has anyone out there chosen the new guy?

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    ha i guess it was vague. nothing wrong with the old guy. But someone else came along who is equally wonderful. Chosing between the "models" and going with the newer one is what I was curious about.

So, choosing between what's known and may seem dull because it's not new vs. new and exciting? Or are there any actual feelings here?
    feelings are present.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    so let me get this straight...judging from the lack of details in your post...there's nothing WRONG with the old guy...you just want a newer model?

.....i'd do that to my microwave....ooops...i mean deathbox...

but not a guy...

ha i guess it was vague. nothing wrong with the old guy. But someone else came along who is equally wonderful. Chosing between the "models" and going with the newer one is what I was curious about.

Seriously, do both!Be honest! Guys don't mind as long as we know what's up. :smokin:
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not really. I broke up with my last long term bf because I started to develop super strong feelings for a very close friend. I knew it wasn't fair to me or him to stay in that relationship when I knew it was possible for me to feel so much more for someone else.

I didn't really think anything would come of it. Still don't. But better to try and fail imo.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I did when I was 15- I went out with a guy then realised that I fancied his best friend so I finished with him. It was a bit awkward when on a date with his best friend he then walked into the bar........Oh my golly, it makes me sound really horrible but I put it down to youth. I haven't done it since and I've been with my husband for 25 .5 years! (Incidentally, he isn't the best friend...!)
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    If I may so bold, if you have two "wonderful" men and are contemplating leaving your man for a new man simply because he is new, then, my dear, you do not deserve either of them.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    so let me get this straight...judging from the lack of details in your post...there's nothing WRONG with the old guy...you just want a newer model?

but not a guy...

Did you wear the old one out?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Why leave, why not just have both?

well this i would consider cheating.

Okaaaaay......so cheating is bad, but dumping one guy for a new "model: is ok? and how do you know
    someone else came along who is equally wonderful.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    feelings are present.

You're so vague. Is love involved? Do you love either? Both? Are you married or commited?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    If I may so bold, if you have two "wonderful" men and are contemplating leaving your man for a new man simply because he is new, then, my dear, you do not deserve either of them.

of course it is not at all just because he is new. Next time i should explain myself better.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I did....

1.jpg

That movie was terrible.

OP: I panic when I have more then one romantic prospect at a time. I'm terrible about SHINY SHINY! So I deliberately stick with the guy I'm with and ignore the 'new guy'. It's how I try to fight the part of me that just likes shiny things.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I Did. Left my ex for my who is now my husband. I just wanted someone with the potential to be a good husband, father, and provider. It was the best decision I made in my life. My ex was always in trouble, could not hold a job, and had to go into the military to do something with his life. I dated my husband for 6.5 yrs. until he graduated, he is now an engineer, and a good father and provider. I know it was a calculated decision at the beginning, but I love him, and it's all good. :smile:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    Options
    lol this is confusing even me I have replied to so many...theres nothing wrong with my current. Hes great. we share an apartment. I just feel a little weird because I met someone and hes great too. I like to spend time with him and its starting to make me feel guilty. I simply wanted to know if anyone else has ever been in a situation where they met someone new and decided to take a chance. Thats all.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

but not a guy...

Nope.
    Most adults don't play games..
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I left my first boyfriend for my second boyfriend and my second boyfriend for my third boyfriend and still waiting for someone to leave my third boyfriend for.

Kidding, I have been with the 3rd one for almost 8 years and we are lifers.

Lifers, huh. Damn, cause you look JUST LIKE my 3rd wife.....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    lol this is confusing even me I have replied to so many...theres nothing wrong with my current. Hes great. we share an apartment. I just feel a little weird because I met someone and hes great too. I like to spend time with him and its starting to make me feel guilty. I simply wanted to know if anyone else has ever been in a situation where they met someone new and decided to take a chance. Thats all.

I feel bad for the current guy.
    Seems as though he may get blindsided by this..
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Story of my life...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Gotcha. I've known several people who have done this. For some, it turned out fine. For a couple of others, they lost their first guy for good over it and it turned out that new guy wasn't so great. Is the new guy worth losing the current guy over?
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i basically always did it, but it doesn't give your heart a chance to heal. i wouldn't recommend it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Leave the first guy so he can get on with his life while you pander after the next nice guy to wander along.