best breakfast for protein?

Options

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Remember you eat for nutrition, not pleasure.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

You do. I eat for both.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options

I don't believe in eating anything that doesn't taste good.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person at all. Don't like eggs much, sausage, cereal, etc. I eat oatmeal with peanut butter (protein) add whatever else I want -- usually blueberries or raspberries and 1/4 of a banana sometimes a couple of chopped walnuts or pecans or 1 t. honey. I have 8 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk - lots of protein and calcium. This breakfast is right around 300-340 calories and I stay full until lunch.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    peanut butter! i have 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin with PB and bananas on top every day.
  • janelgreo
    janelgreo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 pieces of bacon & 6 eggs (2 whole/4 whites) every morning.

I mix up my eggs to either scrambled or omelette. Also, I mix up how I eat it. That's a big one, sometime I wrap it all in the bacon, sometimes I seperate bacon & eggs on a plate & eat it, sometimes I add some onions, avocados, beef, tomatoes, or whatever to the eggs.

You can easily eat the same things as a, as I call it "BASE" & just add stuff to it to change the taste, which actually makes you feel like it changes the whole meal.

Find different recipes to what you eat, it helps a lot. Doesn't make your diet boring & you won't get tired of it.
  • snap4710
    snap4710 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been eating sandwich rounds as they are thin with natural peanut butter on them and an apple sliced thinly on top. It is really good and I don't even like apples but it keeps me full with all the fiber and not fuzzy minded. It is a nice break from meat. Also, make extra turkey burger patties with fresh basil or cilantro mixed in and red, yellow or orange peppers. I will pop one in the microwave in the morning and throw a tomato slice on top and eat that...it's yummy!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Venison and Bison are great proteins.
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    A good protein shake can really fill the bill. Of course, some hard boiled eggs (make them in the oven to save time and effort) and mix them in some quinoa or oatmeal (my favorite breakfast).

There are some awesome high protein smoothie recipe online, too.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    A salmon omelette sounds amazing, I need to make one.
  • foxgl0ve
    foxgl0ve Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This week I made a batch of 6 vegetable frittatas in little ramekins so that I could warm one up each day of the week - they were fantastic!

8 egg whites
    4 whole eggs
    Sautee mushrooms, shallots, and spinach (or whatever your fav veggies are).
    Mix it into the scrambled eggs.
    Pour into 6 ramekins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with Gruyere or Cheddar.
    Put them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.

They're 212 calories and 13 g of protein each.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I found a great recipe posted on here which I use at least 3 times a week....called Protein Puffycakes of Joy.
    In a microwave save smoosh up a ripe banana, add 2 eggs and whisk up, add a scoop of protein powder ( I use strawberry flavored) and mix that in. Chuck in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Turn over onto a plate. I usually top mine with a couple tbsns plain greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. LOTS of protein in one puffycake of joy...
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well I am trying to get back on track so it is good to remember good ideas. I usually do not like turkey bacon, but I will eat Applegate Turkey Bacon which I microwave to close to crispy. It is great in salads or with eggs easy over, or in an omelet.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This week I made a batch of 6 vegetable frittatas in little ramekins so that I could warm one up each day of the week - they were fantastic!

8 egg whites
    4 whole eggs
    Sautee mushrooms, shallots, and spinach (or whatever your fav veggies are).
    Mix it into the scrambled eggs.
    Pour into 6 ramekins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with Gruyere or Cheddar.
    Put them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.

They're 212 calories and 13 g of protein each.
    sounds good
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    Dairy products are also good. Yogurt, cottage cheese, spreadable cheeses on bread.

Are dairy products still protein? I'm sorry if that sounds dumb, but it would be dumber not to ask when I don't know. Right? :))
    Yup! A cup of milk has about 8 g of protein. A 150 g serving of yogurt has 7 g.

I don't know if you'd want this for breakfast, but beans are also high in protein, say if you wanted a breakfast burrito or something.

Just an FYI, although milk has protein in it, does not mean it is a portion of protein, it also has a lot of sugar.
    if you want proper protein in DAIRY products, GREEK yogurt, cottage cheese, quark cheese are the only actual protein sources, beans are extremely high in starch, 1/2 cup of beans/lentils albeit great protein/iron source, only count as 1/2 portion of protein and a full serving of carbohydrates. Unless combined with quinoa, the combination equates the complete protein amino acids.
    Peanuts & nut butters are also NOT a source of protein, just because they have protein in it, does not make them protein. nut butters are fat and to be limited.
  • nxsulli
    Options
    A nutritionist told me the best breakfast is egg whites and beans. Any kind of beans. You can use whole egss if you want. I scramble mine, add canned white beans and a little salsa for flavor. The combination of egg protein and bean protein creates a perfect protein complex which makes you eat less throughout the day! It really works. Try it!
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    A nutritionist told me the best breakfast is egg whites and beans. Any kind of beans. You can use whole egss if you want. I scramble mine, add canned white beans and a little salsa for flavor. The combination of egg protein and bean protein creates a perfect protein complex which makes you eat less throughout the day! It really works. Try it!

2 full eggs are actually a complete protein on their own... 4 egg whites become a complete protein.
  • MaryJaneMadeMeFat
    Options
    I have a protein shake and banana for breakfast every morning. It has 35g of protein per serving and it keeps me feeling full until lunch.
  • sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been doing hard boiled egg whites and Greek yogurt (sometimes I add a few sunflower kernels to the yogurt). I can get pretty lazy in the morning before my workout, so hard boiling eggs once a week seems to help with that!