Will my breast cup size get smaller if i lose weight?

Options
I'm 134 lbs and a C cup at this moment and i want to lose 19 pounds.. will my breast get smaller? is there anything to prevent that from happening? because i'm very happy with my breast size and i want to keep it that way :))

Replies

• CaptChad75
    Options
    most definatley will
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I think it depends, but mine didn't get smaller when I lost 30#. Actually, I went down in the chest measurement (from a 36 to a 34) and up in cup size from a C to a D. My breasts actually didn't get any bigger, but it sure sounds better to say 34D as opposed to 36C.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Mine did, by a lot.

It's genetic. Your body decides where it will lose, and gain.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    most definatley will

Is this your personal experience? :wink:
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will make that big of a difference. 19 lbs isn't that much. I have lost 34 lbs so far and I had to get a smaller bra but the cup size was the same.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Probably, but 19 pounds most likely won't make a huge difference. There's really no sure way to tell where your body will lose.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hard to say. Some lose there; some don't. If, at some point as an adult, you were your goal weight, that's a pretty good indication of where you're going to end up.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I think genetics have at least a little something to do with how much you will lose from your breasts...I'm down 20 pounds and had to go UP a cup size (was a 38DD, now a 36DDD) so I'd say it depends. I'm 4'11" and 148 right now starting from 168 if that helps :)
    A large chest runs in the family so I doubt I will lose a lot from there (most women on my father's side are DDD and up haha)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yep =- most definately
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will make that big of a difference. 19 lbs isn't that much. I have lost 34 lbs so far and I had to get a smaller bra but the cup size was the same.
    19 lbs is actually a lot when you're already a healthy weight (which the OP is).

How much weight you lose on your breasts will depend a lot on your body's natural shape and how you carry your weight. However, since you are aiming right for the low end of "healthy", it is likely that you will lose at least some fat from your breasts.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 7 lbs, but so far my cup size has not changed. I've gone from 36DD to 34DD. I'm fully expecting/hoping to lose the boobs, though. I was a 34C a few years ago before gaining this weight, and would prefer to get back to it.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Probably. But in my opinion, having a small chest would be awesome! (I'm an F cup -_-)

Pros:
    No need to wear a bra
    You can get those hugely padded bras and pretend they're a lot bigger than they are
    They don't jump around and be annoying when exercising

Cons:
    You prolly can't hide it in a bikini
    Harder to grab on to (could be a pro I guess)

See! It ain't all bad ;)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    it's different for everybody.

I was a C cup in college. When I was a fat girl, I got measured, and since I was so big around the rib cage, I was told I was a B cup. Since losing weight (about 25 lbs), I am back to a C cup.
  • vcferlita1
    Options
    Unfortunately, it probably will.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Because your goal weight is pretty teeny-tiny unless you're really short.

Nineteen pounds isn't that much weight, but losing 19 pounds from normal body weight to ultra lean is different than 19 pounds from a little overweight to normal weight.
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    I use to have moobs now I have chesticles
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 134 lbs and a C cup at this moment and i want to lose 19 pounds.. will my breast get smaller? is there anything to prevent that from happening? because i'm very happy with my breast size and i want to keep it that way :))

Depends on whether you have breasts made mostly of fat or mostly of mammary tissue. What is your body type?

I'm an hourglass and no matter my weight, my breasts remain the same size.
  • cazzaroni
    cazzaroni Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sure will!! I went from a 44 DD to 42B/C's.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Probably. I went from a 44 DD to 36 D and I'm still a D because of excess skin to hold in (weight loss and pregnancy X 2).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I've gone from a DDD to DD, but you don't have as much weight to lose as I do. I'd like to get down to a D or even C cup.