What are some "tricks" you use to lose weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ryry06revolution
    Options
    only eating one time per day
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Eating whole foods. Drinking lots of water. Exercise!!!
  • asya1234
    Options
    Eat chocolate so I don't feel like im restricting...because I'm not! :D
    But it takes care of the cortisol issue and it helps me lose more weight
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tricks. I just plan my shopping, then plan my meals, and use MFP. No magic is required. :smokin:
  • nyemu
    nyemu Posts: 43
    Options
    Take lots of diet pills! Sleep a lot so I don't eat. Basically Hibernate!

I really hope you're joking!
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I eat 8 meals per day. Every two hours. The reason is because if you wait too long between meals your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat.

I find this a bit of an oxymoron. If you think about it, "back in the day" you didn't have food available to you 24/7. That means you may not be able to have a meal until the next kill, or next harvest, etc. Yet, they were extremely fit. Now, we have food 24/7 and eat all the time and we're obese. I don't think there's much of a difference between eating 8 small meals or 1 large meal. I think; to each his own. Agree, i always thought starvation mode was when your body had used up all its stored fat and then started eating at muscle, organs etc.
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ^ mine is the last sentence. Got stuck together somehow.
  • Piercep5
    Piercep5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This video has a lot of good points.

http://www.trimdownclub.com/introduction/index.html
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There are no tricks for me

When I'm hungry I eat.
    When I'm thirsty I drink
    I keep as much as I can of the food I eat real, whole foods & not processed
    I havne't "given up" anything, but after a short period of not eating certain junk things, I flat out don't want them or dont miss them.
    Sometimes I run, sometimes I do strength workouts. Sometimes I wander through the woods with my dog.
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I pray to the mighty Earth Crab
  • watboy
    Options
    Oh and I try to not eat sweets. So recap, earth crab and cut out sweets
    I pray to the mighty Earth Crab
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Eat healthy and workout..
  • watboy
    Options
    Eat healthy and workout..
    . This.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    here are some things I'm doing:

Add everything I eat to my diary before I eat it that way I can see if something isn't such a good idea after all

Eating every 2 hours but staying in my calorie budget really really works for me, even if it's just a tiny snack

3 to 4 bottles of water everyday (or 6-8 cups)

Cutting out meat as often as possible (it's been grossing me out lately anyways)

No more 200 calorie coffees. Either milk and splenda or just tea instead

20 minute walk/jog in the morning, strength training at night

No alcohol. This isn't a big thing for me because I hardly ever drink anyways

No juice or soda. Just the daily coffee/tea and water with lemon

I will pack as many lunches as possible

^^^ This (except for the cutting out meat part).

When I am REALLY craving and have already completed my diary, I make a cup of herbal tea or chew a piece of sugar-free gum.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Eat whole foods and drink lots of water.
  • chrisc16
    Options
    Hi Regina,

I eat 8 meals per day. Every two hours. The reason is because if you wait too long between meals your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat.

Good grief, 3 meals a day is PLENTY of intake to keep your metabolism moving. Eating just once a day will slow your metabolic rate, but with a calorie deficit, you should still lose a little.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hi Regina,

<snip>The reason is because if you wait too long between meals your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat. <snip>

Stop telling lies!
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    I am in my second college nutrition class and this was the most basic concept that I learned in the first class. The instructor is Janet Guenther, a professional women bodybuilder. I took that statement directly from her.

The most important aspect to that statement is that if you eat smaller meals every two hours you have less of a chance of overeating. If you wait 5 hours between meals and then eat 700 calories you will most likely eat an excess and store fat.

Wow, thanks for that. It affirms to me that I'm doing the right thing. I call it my Hobbitt diet. I have first breakfast, second breakfast, first lunch....Another thing I do is not eat anything late. I try to have a very light supper around 6 p.m. and not eat anything else the rest of the evening. If I get hungry, a hot cup of herbal tea helps.