What healthy food are you addicted to?

Options

Replies

• yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. By calories, it is 50% protein and has more calcium and lot less sugar than greek yogurt. It mixes well with bellpeppers, tomatoes, pinapple...but mostly I just eat it plain.

I eat an entire container for a meal (315 calories). I have to limit myself to 1 meal per day because I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and post workout snack. I eat it out of the container, so it is very convenient. No prep, no dishes.

It does have 1,015 mg of sodium per container, but I'm not overly worried about my sodium intake. I generally don't have a problem staying under 2,500 mg / day.
  • vanessa1324
    vanessa1324 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts... yep, that's right, I said it and I'm not ashamed. OK, so I pretty much love ALL vegetables, esp. Broccoli, Asparagas, Corn, Lettuce/greens, etc. Also love Edamame, tofu, soy milk, balance protein bars

ME TOO! Love Brussel Sprouts...especially cut into halfs and sauted with a little coconut oil and apple cider vinegar! Love them with mustard seed too!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    avocados with a little cottage cheese scooped in the hole where the pit goes....oh em gee, it is so good. I ate an entire avocado this way for breakfast today
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes...I am addicted to frozen grapes....
  • rosebudbutterfly
    rosebudbutterfly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    carrots, not the baby ones either the real Bugs Bunny carrot. I have at least two a day for my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. By calories, it is 50% protein and has more calcium and lot less sugar than greek yogurt. It mixes well with bellpeppers, tomatoes, pinapple...but mostly I just eat it plain.

I eat an entire container for a meal (315 calories). I have to limit myself to 1 meal per day because I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and post workout snack. I eat it out of the container, so it is very convenient. No prep, no dishes.

It does have 1,015 mg of sodium per container, but I'm not overly worried about my sodium intake. I generally don't have a problem staying under 2,500 mg / day.

^^ YES!!! I have half a cup(full fat) cottage cheese every night with chunks of pineapple. So many levels of delicious. It's filling, sweet, savory, creamy. Takes care of all my cravings. :)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    peanut butter - when i get on a pb kick i just can't stop
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Grapes!!! but with the amount that I eat, they can kinda get high in calories. boo!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    SALAD!!!

apples,berries, tomatoes, peppers, edemame, chick peas, oh I can go on and on I loooooooove healthy food!
  • GlacierFitness
    GlacierFitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Beachbody Chocolate Vegan Shakeology! I add mint extract to it and blend it up! Best stuff in the world!!!
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's reduced guilt spinach & kale greek yogurt dip mixed with a can of canned chunk chicken breast on multi-grain crackers. Don't know why, but I love that stuff. Surprisingly low in calories (30 cal per ounce), high in protein.

97915-spinach-kale-greek-yogurt-dip.jpg
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Kale salad - apple sauce! Oh apple sauce!!!! I love apple sauce with veggie bacon! Yum!!! LOL!!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    avocado and brussel sprouts
  • pinkupooh
    Options
    PB2. I seriously eat about 1/4 jar every morning with breakfast.

What's PB2??

It's powdered peanut flour that you mix with water to make lower fat/lower calorie, peanut butter. SO GOOD!

where will I get it?
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Bananas.... I eat at least 10 a week if not more.
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love this from trader joes! YES!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I had to learn how to make my own Kombucha because DW and I are horribly addicted to it.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cream cheeses love them all!! love that they are preportioned out already so no guessing!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and hummus
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Green beans w/ almonds
    Almonds
    Greek yogurt
    Frozen fruit, no sugar added