Why women won't date old guys?

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    lol....15+ years older than me is probably my limit, if I were to ever get back in the dating pool. But...you just never know.
  • AmberFay22
    Options
    Define "old" ? I've dated someone 17 years older than me at one point in my life.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOLOL. I'm 22 and I'm dating a man who's 50. I'd say that probably counts as old. But I think he's attractive and quite intelligent. I call him daddy. :laugh:
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I like *older* men, but not an Anna Nicole Smith type thing.

I'm 36 - I'd have no problem with dating a 50 y/o, but not a 70 y/o.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    How much older are you talking? My dating range is usually about 2 years younger - 10 years older, however there have been exceptions. Yes, age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel...but, you should be able to talk and relate with each other (hard to do when you grew up in different decades). I would like to date someone that is at a similar stage in his life as myself, not someone preparing for retirement. I like to get out and am very active, I want someone that can do that as well. And, for the vanity....I'm just not attracted to men that look old enough to be my father, or my children's grandfather.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I use to LOVE dating the guy that was 6-10years older....
    But I've realized now that I'm nearing 30...if they're in their mid to late 30s or early 40s they either have a crazy ex wife, kids of their own (I don't wanna deal with a guy who has weekend dad syndrome thank you very much or kissing his ex wife's *kitten*)
    OR
    if they've never been married & still single they just get WEIRD....like they have that Peter Pan syndrome

Now Recently I've been getting hit on more and more by guys between the ages of 19-23 (3 - 7 years younger) .... maybe it's that whole Milf thing but I'm looking at youngER men with more of an open mind and MY AGE GROUP
  • alaliberte
    Options
    I would rather have an older man. But within 5-7 years older than me. Mine is about 5.5 years older and I LOVE him. It's perfect. I think it just takes guys a little longer to mature. That's why most of us ladies like them.

But, yep agreed that this older guy is attracted to a younger woman...can't explain that. I'll have to ask him.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    They do! I love older guys! Young guys do absolutely nothing for me.

There is a big difference in older and old.

I consider 30+ old.. *ducks*

You would consider dating 30 year old ducks?

That's disgusting!

Yep. It's not all that it's quacked up to be.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Old balls. /end thread

They make a better chin wrap when it's cold outside.
  • guapogringo
    Options
    This is going to be good. Getting my popcorn!
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a ski bunny. Don't care whathis age is... Just that he hops on me every time he can.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    I'd rather have a ski bunny. Don't care whathis age is... Just that he hops on me every time he can.

this ^^^
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    This guy is over 900 years old and every woman I know wants to go to bed with him.

david-tennant.jpg
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I always dated older men and my husband is 7 years older than me. I think a man in his 50s is hot, personally.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    there are more than a billion reasons for a woman to date an old guy.

annahoward.jpg
  • dawncolleen0120
    dawncolleen0120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, the question is why women won't date old guys. Old guys don't want to do anything or go anywhere. They are happy sitting on the sofa and asking you to get them a beer. Old guys have lost all the gusto of life. Old guys can be any age, it's the attitude. Me? At 40 I married a 24 year old and 17 years later we're still having fun. :smile:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    This guy is over 900 years old and every woman I know wants to go to bed with him.

david-tennant.jpg

As I said....I'll make some exceptions. :wink:
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    th?id=I.4879109410128383&pid=1.7&w=172&h=143&c=7&rs=1 because he built an empire
  • dawncolleen0120
    dawncolleen0120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sure, because this guy is still going somewhere doing adventurous things. Heck, I'd go with him. :)
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against older guys. When I was 13, I was in love with Matt Dillon...he was 41 at the time....