pizza can be part of a very healthy diet. This goes for pretty much all foods as well. This is how i think about my diet and it keeps me from having to restrict any foods from my diet.

In a perfect world yes.

However most people don't do that.
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Now how could I be against a food in which, when done right can incorporate all of the food groups in one meal? A win win for sure! Or maybe I am just trying to justify my love for pizza-hehe. :tongue:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Agree. In fact I hate the term 'junk' food and I think it's way more damaging to the obesity epidemic in the west than if the term never existed in the first place.

Agreed! I hate it too. There is no bad food, only bad diets!
    Agreed x2. Food is food.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Now how could I be against a food in which, when done right can incorporate all of the food groups in one meal? A win win for sure! Or maybe I am just trying to justify my love for pizza-hehe. :tongue:

I feel the same way

I do IF

I get a small (12") thin crust with spicy italian sausage from a place near me that makes its own dough and sausage...wonderful place...they have never advertised, have no matching anything and close for the day when they run out, whatever time that might be

eat the whole pizza and have an almond milk vanilla cream protein shake and thats it for my feed that day
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The only bad foods you'd find around are the ones which are detrimental to you I think.