Protein powders that can be mixed in water?

Options
Hiya, I'm looking for a protein powder that I can mix in water rather than adding the extra calories and sugar from almond milk, like I'm used to. I love the plant protein powder I have been using, but I want to be able to drink more and it just doesn't fit into my calorie goals.
Long story short, what protein powders have you tried that taste good in water?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    you need a shaker cup with balls in it.

Seriously...super easy, mixes powders with water or milk of your choice.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    This one from GNC is on my Christmas list :happy:
  • n0ob
    Options
    ON Casein is the only one I really like in water. Muscle milk is also pretty good, but that's more of a meal replacement than a powder.

The chocolate is very good.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard Whey Protein, Fruit Punch. Tastes like watered down Koolaid! 120 cal 24 g of P
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    ON Casein is the only one I really like in water. Muscle milk is also pretty good, but that's more of a meal replacement than a powder.

I was rather leaning toward ON's whey because its supposed to be more beneficial for women looking to build muscle but Im might just have to try casein!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm looking for a protein powder that I can mix in water rather than adding the extra calories and sugar from almond milk, like I'm used to. I love the plant protein powder I have been using, but I want to be able to drink more and it just doesn't fit into my calorie goals.
    Long story short, what protein powders have you tried that taste good in water?

Trutein, Protizyme, Giant Sports Delicious Protein

Could also use unsweetened almond milk
  • n0ob
    Options

I was rather leaning toward ON's whey because its supposed to be more beneficial for women looking to build muscle but Im might just have to try casein!

either one are a complete protein and will be useful to build muscle. Studies suggest that casein is anti-catabolic and whey is anabolic...but it really doesn't matter, they're just protein.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    i think most mix better in water than milk
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Powder taste GREAT in water....
  • Womengineer
    Womengineer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It Works Pro Fit Shakes are delicious and can definitely be mixed in water. They are ideal for women because they are not over-loaded with protein that our bodies cannot handle anyways and one serving is only 100 calories. They are designed to have the amount of protein that your body can actually use.
    Please feel free to email me if you have any questions: skinnysnow@gmail.com
    Or check out my website at: https://skinnysnow.myitworks.com
  • n0ob
    Options
    i think most mix better in water than milk

most all taste better in milk though...especially chocolates.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Isopure Vanilla - I mix it with just water all the time.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i rather water cause to much milk makes me sick
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I really like EAS Vanilla Soy Protien. I just mix it with cold water.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    The kind I use (Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey) says to mix with water, but I think it's disgusting that way. I can't drink it.

I use unsweetened original almond milk. It's only 30 calories a cup, and I don't drink a whole cup with my shake. Very few calories to sacrifice for a much better tasting product.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Herbalife!!! I have never had milk, and the taste is OUTSTANDING! Plus there are sooooooo many recipes that you don't get bored having the same 2-3 "meals" every day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Protein is important for muscle growth/maintenance but it can come from any source - you only need to use protein powder if you are not getting enough from food. Also, there is no difference in gender in relation to muscle growth (well, apart from the fact that it is harder for us).
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    You can mix it with anything your heart desires. milk, juice, smoothies, pancakes, omelet etc. I usually add it into a banana smoothie after a workout.
    I use designer whey protein (according to my internet research whey protein is the best health-wise for women) they have lots of diff flavors and are relatively cheap or well priced. Also comes with some website on the bottle that you can use to help you track your health, fitness and recipes for eating if you need another one. I am happy with myfitnesspal
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrition also. Chocolate, Cake Batter, Strawberry Banana and the Chocolate Casin are all good and mix well in water.

I order from www.bodybuilding.com. GREAT SITE!