• Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I smoke lot's of weed, does that count?

My new best friend :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hope the end of the world comes via weather so the Earth can take it all back and we go into survival of the fittest. I also recycle like a mofo and my car is a pair of New Balance and I eat flowers in my salads and pastas.

Are you referring to me?

Or do I need to dress like it to qualify as well?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh wait - nmind, cant help with the sugar part - good luck!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Where are you MFP hippies, earth-mammas, homesteaders & earth-lovers!?

Calling all CSA members, aspartame-haters, garden-growers, raw milk defenders, farmer's market supporters, chicken coop-ers, composters, environmentalists, vegans, vegetarians, primals, paleos...

I need the support and ideas of some like-minded folks. Artificial sweeteners are not going to help me with my sugar addiction. Lean Cuisine is out of the question. Looking for some natural food and weight loss inspiration & new MFP friends to help me beat my sugar addiction & lose the weight.

Peace, love & understanding ;) Ha, ha!
    My mother IS a hippie (As in, lived on Haight Ashbury in 67, was too cool for Woodstock, dropped acid with Jimi Hendrix...ya know, the real definition of a hippie) and she doesnt do/isn't any of the above.

I'm pretty sure your definition of "hippies" is a tad off.
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hope the end of the world comes via weather so the Earth can take it all back and we go into survival of the fittest. I also recycle like a mofo and my car is a pair of New Balance and I eat flowers in my salads and pastas.

Are you referring to me?

Or do I need to dress like it to qualify as well?

Except I have a car that takes me to and from work (and only to and from work, otherwise it sits still) because my Vibrams don't run quite that far.........YET!!!!!!!!!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can I friend you? I started cleaning up my diet 2 months ago. Except for the lapse today of eating 2 pieces of pizza, i have been eating 80% all natural. My freezer is still full of the lean cuisines I previously bought at costco. I have been making soups, lots of legumes, fish, chicken and I was eating tons of fruits and vegetables until the winter when they all started tasting so bland. I live in NYC and we have the best farmers market at Union Square and my community garden has chickens so I get fresh eggs in the Bronx! Thanks for your post! I love like minded people.
  • Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh, TROLLS. What took you so long?

If anyone else legitimately want to be friends, please send me a friend request (and a note!). I'm going to ignore the board now that the trolls have come around.
  • Off_The_Record
    Options
    Where are you MFP hippies, earth-mammas, homesteaders & earth-lovers!?
    My mother IS a hippie (As in, lived on Haight Ashbury in 67, was too cool for Woodstock, dropped acid with Jimi Hendrix...ya know, the real definition of a hippie) and she doesnt do/isn't any of the above.

I'm pretty sure your definition of "hippies" is a tad off.

The definition of hippie as evolved since the sixties, like everything else. You don't need to drop acid with Jimi Hendrix to be considered a hippie. Just need to be open and understanding to those around you and oppose violence. I'm suprised you didn't mention that your mom protested against the Vietnam War because those were the ORIGINAL hippies. A hippie isn't "too cool" for anything especially not woodstock. But if she were "too cool" for woodstock then wouldn't she be "too cool" for Jimi Hendrix? hmmm troll.

Anyways, had to get that off my chest. I'd also like to be friends with like minded people. I will add you all and if you come by this tread feel free to add me :) xox