Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I avoid carrying more than $20 in cash.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Interesting so many people don't carry cash. I take out half my paycheck every month in cash and use it to pay gas/grocery/misc bills throughout the month. I only use my card for online purchases and reoccurring bills. I never use the ATM because I just hit the bank up around the beginning of the month.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I never have cash on me so the only time I do take any out is on a Friday or Saturday night, lol
    This is me! The only ATM for my bank is way across town so I don't typically have cash unless I'm going to place where I know I'll need it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about logging the calorie burn from taking out cash...
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hubs takes it out if he needs it.
    Thats about it.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    what is this whole friday night thing? :laugh: been married too long.

I don't carry cash, but if I have too I do teh $20 or $40.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Interesting so many people don't carry cash. I take out half my paycheck every month in cash and use it to pay gas/grocery/misc bills throughout the month. I only use my card for online purchases and reoccurring bills. I never use the ATM because I just hit the bank up around the beginning of the month.

What she said..easy to budget that way.
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I work at a bank and I never carry cash! I barely use the ATM.... as I'm the one that has to balance it! UGH
  • Jackielyn17
    Options

What she said..easy to budget that way.

if i have liquid cash on me, i'll spend it recklessly, i'm more vigilant with debit/credit purchases... besided, unlimited bank transactions :)
  • daryabella
    Options
    Around 20 as well. I try not to take more than 20 out a week (unless I'm doing grocery shopping or something) so that I don't spend too much without thinking about it.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh GREAT! Now I have that stuck in my head. :noway:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    $260. If the ATM does $10's, I'll take $250
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I look at cash as something to hold onto or keep for something awesome! If I have it in my wallet I am a miser with it... keep it folded and in a secret compartment..... if that SAME amount of money is in my bank account, I thinking NOTHING of using my debit card and spending it... LOL

For me, cash is the ONLY way I can save for anything.... if I put it in my bank acct to "save it", without a doubt I will dip into it for stupid stuff
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I figure out how much cash I want to spend each payday, then write a check to cash at the bank. I rarely use an ATM.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I hate my debit card. There have been times where I have had 800 dollars in there and the damn card gets declined at a store or for gas for whatever Goddamn reason. So my hubby and all pull all cash out of the account except 100$.

Cash is wonderful!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I usually pay with my debit card everywhere I can, I don't see the point of carrying a lot of cash with myself. I just get 20-50$ (just made a simple conversion from the currency around here) to have for situations where I can't pay with card (like going to the farmers market).
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    At the bar usually 100. I do this at least 5 times a night.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I never carry cash. If I need it for something specific, I only take out that amount.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    i usually take out $500 on Fridays at 1:30pm Eastern Time. I do this at the work ATM at 123 Merrifield Plaza on the first floor in Franklinsberg, VA. I always wear my maroon hoodie. I am 5'6" tall and am balding . I also do not carry a firearm.

LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Depends on who's dancing that night and how many 1's I need.