Anyone else HATE how calories are red when barely over?!

Options

Replies

• Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    meh
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Couldn't care less about the color of the number. I just focus on the big stuff, calories deficit, hitting the macros, nutrient dense food, exercise, and let the little stuff take care of itself.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Or you could exercise and burn 53 calories and you wont be over anymore.. pretty simple
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. What I hate is when I go over a little on carbs, but when I minus the fiber then I am really not over.

I have issues with that too. My protein is often way over my carb, but that makes me feel more full and I'm still under calories but I HATE seeing that red!

There's no such thing as too much protein.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OVer is over?

Have an issue with the red, don't go over. Or disable the color on your computer screen.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I am quite happy when it turns red because it means I reached my goal, and I am fueled for tomorrow's workout.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    No.

I only hate it when I'm 1,000 over for the day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    lol like today I'm 53 calories over and I know it's not that bad but the redness of my remaining calories is pissing me off :P I think there should be a yellow option for when your less than like 100 calories over lmao. & that is the end of my complaining :)

No. It's just a number.....a target.....nothing more nothing less.........If you are upset about being over I hope you are also upset when you are under as it is just as bad.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No.

Hate is a strong emotion for such trivia.:happy:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. What I hate is when I go over a little on carbs, but when I minus the fiber then I am really not over.

I have issues with that too. My protein is often way over my carb, but that makes me feel more full and I'm still under calories but I HATE seeing that red!

There's no such thing as too much protein.

How YOU Doin? :bigsmile:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If you stay under, you wont see red. Easy enough and kind of the whole point of this.
  • calajane
    Options
    It bothers me a little, I have to admit. Even if its just a little over. It just motivates me more to keep under the daily calorie goal.

Plus, I set up my exercise goals to 0 so I add everything - walking up the stairs, walking fast etc. My only criteria is that my heart needs to be pounding and I'm catching my breath at the end (and wow, that came out wrong ;))
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Red's my favorite color, so I don't really care.

I do think "... and was within 100 calories of her goal," would be a healthier message than celebrating "... and was under her calorie goal."

I think it promotes under-eating and obsessive behavior, ie "I'm over by 50 calories so I'm going to run up and down my steps for five minutes."
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If you stay under, you wont see red. Easy enough and kind of the whole point of this.

Not true. If over by 3 calories, it's red. It's the wrong message.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Red's my favorite color, so I don't really care.

I do think "... and was within 100 calories of her goal," would be a healthier message than celebrating "... and was under her calorie goal."

I think it promotes under-eating and obsessive behavior, ie "I'm over by 50 calories so I'm going to run up and down my steps for five minutes."

This is one of the things I love about Weight Watchers. You get those little extra points you can use any time. So ultimately, you can never really go over (unless you truly overeat). I can gain exercise calories to use that day or three days later (or whatever).

I was in the red for calories Tuesday night by about 600 calories, but I didn't use up all the extra weekly points, so I really wasn't in the red. I just make up for it later and I don't care what color my calories are on here.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    #firstworldproblems

But really I hate it more when my carbs are in the red and my protein is in the green. The SHAMEEEE.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Stop letting the quirks of a website dictate how you feel about the way you eat, the way you workout and your progress.

Besides, you realize that a lot of food entries can be WAY off as well as the MFP calorie burns.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    We need a new thread: "Things that bother me but really shouldnt" ;)
  • sstephanrodriguez
    sstephanrodriguez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YES! This happened to me ONCE and I was ecstatic that I had it exactly... but it wouldn't tell me "under" and it was red! Boo!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a special color for when your within 100 calories high or low around your goal. Espeically if you hit the magic number on the dot!! I though getting the number exactly is what they want!?!