3 Day Cleanse?

Options
I know everyone has mixed opinions on cleanses and I'm not looking for a debate on the topic or reasons why you think cleanses are silly. I've heard a lot of people say that it really makes them feel better and I'd like to try one myself. Which cleanses have you yourself tried and found to have positive effects? I don't just mean the products you purchase online, it could be any variety of homemade recipes, etc. Thank you for your honest input.

Replies

• capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try Drain-O
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm curious too.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    4 pages, 3 strikes and a lock
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Personally I like green tea with lemon extract and I HATE LEMONS! but after a few cups I began to like this tea. I think it was clippers? Try it, kinda like the lemon detox cleanse but nicer...can add caynne is you like, it's not too bad :)
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    Try Drain-O

Thank you for ignoring everything that I asked and pursuing mockery to fill your dull day. =)
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my co worker uses Dr. Natura colonix. she gets it at albertsons and swears by them! I must admit i really want to try it but kinda scared.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    Personally I like green tea with lemon extract and I HATE LEMONS! but after a few cups I began to like this tea. I think it was clippers? Try it, kinda like the lemon detox cleanse but nicer...can add caynne is you like, it's not too bad :)

Did you consume strictly liquids for a few days in combination?
  • Mz_AnGeLic
    Options
    I been wanting to do some type of cleanse but kinda scared to due to all the mixed reviews.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a three day cleanse but the GM cleanse made me feel AWESOME. It's 7 days though. But you can EAT!!

I didn't have ANY weight loss....so if that's what you are going for..this is not the cleanse (my roommate however, lost 13 lbs on it so It may depend...)
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    4 pages, 3 strikes and a lock

I hope you're right! haha :)
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've actually have tried the Lemonade diet, which i made myself on 2 separate occasions.
    I've also done the Almased diet a few months ago.
    And i've done straight raw fruits, veggies, and water for a few days.

I must say with all of them b/c it was the only source i was consuming i felt a bit tired and weak. some headaches, but with the Almased diet i was at least able to work out for the entire week. i would recommend that one the most. it's doesn't taste the best, but u still get the protein your body needs.

let me know if you need additional info, or have more questions.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    It wasn't a three day cleanse but the GM cleanse made me feel AWESOME. It's 7 days though. But you can EAT!!

I didn't have ANY weight loss....so if that's what you are going for..this is not the cleanse (my roommate however, lost 13 lbs on it so It may depend...)

I'll look it up. Thank you! I'm not looking for weight loss. I just want to shock my system a bit and then switch to a healthier diet than I've been on.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    *Watches*
  • uoyevoli2013
    Options
    My best friend often will do one day drinking only water nothing else for 24 hours. Then makes this shake type thing with orange juice ice and iron tablets, and anything else you feel important sometimes shell put cauliflour because its her favorite, shes also put carrots, grapes, apples, ect. and protein power if you're body needs that on a daily basis (because we are small and not body builders we can go a few days without meat, (maybe some peanutbuter or an egg will be enough energy for the day). and then then third day only drink water with salad and fresh non processed foods like cheese or deli meats and fruit alot of vitamin C helps. on the fourth day you will feel refreshed. i always fail only drinking water the first day so ive never felt as refreshed as my friend but it does make me feel super healthy after! i hope this helped.P.S The guy that suggested drain-o does meth trololololol
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Despite your disclaimer, cleanses are bogus. Don't be a sucker.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I did on the actual lemon detox cleanse and it was horrible because I just couldn't stomach the lemon but the green tea one I did two days then only ate veg at dinner for two days then the follwing two days I had oats for breakfast with veg for dinner. I worked my way up kind of and it was fine but if I'm honest the only thing I noticed was that in my mind I believed it was doing something to make me lose weight but realistically I just peed river loads! sorry for the gross image :P
  • kdoty0305
    Options
    I did the Dr. Natura's toxin and colon cleanse a few years ago and it made a huge difference in my digestion.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I know everyone has mixed opinions on cleanses and I'm not looking for a debate on the topic or reasons why you think cleanses are silly. I've heard a lot of people say that it really makes them feel better and I'd like to try one myself. Which cleanses have you yourself tried and found to have positive effects? I don't just mean the products you purchase online, it could be any variety of homemade recipes, etc. Thank you for your honest input.

Good luck with that!
  • MichiganGirl42
    MichiganGirl42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the Dr. Oz Show, and will be doing it soon:
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I'll look it up. Thank you! I'm not looking for weight loss. I just want to shock my system a bit and then switch to a healthier diet than I've been on.

What exactly does 'shock your system' mean?