How many chin ups can you do?

Options

Replies

• Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One and I kinda just hang there for the second. I would love to do more.
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    3x6
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    She's right...because I'm pretty sure I can't even do 1! lol. I haven't tried in a while though. And now I'm pregnant, so I won't even be trying again any time soon! ;)
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    0. But I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.

Damn! :smokin:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Big fat "0", this is one of my goals right now, keep trying.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    when i first got a pull up bar I could barely do one pull up and like three chins...

now I can do about 8 pull ups with 25# plate hanging from my waist and about ten chins with 25# plate....

It just takes practice and dedication..a lot of dedication because pulls and chins are painful!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Chin ups, probably 3x8
    Wide grip pull ups, 3x6

Lots of variables affect these #s. But I train for aesthetics and not strength so it doesn't really matter.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    6 from dead hang
    7 if I cheat on jump up for first one <g>
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Last week I did 10 in a row! I don't own a pull up bar, so I honestly had no idea if I could even do one.

I went to the gym on vacation with my aunt.

I was so super excited I could spit. When I was at my heaviest, if I was hanging from a bar, I couldn't even pull myself up an inch and it would hurt my arms horribly.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    1 more than any other joker posted before me, and 2 more than anyone who posts after me.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    when i first got a pull up bar I could barely do one pull up and like three chins...

now I can do about 8 pull ups with 25# plate hanging from my waist and about ten chins with 25# plate....

It just takes practice and dedication..a lot of dedication because pulls and chins are painful!

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn brah 25 plate? rly? ****.. -claps-
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    Last week I did 10 in a row! I don't own a pull up bar, so I honestly had no idea if I could even do one.

I went to the gym on vacation with my aunt.

I was so super excited I could spit. When I was at my heaviest, if I was hanging from a bar, I couldn't even pull myself up an inch and it would hurt my arms horribly.

you did chin ups right? 10!? thats great for a girl:D
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Zero!

But my goal is to be able to do one some day. Hopefully soon after I reach my goal weight.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options

can tell by back brah:D
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    3 sets of 15 wide grip

i do same exact:D
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    My parents have a pull up bar in their house (my brother's) so I try to do them whenever I'm there. Two weeks ago when I was there I did 2 (starting hanging with my knees bent) with palms facing me. I have never tried them with palms facing away.

Edited to add that I was so shocked that I announced it throughout the house to my entire family, so of course they wanted to see it to believe it and I couldn't do anymore! haha

lost practice ha..
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    One and I kinda just hang there for the second. I would love to do more.

tip- do 20 pull ups each day
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i just did 12