Anyone else HATE how calories are red when barely over?!

Options

Replies

• xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I reckon it should go Amber if you go over 100 calories, then turn Red for anything after that :smile:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    the yellow is a brilliant idea... you could just imagine though :P
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I hit bang on all of the time. It really should be a range of rewards on how close it is to goal
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I've been over twice since I started this but it doesn't worry me.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I like the red when I'm even slightly over. It encourages me to go take a walk so I can add some extra calories back in.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I can not stand to see red, it bugs me. If it's calories I usually do a lap around the house or the block so that fitbit will add calories and make it go back green.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me much. I don't eat the calories it suggests for me. It suggests 1400 and I eat 1500 so I am always in the red on days I don't exercise

You can manual change the settings. The cookie cutter settings are terrible.
    How do you manually change the settings?
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Found it!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It also turns red when you are at 0 calories left for the day. That really annoys me. It doesn't happen very often that I hit my calorie goal right on the number, but when I do it should not be red! lol

Haha, I was about to write that too. That red is really annoying, especially when we're not over! :grumble:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really taken offense to the color, but if you think about it, it should be red when we are UNDER eating our calories, right? The warning should come if we are not eating enough calories....off to change my settings..
    Totally agree with this. If the total is really the calories you should be eating for the day, why show red if you go 1 over? Maybe for way over, but I think it should also show red if you are under to encourage you to eat enough. Too many people on here going way under. Maybe the red would clue them in. Or maybe they'd ignore it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't like it because the way it's designed, it ort of puts people in the mindset to stay under. I wish tree was a band, maybe yellow or some other color, where at about 100 or 200 or some number, above and below, where it would shift from green to yellow, then, if you go above that, it goes red. So, the goal would be to stay in the yellow.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really taken offense to the color, but if you think about it, it should be red when we are UNDER eating our calories, right? The warning should come if we are not eating enough calories....off to change my settings..
    Totally agree with this. If the total is really the calories you should be eating for the day, why show red if you go 1 over? Maybe for way over, but I think it should also show red if you are under to encourage you to eat enough. Too many people on here going way under. Maybe the red would clue them in. Or maybe they'd ignore it.

YES!!!
    I also like the idea of yellow, maybe 100 below and 100 above OR allow us to set it for which we'd prefer. I'm trying desperately to get and KEEP my calories up.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't like it because the way it's designed, it ort of puts people in the mindset to stay under. I wish tree was a band, maybe yellow or some other color, where at about 100 or 200 or some number, above and below, where it would shift from green to yellow, then, if you go above that, it goes red. So, the goal would be to stay in the yellow.

Or maybe put the green in the goal range. Use red on both extremes and yellow as you near or pass. Everyone wants to see green it seems.
  • hsacksy
    hsacksy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was JUST saying that to my boyfriend last night! I was like, -33 is nothing! i'm sure i did some untracked activity yesterday (i have two dogs, and frequently take the stairs at work) that would have kept me within or under goal. But its STILL disappointing to see those angry red numbers!!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

YES!!!
    I also like the idea of yellow, maybe 100 below and 100 above OR allow us to set it for which we'd prefer. I'm trying desperately to get and KEEP my calories up.

^ I agree with this! I think if you're 1-50 below or above it should be green, 50-100 below or above should be yellow, anything after that should be red. I also don't think it should say "so and so completed their food diary" when you're 10 calories over... I'm sure at some point in the day you did end up burning 10 extra calories, but still, I don't want to feel like I didn't even try!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Red or or green 100, 200 over under I dont care as long as I continue to lose monthly
    Now if my bank balance is in the red thats a problem

Word.

Wait - did I just really type, "word?" Is it 1986 again?

Really, I don't care what color shows up. I'm more interested in the numbers. And, seeing as how I'm only on maintenance - not trying to lose - I'm not concerned if I go over. I'm more interested in keeping it close and getting close to my macros.

ETA: Oh, and purple rules.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me too much either. But I do like how on the FitBit site if you're within 50 calories of your goal it says you nailed it.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It should turn yellow 100 calories before your goal, and at 0, but red for even 1 calorie over. If you are even 1 calorie over, you didn't make it. If your bank account is 1 penny over drawn, It's in the red. I swear people just don't want to accept their failures. If you can't stay under your goal, accept that you don't have the discipline, and change your weekly weight loss goal from 2 pounds to 1 pound a week. Then you can see green numbers again!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No. I hate it when my check register is in the red, but with calories, I don't mind because there's no $30 fee for going in the red! :laugh:
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    people really need to harden the **** up.