Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting cash out of the ATM...

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I avoid carrying more than $20 in cash.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Interesting so many people don't carry cash. I take out half my paycheck every month in cash and use it to pay gas/grocery/misc bills throughout the month. I only use my card for online purchases and reoccurring bills. I never use the ATM because I just hit the bank up around the beginning of the month.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I never have cash on me so the only time I do take any out is on a Friday or Saturday night, lol
    This is me! The only ATM for my bank is way across town so I don't typically have cash unless I'm going to place where I know I'll need it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I thought this was about logging the calorie burn from taking out cash...
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Hubs takes it out if he needs it.
    Thats about it.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    what is this whole friday night thing? :laugh: been married too long.

I don't carry cash, but if I have too I do teh $20 or $40.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Interesting so many people don't carry cash. I take out half my paycheck every month in cash and use it to pay gas/grocery/misc bills throughout the month. I only use my card for online purchases and reoccurring bills. I never use the ATM because I just hit the bank up around the beginning of the month.

What she said..easy to budget that way.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    I work at a bank and I never carry cash! I barely use the ATM.... as I'm the one that has to balance it! UGH
  • Interesting so many people don't carry cash. I take out half my paycheck every month in cash and use it to pay gas/grocery/misc bills throughout the month. I only use my card for online purchases and reoccurring bills. I never use the ATM because I just hit the bank up around the beginning of the month.

What she said..easy to budget that way.

if i have liquid cash on me, i'll spend it recklessly, i'm more vigilant with debit/credit purchases... besided, unlimited bank transactions :)
  • Around 20 as well. I try not to take more than 20 out a week (unless I'm doing grocery shopping or something) so that I don't spend too much without thinking about it.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Oh GREAT! Now I have that stuck in my head. :noway:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    $260. If the ATM does $10's, I'll take $250
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    I look at cash as something to hold onto or keep for something awesome! If I have it in my wallet I am a miser with it... keep it folded and in a secret compartment..... if that SAME amount of money is in my bank account, I thinking NOTHING of using my debit card and spending it... LOL

For me, cash is the ONLY way I can save for anything.... if I put it in my bank acct to "save it", without a doubt I will dip into it for stupid stuff
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I figure out how much cash I want to spend each payday, then write a check to cash at the bank. I rarely use an ATM.
  • I hate my debit card. There have been times where I have had 800 dollars in there and the damn card gets declined at a store or for gas for whatever Goddamn reason. So my hubby and all pull all cash out of the account except 100$.

Cash is wonderful!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    I usually pay with my debit card everywhere I can, I don't see the point of carrying a lot of cash with myself. I just get 20-50$ (just made a simple conversion from the currency around here) to have for situations where I can't pay with card (like going to the farmers market).
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    At the bar usually 100. I do this at least 5 times a night.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    I never carry cash. If I need it for something specific, I only take out that amount.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    i usually take out $500 on Fridays at 1:30pm Eastern Time. I do this at the work ATM at 123 Merrifield Plaza on the first floor in Franklinsberg, VA. I always wear my maroon hoodie. I am 5'6" tall and am balding . I also do not carry a firearm.

LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Depends on who's dancing that night and how many 1's I need.