Will my breast cup size get smaller if i lose weight?

Options

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Mine did but I am more than a hundred pounds overweight when I started. I was a 46dd and as of right now I am a 38d.
  • LK115
    LK115 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 so far and I've noticed mine are getting smaller. I don't want to buy new bras at the moment b/c they are expensive and I want to wait until I get closer to my goal weight. I'm using it on the tightest setting and wearing my smallest fit bra for now. I've been a D since having children and was a B before. I figure I will at least go back to a C when I was smaller after my 1st child. I got back to my normal weight then and was a size bigger than before kids.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Mine went right back to normal after having my son. When I gain weight they get a little bit larger, but I don't think anyone else would notice.

I get so sick of carrying them around. And I have bad posture because if I stand up straight I feel like I'm pointing my rack at everyone. :angry:

I was a ballerina, so my posture is naturally really good. And while I don't really dance anymore, I do a lot of yoga (or I used to). When I was 19, I took a job waitressing at a small, family-owned place where a friend of mine worked.

The daughter was there my first day and I did everything she said and the best I could and she fired me. She said they just didn't really need me, but she told my friend that all I did was walk around sticking my boobs out all day. Jealous much? Geez!

But I'd rather have a straight back than that job, so ... lol It hasn't been an issue since.

lmao, people can be so ridiculous.

It's actually been one of my goals lately to improve my posture, because my neck and shoulders suffer. It's a hard thing to do though. I've been slouching for at least 20 years. :(
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I lost weight all over...never had hips or much of a butt...weight started on top and that's where I lost it first YAY...now I can buy pretty bras.
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    How tall are you? Because your goal weight is pretty teeny-tiny unless you're really short.

Nineteen pounds isn't that much weight, but losing 19 pounds from normal body weight to ultra lean is different than 19 pounds from a little overweight to normal weight.

i'm 5'4" tall i think i am short..
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    They are usually the first to go. I went down a cup size and had to throw away a ton of nice bras. Still have a ways to go so I am sure by the time I am done they will be non existent! I have quite a bit more weight on me though. It is totally worth having smaller boobs to feel good in my clothes!
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I always gain and lose in the breast area. If you lose them when you lose the 19lbs and you are unhappy...get breast implants, I did:smile:
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 lb. Still the same cup size
  • Gemz321
    Options
    think it can be different for everyone, I have actually gone up in size. I think that some people are just more likely to get smaller breasts from weight loss. Although I know quite a lot of people who have lost weight have had a smaller waist measurement, but have gone up in the actual cup size.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It really just depends. I've lost over 100 pounds and my breasts have basically stayed the same size (went from a 42DD to a 36F, which SOUNDS bigger, but really isn't lol, just maybe LOOKS bigger on my smaller frame - but for real, they are kind of in my way hah)

Honestly, being healthy should be the most important thing. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    There's only one way to find out!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes. But, that's not that bad of a deal. You're also losing all those side saddles that come out of the sides of your bra. The tradeoff is a curvier new you and the new size will look balanced with the removal of the extras. :happy: There are tons of advantages to less on top - easier to run, do pushups, fit into outfits without falling out, and etc. I'd focus on the health aspect...that's what's important.

Monica

P.S. A 'B' is pretty nice too...not that small...
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    Why does it matter?? loose weight, stay healthy, feel good and you will look good!

EXACTLY! if you're that bothered keep the extra stone ffs! And be thankful that's all you have to worry about!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    genetics.....wherever you lose the weight ...everyones different
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    it is likely as you are already a small weight there cant be many places for it to drop off surely? but either way we all end up in proportion so even if you drop in cup size you will still be even with the rest of your body so if you really do wanna lose more weight i wouldnt worry too much about it xx

just read your profile and saw that you are only 18.. you havent finished growing yet either try not to worry about it and you are a small weight already if you really dont want them to change to keep the little extra x
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hehehe...boobs... :-):tongue:
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of factors that can affect the size of your breasts and whether they get smaller during/after weight loss.

Firstly, the initial size will be made up of 2 main elements - breast tissue & fat. The amount of breast tissue won't change when you lose weight, but clearly the amount of fat will. It's also the breast tissue growth that's the primary cause of growth during pregnancy/breastfeeding.

Secondly, your cup size depends a lot on your band size, and as others have said, dropping a band size without the breasts changing size in real terms will actually result in an increase in cup size, while if you lose fat off the breast and drop a band size, you'll end up with a the cup size staying the same, while the band size drops.

The only real guarantee is that you'll need new bras when you're done, because either band or cup size (or both) will have changed, so all your current bras will fit badly.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, its more than likely you will lose your boobage!!

I've lost 28.5lb so far. 9cm from my actual breast and 4.5cm from underneath (basically the bra band)

I've gone from a 34E in January to a 32C currently.

I have to say, I miss them.... :cry: :cry: :cry: But, it's all part and parcel of weight loss - boobs are made up of a lot of fat!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Mine went right back to normal after having my son. When I gain weight they get a little bit larger, but I don't think anyone else would notice.

I get so sick of carrying them around. And I have bad posture because if I stand up straight I feel like I'm pointing my rack at everyone. :angry:

I was a ballerina, so my posture is naturally really good. And while I don't really dance anymore, I do a lot of yoga (or I used to). When I was 19, I took a job waitressing at a small, family-owned place where a friend of mine worked.

The daughter was there my first day and I did everything she said and the best I could and she fired me. She said they just didn't really need me, but she told my friend that all I did was walk around sticking my boobs out all day. Jealous much? Geez!

But I'd rather have a straight back than that job, so ... lol It hasn't been an issue since.

lmao, people can be so ridiculous.

It's actually been one of my goals lately to improve my posture, because my neck and shoulders suffer. It's a hard thing to do though. I've been slouching for at least 20 years. :(

YOGA! Do enough of it, you won't be able to help but stand up straight.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    mine got bigger. 14D has become 10E