Looking for dedicated members to join short challenges

Options

Replies

• cjaneway
    Options
    I am brand new at this as of today, so nothing like starting the program with a challenge!!

CW 210
    GW160
    Age 51
    Height 5'4"
  • cjaneway
    Options
    GOOD GIRL!!!!
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Early workouts? I have issues if I don't get my workout done early of working out really late and then staying up all night.
    Maybe a sleep challenge. To try to get 6-8 hours a night?
    Late night snacking challenge?

I like this idea. I'm always too tired when I get home (and I feel guilty that I left the cat alone ALL day and feel obligated to play with her for a while before I do anything else). So I've been trying to do early workouts before work, but I am SO not a morning person. I'm very capable of doing morning workouts and I know what I would do (30DS is calling my name), but I'm a night owl and I never go to bed in time to actually get a decent amount of sleep and get up for that workout. So then I always end up scratching the early morning workout because sleep is more important because I need to be on point for my job the next day.

SO, long story short, I'd love an "in bed by a certain time" or "get 6-8hours sleep" challenge...or even a "do at least 30 minutes of working out before 9-10AM" (assuming not everybody works a typical 8-6 workday). :o) I feel like if I know you all are expecting me to get it done and log a "success" for the day, then I won't hit the snooze and I'll be more motivated to make it happen.
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love those ideas for challenges! I need more sleep and to get in my early workouts. I also think a water challenge like drinking 64oz a day for a week because I never drink enough water and I really see a difference when I do. And how about no food past 9pm or something because late night eating ALWAYS gets me! Almost gave into fast food today, I was at Burger King with my son so he could climb on the play area since it was too cold to play outside, and ohhhh did it smell good. But none for me, I stayed strong! :happy:
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    IM in where are we meeting at? Add me as a friend
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love those ideas for challenges! I need more sleep and to get in my early workouts. I also think a water challenge like drinking 64oz a day for a week because I never drink enough water and I really see a difference when I do. And how about no food past 9pm or something because late night eating ALWAYS gets me! Almost gave into fast food today, I was at Burger King with my son so he could climb on the play area since it was too cold to play outside, and ohhhh did it smell good. But none for me, I stayed strong! :happy:

Way to stay strong!!! :o) I usually get all my water in, but if that's a challenge that would really help others out I'll totally be on board.
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know this week is already half over, but I'd love to join in for future mini-challenges. I've been on here since last year and lost some weight and then stopped logging for almost a year. After maintaining for nearly a year I recently started to gain again and knew that it was time to return to MFP to help hold me accountable for everything I put in my mouth. I really think these types of challenges could keep it fun for me and really help me to not only get the pounds off that I've added back on, but to help me achieve my ultimate goal by next year when I'll be turning 30!

Height: 5' 8"
    Starting Weight: 200 lbs.
    Current Weight: 177
    Goal Weight: 165
    Ultimate Goal: 155-160 (I'll have to see how I look/feel when I get there).

I would also love to add any friends here who are doing these challenges. I appreciate the support and log on a daily basis, so I can also offer support! : ) Best of luck to everyone!
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh! Mini Challenges. Love this idea! I have managed to not eat any fast food this week either!

Height: 5 ft 8
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 150 (I seem to just hover at this weight now :grumble: )
    Goal weight: 145
    ultimate goal: 140

:happy:
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game but I love this idea to keep me motivated! I haven't had any fast food so far this week so I will keep it going!! I lost almost 30 pounds last year and then put 20 back on this year. I've been back at MFP for about a month, got myself a trainer and am doing my very best. I need to find a way to make this my PERMANENT lifestyle.

Height: 5' 4"
    Starting Weight: 193.9 (from when I recently came BACK to MFP)
    Current Weight: 189.7
    Goal Weight: 150
    Ultimate Goal: 140

I like the idea for next of either doing a certain number of hours of sleep or how about servings of fruit or veggies?
  • hmbrandon
    Options
    Wow! Glad to see some new members! Tomorrow marks day 4! I had a good day today, as it was my 1-year-anniversary for this lifestyle change!

Anybody itching to hit the drive-thru after the challenge? Lol.

For our next challenge, it looks like we have the following ideas from this thread and my personal MFP page:

1. Get at least 6 hours of sleep every night.
    2. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables (as the USDA recommends)
    3. Drink at least 72 oz. of water. (Let's add in that extra glass!)
    4. Working out in the morning for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week (avoid the late nighters that we tend to excuse ourselves from!)
    5. No eating past 8 p.m.
    6. 50 Jumping Jacks in the morning and 50 at night

Let's vote! Whatever doesn't get picked will carry on toward next time with any new additions! We start the new challenge Saturday!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love this idea, so if old bags are welcome I am in too, thanks!
    Pat
    54yo
    Australia
    5'5"
    current weight 187lb
    goal weight 149lb [for starters]
    Good luck all and please feel free to add me if anyone would like to :flowerforyou:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I vote for #1. It's after 11pm and I'm still up. I need to get to bed earlier. I really do!
  • legalporter
    legalporter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    #2, #3, #5 in that order!

I go to work very early so the morning workouts never work for me. If that's what everyone else wants, I can just sit out a week!!

Any challenge is a good challenge!
  • legalporter
    legalporter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last night I was up into the wee hours of the morning and although I had a good dinner and wasn't even all that hungry I got into my Jumbo bag of chocolate chips after all! I've always been one to reach for comfort food - how do you get through these cravings? Any advice?

My advice is to use your mind. Cravings are temporary, so maybe you can fill up on water and just keep telling yourself it will pass. If it doesn't, just have 5 chips or so to get the taste of them. Easier said than done, I know!!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm late to this party, but thankfully I haven't had any fast food yet this week (Thursdays and Fridays are usually those days for me), so I feel like I'm still good to go!

This is me:
    Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 277.6
    Current weight: 239.6
    ultimate goal: 165
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also, I know I'm the new girl...but might I suggest actually creating a group for this motley crew we have assembled? It might make it easier to navigate as the challenges stretch out over several weeks (Also, sorry if this has been suggested before...I didn't read all the posts).
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    Options
    I would love to join in for this challenge and later ones. Not eating fast food is very easy for me during the week, I cook all my meals. However, on the weekend when we are out and about I am more likely to eat fast food, even though I always feel like poo after I do. Looking forward to the challenge this weekend.

Height: 5' 5''
    Starting weight: 210
    Current weight: 198.2
    Goal weight: 150
    ultimate goal: waiting till goal to determine this
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! Glad to see some new members! Tomorrow marks day 4! I had a good day today, as it was my 1-year-anniversary for this lifestyle change!

Anybody itching to hit the drive-thru after the challenge? Lol.

For our next challenge, it looks like we have the following ideas from this thread and my personal MFP page:

1. Get at least 6 hours of sleep every night.
    2. Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of vegetables (as the USDA recommends)
    4. Working out in the morning for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week (avoid the late nighters that we tend to excuse ourselves from!)
    5. No eating past 8 p.m.
    6. 50 Jumping Jacks in the morning and 50 at night

Let's vote! Whatever doesn't get picked will carry on toward next time with any new additions! We start the new challenge Saturday!

my vote is #5#3 # 6 and i was thinking while i was walking if some of us still drink soda let us wing off the sodas and no soda challenge!!!!
  • tobeslim618
    tobeslim618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in...

Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight (before starting here yesterday) 7/1/12 283
    Yesterdays weight: 241
    Goal weight: Under 200
    Final goal: 175-180
    Goal: No take out for the next 5 days + the next challenge goal.

didn't make it this week already had fast food 2 days since Sunday.

5. No eating past 8 p.m.

Can't jump osteoarthristis of the left knee and tendonitis of the right leg...but I can walk (video) at least 10 minutes per day
  • davenic2
    davenic2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have the same problem, lead a busy life and it is so easy to just go through the drive thru window. It is good to have support with others trying to attain the same goals !

Anyone here feel free to invite me if you want support and a little humor!!!!

Height 6-2
    SW 290
    CW 282
    GW 245

Ult Goal 225