I BURN 1200CAL IN 77MIN ON TREADMILL! ADD ME!

Options

Replies

• ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH WILL BE SURE TO USE THE INCLINE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. WHY DIDNT ANYONE EVER TELL ME I WASTED ALL THIS TIME!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSTZrX9Ye6lgFXKyYdNg7HaRMF8TkwvTYhpQufS0sQVYhpEKrT

Noooo you didnt waste any time! You are doing great because at least you are doing it. You cant just jump into the 15.0 incline at 3.0 for an hour unless you build yourself up. start at 9.0 inc at 2.5-2.9 for 45 min and 13.0in at 2.7mph for 15 min and increase 1.0 inc everyday until ur at the max. :) add me
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I'll would almost buy that. Totally believable. I burn about 1100 an hour running if I keep my heart rate around 160 and I weigh 210. The only issue I have is the 15.0 mph speed. There's no way you can run at that speed for more than 15 - 30 seconds. I run about 6.7 - 7 mph for an hour and it's a lot of work. Of course I'm running outside on the road.

Make sure you're not holding on to the handrails or your cheating yourself.
    QUIT THE HATING ABOUT THE HANGING ON GO EAT A FRENCH FRY

Not sure what the French fry had to do with anything? Your mental sharpness went dull on that one. I appreciate sarcasm more than the average person but that was pretty dull-witted. I can't tell if you're talking to me or the OP. Be snarky and sarcastic all you want but don't be cruel to people.
    IM SORRY I GOT A LITTLE UPSET WHEN U SAID NO HANGING ON WHATS THE BIG DEAL IF U HANG ON I TOOK THE EAT A FRENCH FRY LINE FROM THE GAL THAT STARTED THE THREAD SHE TOLD SUMONE TO EAT A FRENCH FRY SMH
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    tumblr_m3641xU6Ks1r0davho1_500.gif

lol this is cute
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH WILL BE SURE TO USE THE INCLINE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. WHY DIDNT ANYONE EVER TELL ME I WASTED ALL THIS TIME!

OAG is not an appropriate meme for that comment.

Goddammit why doesn't anyone on this site understand memes?!?!?!
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    I'll would almost buy that. Totally believable. I burn about 1100 an hour running if I keep my heart rate around 160 and I weigh 210. The only issue I have is the 15.0 mph speed. There's no way you can run at that speed for more than 15 - 30 seconds. I run about 6.7 - 7 mph for an hour and it's a lot of work. Of course I'm running outside on the road.

QUIT THE HATING ABOUT THE HANGING ON GO EAT A FRENCH FRY

Not sure what the French fry had to do with anything? Your mental sharpness went dull on that one. I appreciate sarcasm more than the average person but that was pretty dull-witted. I can't tell if you're talking to me or the OP. Be snarky and sarcastic all you want but don't be cruel to people.
    IM SORRY I GOT A LITTLE UPSET WHEN U SAID NO HANGING ON WHATS THE BIG DEAL IF U HANG ON I TOOK THE EAT A FRENCH FRY LINE FROM THE GAL THAT STARTED THE THREAD SHE TOLD SUMONE TO EAT A FRENCH FRY SMH

lol smh why would you want to be sarcastic & snarky with people who are trying to better their lives to be healthy? i said the comment to allll haters. this world is cruel & instead of uplifting eachother, we ridicule, judge, and throw sarcasm. So yes, to all the sneak-talking, dissing, ignorant haters, EAT A FRENCH FRY! <<<I SAID IT!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't do ginormous burns like that anymore, my pizza budget doesn't allow it.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I dont understand, what is 90 degrees on a treadmill? lol

It's a hyperbole. A 90 degree angle would mean that the treadmill is perpendicular to the floor or in other words standing straight up like a pole in the ground.

wow. Solid 1st post!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_tlMVpGATCS3WdwAKuVvylPZq362QsHI67UWjmEjp3SHWSFyR

Oh ok -_- well im not a sarcastic type of person. I keep it real at all times & I dont beat around the bush. Whatever I have to say, I say it. smh, wow haters go eat a french fry or something

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)

— n
    1. mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
    2. the use or tone of such language

Just thought I'd help you out...

Oh, and I already had my serving of fries today, any more and I'll have to get back on my treadmill.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    lol no not running at 15.0mph, i cant even do 5.0 for 2 minutes. im talking about the incline at 15.0 and speed about 3.0-3.5

You might not be getting the total calorie burn that the machine says if you're leaning onto the handrails a lot but I have no doubt that this would burn a ton of calories.

This is a typical morning run for me. This was 55 minutes running and a cool down walk afterwards. 1000 calories an hour is totally believable if you're over 200 pounds.

IMG_20121129_135542.jpg
  • ALEXISGETSRIGHT
    Options
    Had fun chatting with you all. Nice to meet you, (haters included). Add me if you need help on getting started, keeping self motivation, and cool workout tips. Gotta cook dinner for my family. Ttyl :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the tip, just a heads up though, you don't need to share the same post multiple times :) I realize that you think it could apply in multiple categories, but general forum courtesy says not to post the same thing more than once - it clogs up the boards. Just pick the category you think is most relevant and post there. Good luck with everything!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

OAG is not an appropriate meme for that comment.

Goddammit why doesn't anyone on this site understand memes?!?!?!

Srsly? meme police?

HA HA HA HA HA HA
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If you add my page, you will see. I am 23, 218 lbs, and I keep my heart rate between 150-175 by doing 15.0inc at 3.2 on an average day, when i feel my heart rate rising & i need to cool down, I stay at 15.0 and decrease my mph to 2.5 on average and only stay here no more then 1 min.

lol no not running at 15.0mph, i cant even do 5.0 for 2 minutes. im talking about the incline at 15.0 and speed about 3.0-3.5

21341_472403066138446_265492782_n.jpg

You do realize that those machines are not 100% accurate (as far as telling you how many calories you burned, my elliptical says outrageous #s too)...The arc trainer says 900 calories an hour (I'm not sure about incline, I know I adjust it to about 15) I understand you are getting good results and congrats on that but I would suggest a HRM for more accurate readings. I look forward to trying this at the gym tomorrow :)
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Had fun chatting with you all. Nice to meet you, (haters included). Add me if you need help on getting started, keeping self motivation, and cool workout tips. Gotta cook dinner for my family. Ttyl :)

You guys gotta give her some respect lol. The trolling and scolding did not phase her ONE bit and she still wants to be all our friends....

That may have attributed to the fact that she didn't catch on to all the sarcasm though... maybe if she got what was going on she would be hating you back hahaha
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Where were you all this afternoon when I was at work bored out of my mind? Hope she gets her dinner cooked and comes back soon!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    ... So yes, to all the sneak-talking, dissing, ignorant haters, EAT A FRENCH FRY! <<<I SAID IT!

can we eat more than one? seems kind of silly to eat just one?

also ... holding the hand rails? probably cuts half of that burn and the benefits. and increases your risk of back and neck injury.

another also ... keep going at a serious incline like that and you run the risk of injury to your lower legs and, again, back. you are far better off reducing the incline and upping the speed.
  • bahmanygood
    bahmanygood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This entire thread has amused me in so many ways
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This thread is a perfect lesson in denial. 1200 calories in 70min, lol. Sure sure. Maybe half that.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    IF YOUR WORKING OUT ON THE TREADMILL & ONLY BURNING 400-500 CAL IN AN HOUR OR MORE, I KNOW A CLEVER WAY TO BURN MORE CAL, IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME!

I personally love the treadmill and I found a way to burn more calories in the same amount of time. It is all in your INCLINE. Trust me, the point I am at now, in 77 min I burn 1200 calories. I increase my incline to 15.0 and my mph varies between 2.1-3.5 (lowest mph is for a brief cool down). If your interested in starting the increased incline spread the word so everyone can burn double or even triple that amount. :)

ADD ME! I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE. THE INSPIRATION & ENCOURAGEMENT IS WHAT KEEPS ME GOING! IT WAS TRULY A BLESSING TO HAVE FOUND THIS SITE!

GODBLESS YOU ALL ON YOUR JOURNEY!

You do realize that after a certain point the body stops burning fat and catabolizes LBM.
    Anywho it sounds like a lot of unnecessary work for something I can get eating right and lifting.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    ... So yes, to all the sneak-talking, dissing, ignorant haters, EAT A FRENCH FRY! <<<I SAID IT!
    23lnzpu.jpg