what happens if you eat too much protein?

Options
13»

Replies

• duganed
    duganed Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Animal protein gives you cancer.

Animal cancer gives you protein

Indeed
  • hsidky
    hsidky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Apologies for my crassness. Long day at work. I'm done.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol =/= serum cholesterol. Eat the yolks.

Fantastic logic there buddy. /s

It's not logic. It's science.

Clearly logic is not your forte. Neither is reading.

come on guys this is not youtube or facebook where people argue over stupid stuff. we are here to help one another. keep it respectable please
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    one common side effect especially amongst us bodybuilders is too much protein causes your farts to smell like an chemical weapon went off every single time. If you're not getting excessive amounts of gas passing through then your protein intake is fine.

haha this just made my day and made me literally "lol". My brother eats abundant amounts of protein and it definitely makes him a horrible workout partner at the gym (He loves to crop dust the area I am in and then walks away, leaving me to look like the culprit).
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Pretty much this:

enhanced-buzz-16117-1286564596-19.jpg

uhh no. What that lady was taking cannot be bought in most nutrition stores and definitely not found in any super markets. What she was taking comes in a vial and needle.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    one common side effect especially amongst us bodybuilders is too much protein causes your farts to smell like an chemical weapon went off every single time. If you're not getting excessive amounts of gas passing through then your protein intake is fine.

haha this just made my day and made me literally "lol". My brother eats abundant amounts of protein and it definitely makes him a horrible workout partner at the gym (He loves to crop dust the area I am in and then walks away, leaving me to look like the culprit).

hahaha! "I'm going to... uh go get water..."
  • carolinemisspretty
    Options
    eeewwww
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,153 Member
    Options
    You get fat

Not unless you eat too many calories total.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Your whole face explodes
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options

hahaha! "I'm going to... uh go get water..."

Yea pretty much that or the gas cloud hits me and I look up to see him walking away with a smirk on his face. Lol gotta love sibling bonding I guess!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What's your protein set to?
    MFP generally sets it pretty low.
    Aim for 1.5g of protein per lb of lean body mass....unless you're guzzling protein shakes all day, this can be hard to do while eating natural whole foods. Or at least, it is for me!

At one time I feared I was consuming too much protein, but MFP had just set my goal really low. I do have family in the medical field though that would advise against consuming an outrageous amount every day, say like 400g, as it can have adverse effects on your kidneys.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and chicken a lot and I keep getting in the red for over doing my "limit" for the day of protein. Everything else is in the green. What happens if you eat too much protein ?

I'm trying to stay away from breads and cheese and chocolate(love these foods) and have been eating a lot of eggs,chicken, fruits,and veggies.

For an otherwise healthy person, it's virtually impossible to eat too much protein on any sort of typical western diet. Most body builders have to try really really hard to get enough protein, and they often end up still having to supplement with protein shakes.

So as long as you have two kidneys and they're working fine, don't worry about it.